Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Testicle posted:

That woman is plus sized?

Like the other person said, even if its on the low end of "plus sized", its still at least refreshing to see a character in a dress up game that isn't rail-thin like Barbie, Bratz, Monster High, or whatever the hell this thing is:

(Notice it has the title "A Curvy Young Woman". Curvy :psyduck:)

If it makes you feel any better, their are some games with "plus-ier" plus-sized women in them. Here's one from the higher end you'll see in these games:

Innovacious posted:

fake edit: I could not stop myself, I went and played it to make this gif real edit: :nws: maybe?

Remember; this is your reward for beating the game. Congratulations, here's some doll poop! :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

Kloro posted:

The robot dog game made me incredibly angry, simply because as soon as I saw the title screen I thought of several much cooler games that would involve teaching kids actual coding skills. Like virtual LOGO with drag-and-drop instructions, for example. Which I really hope exists somewhere.

Given that this was a corporate game, by the way, I'm pretty sure that none of the in-game text or design came from the coders. That "cool" was chosen by a marketing exec and dictated to the coders, and I'd be willing to bet they hated it even more than you do.

Hm, while there definitely are games that have mechanics based around programming principles (The Zoombinis come to mind, actually), I dunno if a game with those concepts needs to be themed around computers specifically. Especially considering a lot of the games we have about computers and hacking in general have precious little to do with actual computer science, and by and large we're cool with the abstraction.

Purely mechanically, that game seemed like a solid experience. Colour palette aside, I'd have decent enough fun playing it. There's maybe a worthwhile discussion in how much a game themed around a profession should actually work like said profession, assuming the genre isn't simulation. Like, dentistry isn't much like the dentist game aside from your tools being toothbrushes, but is the game inherently bad as a result?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Kloro posted:

The robot dog game made me incredibly angry, simply because as soon as I saw the title screen I thought of several much cooler games that would involve teaching kids actual coding skills. Like virtual LOGO with drag-and-drop instructions, for example. Which I really hope exists somewhere.

I don't know what LOGO is, but for programming games, there is a programming minigame in The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain, which even includes subroutines.

Then there's SpaceChem.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

dijon du jour posted:

Remember this is your reward for beating the game. Congratulations, here's some doll poop! :bravo:

Perfectly egg-shaped doll poop, yet! Barbie, what are you feeding this child anyway? Unless this is just what whatever is going inside a Barbie doll's mutant abdomen produces? :gonk:

E:

unpronounceable posted:

I don't know what LOGO is...

"Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 - Yay I made a square! Can we play something else?"

(Always seethed with envy at the classrooms who had the version of the program where the drat "turtle" actually looked like a turtle.)

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 27, 2014

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JESUS CHRIST it's slenderman :aaaaa:

That is seriously horrifying.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

dijon du jour posted:

or whatever the hell this thing is:

Jesus. I think we can pass that off as the original design inspiration for Bayonetta, freakish giraffe legs and all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Rahonavis posted:

"Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 Forward 50 Right 90 - Yay I made a square! Can we play something else?"

(Always seethed with envy at the classrooms who had the version of the program where the drat "turtle" actually looked like a turtle.)
Sucks to be you, we had a physical robot in my class.

But I think all the interesting and inspiring programming stuff was dropped from the curriculum a few years later in favor of Using Microsoft® Excel® To Add Up Columns Of Numbers.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

Oddly enough, I did a google search for that image and the suggestion was "Clamp proportions" which lead me to a short list saying:

"The normal proportion of human bodies is around 7 1/2 heads. It is only in fashion design drawings that it is acceptable to depict a body in 10 or more heads."
Manga artists Clamp are known for doing that sometimes.

Which I guess makes some kind of sense? Either way, long legs can look nice or at least ok in certain styles, but that dress-up game is definitely freakish.

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 28, 2014

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Rahonavis posted:

Tell me that having to program your robot dog to perfectly pass a dog obstacle course doing tricks in appropriate places wouldn't be cool. :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Soricidus posted:

Sucks to be you, we had a physical robot in my class.

But I think all the interesting and inspiring programming stuff was dropped from the curriculum a few years later in favor of Using Microsoft® Excel® To Add Up Columns Of Numbers.

We had the robots but they wouldn't let us use them in case we broke them.

Also, Adding Up Columns Of Numbers in Excel is a pretty useful skill. Though not as useful as Doing That List Of Stuff That Unlocks Spy Hunter In Excel

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 23, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edit: I probably shouldn't say things that sound like insults even if I didn't intend it that way.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 28, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

DairunCates posted:

You know. The funny thing is that this isn't actually entirely uncommon in animation especially in newer generation games and movies. A lot of animators and studios will actually physically model the nipples on a character, because that subtle extra bit of deformation in the skin can actually effect how a good amount of cloth clothes fall off the body. Mind you, it's not a terrible difference, but as graphical fidelity gets higher, even the most subtle of mistakes become noticeable and even a bit unnerving (See Polar Express for the worst possible example of this). So, it's a noticeable enough difference in non-stylized games and movies that it can look off to some viewers if they closely examine the character model, and it's a small easy change. Mind you, I'm not actually sure if Skyrim does this so much as it was just a texturing issue, but it does explain why the practice is common enough that they'd have a template for it.

It's still pretty weird in general that they'd bother texturing it though.

OwlFancier posted:

Depending on how you model the character, you might also put the apex of the boob-sphere where the nipple goes, giving it an odd pointy look. When I did character modelling we were always encouraged to make the vertex lines flow around shapes in the character model, so finding somewhere appropriate to put the inevitable bunches of vertices is a tricky thing.

Veloxyll posted:

They already had suitable textures from doing male torsos (since they are able to be topless in public) so it's just a copy paste job of the textures. Plus it probably got weird doing your render tests to make sure it looks right and then have this untextured blob in the middle.

These are all good explanations for this sort of thing, and would mean that leaving the (hidden but for mods) nipples on female characters was just an oversight - because really, they'd have to expect the professional hand-wringers to kick up a fuss about it.

I don't think this is the case with Oblivion specifically though. From things I've heard about Bethsoft, their art pipeline was not advanced enough (at the time at least) to be using techniques like the ones DairunCates mentions. Considering the quality of the final art assets, they were doing something wrong if it was that advanced. Also characters are most often wearing rigid plate armour and whatnot, so I doubt they'd bother.

No, the base female mesh in Oblivion (sans welded-on underwear) from memory looks like a smooth featureless barbie doll (as you might expect), just with nipples textured on. It wasn't a copy of the male texture, either; it was different and intentional. I'm not about to put something like "oblivion nipple comparison" into google image search to try to find supporting evidence for any of this though, considering what certain parts of the Oblivion modding community are like.

... Ugh why am I talking about Oblivion nipples? I mean I guess it's sort of interesting when you consider that way back in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, there was full-frontal male and female nudity and I don't recall anyone caring... but it's not really what this thread is about.

So, er... on the latest update; the 'Barbie Roboticist's Lament' title made me think it was going to be about that bizarre-looking Barbie game that ripped off the robot characters from the Portal games. I think someone else linked that RPS article earlier in the thread. It looks just as vapid and simplistic as these flash games, really... I wonder how much of that is a "kid games" thing and how much is a "girl games" thing.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Oh boy! It's time again for Really Awful iOS Games For Gurlz: Part 3

Now we're hittin some serious levels of trash. This is STARDOM - THE A-LIST.

It's another game where I was genuinely surprised to find a gender choice offered. This time let's be a guy.

I made us a real STAR here. Actually all I did was mash random because the (you can do this later!) text beneath the customize option interested me. I can change my entire physical appearance later? Does plastic surgery factor into this title in some large way?

So we're in some kind of Hollywood type town I guess, with our snobby... room mate? I guess? He's a "Starbeans Barista" so I don't see why he's giving us poo poo.

I've cut out a lot of dialogue here (A LOT) but trust me when I say it's dripping with weird sexual tension.

So here's our lovely apartment. We can scroll back and forth through the empty, creepy room.

Mr. Barista explains about how to do quests and ughhh. This game sucks. It's awful. It's a million screens of awkward terrible dialogue, and then tapping on things to complete "quests". There's never anything more interactive than "tap on this box" or "tap on the tv".

This was the most interactive thing I could find in the first few minutes of the game. Flirt with this gross smoking dude to make him carry your loving garbage couch up the stairs.

No, no gently caress this. This game is boring and awful. You can already see all the dumbass currencies along the top bar with the conspicuous "ADD" buttons for putting in your mom's credit card number. Next.

This is more like it. Let's be a SOCIAL GIRL (tm)!!!

Oh, it needs to load. Okay. Let me be open with you here and say that when I was taking these screenshots I was also watching tv at the same time, because these games are slow and boring. I watched a couple minutes of whatever show was on and looked back down.

Still loading. It has cute little "loading activities" listed ala the sims. Back to watching tv. Five minutes later or so I pick my phone back up.

Are you kidding?

I wish I was exaggerating but by this point it had been about ten full minutes of it slowly loading.

I really want you guys to experience the full width and breadth of Social Girl's loading experience. This "final touchups" screen was up for at least three minutes.

Finally, jesus christ. This game must have some intense content that it took so long to load.

Well it starts with a pretty basic dressup game. I'm already nervous about the currencies in the corner but that's still a casual/mobile market problem and not inherently a "girl game" problem.

The art in this game is pretty lazy and bad. There aren't very many options to choose from for customization, and it's hard to describe her animations going on to the left there but I'll choose the words "weird marionette".

Time to pick our HOT MAN MEAT.

Wow, what is this? We as girls are perfect, but this gross guy is totally not, so we're going to change him into our perfect man! This has a lot of weird messages about relationships I don't like, but I think it's the first game I've seen for girls that says "there's nothing wrong with you, don't change yourself for a guy." That's kind of awesome?

WAIT, WHAT?

YUP that loving first section where you customize your character and choose a boy was the ONLY THING LOADED from that first tremendous load screen. I put down my phone and went to get a drink here so I don't actually know how long this load took.

Anyway, remember that good message we covered before? No it wasn't true, the entire aim of the game is to dress yourself the way the guy wants you to.

Also, this isn't even a game! In that one video of dvac's, you have to choose the right outfit (that *your man* wants) from a large selection of clothes. In this game you can literally only choose the right clothes.

We did it. :geno: Time for our date.

The animations here are abominable. The characters just keep cycling through absurd poses while spouting their weird dialogue. I don't know how to describe it. It's terrible.

WHAT A HOT DATE

Next is an official American Girl game, McKenna's Gymtastic. Already we're in trouble with the resolution here, there's just a giant black bar on the left.

Gymtastic is another popular kind of mobile game called an endless runner. Your character runs from left to right automatically and you have to try and guide them over jumps and through obstacles.

It's pretty much impossible to show off anything about this game because it moves so fast, and also because pressing the screenshot button causes the game to ignore all inputs for about 5 seconds.

I lost really really fast due to frantically trying to take screenshots over and over.

The last game for this update is the Littlest Pet Shop official game. I *LOVED* the Littlest Pet Shop crap when I was a kid so I was a little excited.

Before we can start the game though, it immediately throws this age thing up. Considering this game is aimed at very young girls, I'm really surprised it asked for full birthday and year instead of, you know, just your age.

I tried to think of how old I was when I liked these toys, and 9 seemed about right, so we're 9 now. (Also, everyone feel OLD. Kids born in 2005 are NINE YEARS OLD NOW.)

Here's the only red flag I needed really. It IMMEDIATELY informs you that there are in-app purchases to be had to make the game "more fun". Gross.

The game tries to cover up the gross IAP alert with a cute cartoon, which was actually the highest quality thing I'd seen so far with all these dumb games. This little girl wants to be a pet... fashion... maker??? Or something?

The dialogue here was so boring I didn't even capture it. It was just back and forth banter about being bored. Also that dog (cat?) has amazing hair.

But then instead of you know, playing fun animal-related games or actually running a pet shop, this happens.

It's more of this same casual game bullshit, Farmville in disguise, terrible grind without IAP. It's infuriating that this crap is just everywhere. It's just so LAZY.

I was going to stop taking screenshots there, but something caught my interest. The only animal you can buy at the start is a welsh corgi. I own a corgi! This doesn't look like a corgi.

So this definitely looks like some kind of weird cat or rabbit and not a corgi. Also, like the defining feature of a corgi is the docked tail! They have such happy little nubs! I hate this. They couldn't even find an actual fact about the breed to put in the side bar. gently caress this poo poo I'm out.

NOPE SORRY DON'T THINK SO

Next time: (LOUD SOUNDS OF AGONY)

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Barbie Dreamhouse Party is unfortunately still under the 3 month rule, and besides, Dyslexiactic is probably going to end up LP'ing it, but I DO OWN THAT GAME, so I might still play it eventually.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 23, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Panzer Skank posted:

The dialogue here was so boring I didn't even capture it. It was just back and forth banter about being bored. Also that dog (cat?) has amazing hair.

That dogcat looks like it's wearing one of the My Little Ponies' tails as a toupee.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

You know what this reminds me of?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Antistar01 posted:

That dogcat looks like it's wearing one of the My Little Ponies' tails as a toupee.

I'm pretty sure the Littlest Pet Shop cartoon drew more than a token amount of inspiration from the success of My Little Pony.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Six Of Spades posted:

Purely mechanically, that game seemed like a solid experience. Colour palette aside, I'd have decent enough fun playing it. There's maybe a worthwhile discussion in how much a game themed around a profession should actually work like said profession, assuming the genre isn't simulation. Like, dentistry isn't much like the dentist game aside from your tools being toothbrushes, but is the game inherently bad as a result?

No, I'm pretty sure what made that game inherently bad was the freakish hellmouth you were staring into. Similarly, the worst part of that potty game was the "victory screen" :gonk:

The "program your robot dog" game actually was the best of the bunch solely because there wasn't anything inherently traumatizing about it. That said, the Barbie.com games are a step up from what we've seen on account of being actual games designed with the intent of being games, as opposed to toys with no actual goal, as was discussed in the second video.

Panzer Skank posted:

(LOUD SOUNDS OF AGONY)

It's worth noting that the Littlest Pet Shop game is done by the exact same moneygrubbing company that did the My Little Pony game that was lambasted over in the Awful iOS Games thread. I'm not really surprised that it's exactly the same poo poo with a different Hasbro franchise painted over it.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
You're doing the lord's work here, Devious Vaccum.

This is some serious contrast to my older sisters wondering why there wasn't any more dress-up in any of the games I played. It's actually kind of weird hearing this with audio and not just a fantasy in my head.

Kamikaze Scotsman
Dec 14, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

The "program your robot dog" game actually was the best of the bunch solely because there wasn't anything inherently traumatizing about it.

If you didn't think the dog programming game was traumatizing, you're probably not a professional programmer.

It almost feels insulting that they made no effort to make it resemble programming in any way. Then again, I have no idea why I would expect any effort from games like these.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kamikaze Scotsman posted:

If you didn't think the dog programming game was traumatizing, you're probably not a professional programmer.

It almost feels insulting that they made no effort to make it resemble programming in any way. Then again, I have no idea why I would expect any effort from games like these.

Dude, face it, these games that try to mimic professions for kids are never going to be accurate. The last time we saw a realistically portrayed programmer on TV, everyone forgot about that person. It's much cooler to imagine programmers being techno wizards that just bend reality to their will via a keyboard. Also have robot dogs familiar powered by your prowess as a techno wizard.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

With regards to the cheerleaders in the latest video:

"I scored Daddy a Hole-in-One yesterday! Teehee!"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Kamikaze Scotsman posted:

Hey, hey, it had 1s and 0s all over the place, just like you see every day when you log into the cyberworld to hack your database protocols.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's not like the hacking minigame in say, Mass Effect, is any closer to what real hacking is.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
That did have the benefit of looking like real code and thus being briefly amusing the first few times you were frantically scanning for a match.

I don't see anything wrong with using a random matching game with 1s and 0s, but it would be more fun in my book if you had to create specific kinds of matches to send specific signals to your robot dog. That still wouldn't be much like actual programming but it would make some connection between what you were doing and the concept of commanding a robot to do what you wanted.

Little scrolling screen on the side with the dog wandering around in an environment, and you put together matches to make him move, jump, and dig in specific spots?

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
I kinda feel sorry for the poor robot dog and his lack of programming. Let's face it, Hideo Kojima set the bar for robot dog programming ridiculously high.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pretty sure that was Platinum Games.

Nethris
Mar 28, 2010
Yeah, Platinum at least did the actual programming, though they did get handed a lot of concept work from Kojima and crew when they were handed the project.

On the subject of cheerleaders and robot dogs, at least the programming game seemed competent mechanics wise even though those were copied wholesale. That cheerleader game with the sudden straight drops the cheerleaders went into partway into their descents screws with attempts to try to estimate trajectories, turning it into even more trial and error than it needed to be. Hell, it doesn't even seem to let you adjust velocity at all - ripping off Artillery style games isn't THAT difficult and would have at least made that game more amusing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Sims-playing dude reporting in. I've been neck deep in that franchise ever since the original game came out when I was in middle school. I definitely take the dollhouse approach a lot of the time. When I design a household, I always have a big picture "this is what I am going for" in mind, with like really specific characters, one of whom I usually designate as the "main character" that I plan to pay the most attention to while the others do autonomous things.

I also get really deep into the house-building, though. It's pretty normal for me to spend 1-2 hours just building a new house, especially if it's a more difficult case like 4 young adults who only collectively have like $19,000 to spend. My most recent one had corners cut all over the place because I wanted the house to be big enough to kind of "upgrade into". They didn't even have a kitchen until like day 6; I've been head-canoning it that the Main sim inherited a lovely old fixer-upper from his grandma, moved in with a bunch of college buddies who want to help him flip it.

My girlfriend doesn't understand why I enjoy playing Sims, and finds it incredibly boring. She picks it up sometimes to make a bunch of dysfunctional people with prank call names, then remembers she's watching sims watch TV and plays something more exciting, instead.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Fuckin robo dogs, how do they work?

:shrug:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I always enjoy the house-building aspects more than anything to do with the actual Sims...I'd literally build a house, dress up a family, and then lose all interest. Though sometimes it helped to try and come up with plots--my longest lasting household was probably the one with the group of wannabe superheros in the military and law enforcement careers, all camped out on the couches of their neat freak perfectionist friend until they could afford their own HQ and desperately trying to ignore the fact that her twin sister and cousin were thieves. Their arch nemesis was the madman down the street who built robots in his basement.

Of course in reality they just did goofy sim things all day and the arch nemesis would come over to eat their pizza and use their bathroom and that kind of killed it.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Ramos posted:

It's much cooler to imagine programmers being techno wizards that just bend reality to their will via a keyboard.
Actually that's pretty much what programmers do! I type thing into computer and computer does exactly what I say every time and I feel so powerful muahahahaha.

I wanted to imagine that specific sequences of bits triggered animations in that robot dog but I'm pretty sure it's just random.

Nethris posted:

That cheerleader game with the sudden straight drops the cheerleaders went into partway into their descents screws with attempts to try to estimate trajectories, turning it into even more trial and error than it needed to be. Hell, it doesn't even seem to let you adjust velocity at all - ripping off Artillery style games isn't THAT difficult and would have at least made that game more amusing.
Sorry but I just lost it when my mind squished/morphed this all together into "Cheerleader Artillery Game". Now THAT is a game I would play.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zoe posted:

I always enjoy the house-building aspects more than anything to do with the actual Sims...I'd literally build a house, dress up a family, and then lose all interest. Though sometimes it helped to try and come up with plots--my longest lasting household was probably the one with the group of wannabe superheros in the military and law enforcement careers, all camped out on the couches of their neat freak perfectionist friend until they could afford their own HQ and desperately trying to ignore the fact that her twin sister and cousin were thieves. Their arch nemesis was the madman down the street who built robots in his basement.

Of course in reality they just did goofy sim things all day and the arch nemesis would come over to eat their pizza and use their bathroom and that kind of killed it.

Yeah, you have to kind of work at creating enemies, rather than just unpleasant acquaintances, unless you've rigged your sims to be naturally anti-social. I usually pick out a few townies to just be an rear end in a top hat to, with reasoning that varies by situation. The AI can be pretty dickish on their own sometimes, so often I just have to escalate a fight in progress that started by itself.

I'm also the guy who plays dressup in Saints Row, and has unironic fun dressing in appropriate outfits around town in Elder Scrolls games. I think my male/female character ratio is about 50/50, when given the choice. It's almost entirely based on whatever weird RP idea I get in my head at the time, but it's very much analogous to playing with dolls/action figures, whatever. Especially in slower-paced games, I tend to get very much into my character's head. People watching me play video games probably get really weirded out when I take huge detours to change outfits for a specific cutscene I know is coming up, or affect in-game mannerisms that I self-enforce. Sometimes I narrate what I'm doing :shobon:

I've always had a very rich inner life.

This thread is amazing, also. I hope you check out some of the surprisingly :spergin: horse games that are floating around out there. There was an LP of Petz Horsez 2 a year or two ago, and I remember being pretty impressed by how far they took "taking care of horses adventure, you know, for the girls", despite the game's general jankiness. It's like a made for TV movie, in video game form, but like with also really weirdly detailed equine hygiene mini-games.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 28, 2014

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

deadly_pudding posted:

This thread is amazing, also. I hope you check out some of the surprisingly :spergin: horse games that are floating around out there. There was an LP of Petz Horsez 2 a year or two ago, and I remember being pretty impressed by how far they took "taking care of horses adventure, you know, for the girls", despite the game's general jankiness. It's like a made for TV movie, in video game form, but like with also really weirdly detailed equine hygiene mini-games.

It's in the archive. Missed it the first time round, so I'll have to check it out.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Ramengank posted:

Actually that's pretty much what programmers do! I type thing into computer and computer does exactly what I say every time and I feel so powerful muahahahaha.

Then, later. "What, what do you mean I'm getting a null pointer error, that doesn't make sense because you start this and it cou... GODDAMMIT NO COMPUTER, DON'T DO EXACTLY WHAT I SAY. Wait...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tin Tim posted:

Fuckin robo dogs, how do they work?

:shrug:

I don't know why I did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

This is what the inside of my brain looks like all the time.

• Locked thread