Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Suspicious Cook posted:

Something Ace Attorney has always done well is presenting both men and women of all sorts of shapes, ages, and sizes.

For your example of a larger woman, the most recent game has Norma DePlume who is an influential non-fiction writer. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played it, but while there are a couple cracks on her size, she's presented as an actual, powerful person.

DePlume is one of my favourite characters from the new game, to be honest, but then I'm a sucker for an unapologetically powerful female character. Actually, the three other fat women I can think of in that series (Sister Bikini from the third game, Plum Kitaki from the fourth and Delicy Scones from the second Investigations game, which didn't get released overseas) are all intelligent and powerful women. It does play their weight for laughs, but they don't tend to be too one-note. The overweight male characters in Ace Attorney, on the other hand ... but this is a thread about Girl Games.

On a completely different note, I did watch Winx as a kid. From memory it was a bit like Harry Potter if you replaced wizards with fairies and gave everyone really terrible punny names relating to their power. It wasn't too bad, as far as shows centered around a bunch of high-school-age girls go, but the outfits weren't much better than the ones in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread