Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
NOOOOOOOoooo!

That interview justifies it well, at least. Could've done without Kroll spoiling so many sweet punchlines to the story intersects, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Krollin' around with Nick Clown

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy crap is the preview episode funny. Don't watch if you don't want big spoilers, I'd say they show 2/3 of an episodes worth of scenes for about 3 or 4 characters. The movie, holy poo poo.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EL BROMANCE posted:

Holy crap is the preview episode funny. Don't watch if you don't want big spoilers, I'd say they show 2/3 of an episodes worth of scenes for about 3 or 4 characters. The movie, holy poo poo.

Also potential Nathan For You crossover

"Have you heard of the illuminati?"

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

This was so loving good, despite the worse-than-TV commercial breaks. C-zar and Liz's dueling baby names are so perfect.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Pompous Rhombus posted:

This was so loving good, despite the worse-than-TV commercial breaks. C-zar and Liz's dueling baby names are so perfect.

holy poo poo those commercial breaks are incredible. I've always loved the transitions on this show.

edit: also wish I could have worked at Plugz

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

There is a disturbing lack of Rich Dicks in that preview ep :(

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
hilarious season premiere last night.

Wheels Ontario and Gigolo House were pitch perfect as usual. Dead Girl Town has alot of promise, too.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

The Piper posted:

Wheels Ontario and Gigolo House were pitch perfect as usual. Dead Girl Town has alot of promise, too.

They were but the best part of the episode was Kathryn Hahn telling the story of her mom's mournful farts.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

The Piper posted:

Yeah, pretty fantastic. Sad there won't be more but it's good to go out on a high note.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If by more you mean series', then yeah. If you mean more episodes involving the mentioned sketches then theres a Bobby B movie that was in the preview episode and it's amazing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I wish Real World Chik Klub would start hanging banners outside their locations with WE LIKE BLACKS AND GAYS NOW! on them. :( Also, the black chick in Dead Girl Town is on Justified. I think that may've been the reference to 'I already joined the force 5 years ago'

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That line was definitely a wink to Justified. Erica Tazel is adorable.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Apoplexy posted:

Also, the black chick in Dead Girl Town is on Justified.

Oh thanks, I was trying to figure out where I recognized her from.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Still holding out hope for Kroll of Showes before this thing is over. :(

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

The evolution of this show. It's just incredible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Need Pleep Ploop for a ringtone asap.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Give me more European Guy

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ottawa Ottawa Ottawa Dont Want To Go To Bed Mum!

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Oh god I'd have to watch Millionaire Matchmaker with several of my exes so I absolutely loved the girl hosting the whole Losers Bracket sketch.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleepy ploop, pleep ploop, pla-pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pa pleep ploop pleep

Hokay, pleep ploop, pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, a pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleep ploop, pla pleep ploop pleep

aaaa pleep ploop, pleep ploop, pa pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleep ploop, pa pleep ploop, pleep pleep ploop, pleep ploop, pa pleep ploop pleep

babay, that's a pleep ploop

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Why does Kroll hate Canada so much?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Oh god I'd have to watch Millionaire Matchmaker with several of my exes so I absolutely loved the girl hosting the whole Losers Bracket sketch.

Watch 'Marry Me' on NBC! Nobody else is, so it's going to get cancelled :(

This season has been amazing. I'm with Hot Soccermom - Nick Kroll is a fool for ending it while it's so good. The fact he's been able to intertwine new ideas with existing characters means he could've kept it going and evolving for years. At least if it got cancelled I could just be angry at the network, not the creator.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EL BROMANCE posted:

This season has been amazing. I'm with Hot Soccermom - Nick Kroll is a fool for ending it while it's so good. The fact he's been able to intertwine new ideas with existing characters means he could've kept it going and evolving for years. At least if it got cancelled I could just be angry at the network, not the creator.

I'm still holding out for annual 'specials' like a Wheels, Ontario Christmas. Or Liz&Liz Friendiversary Spectacular

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I dunno man, I'd always rather a show feel it ended a season too early than too late. As much as I love this show, having done stand-up and comedy writing I wouldn't envy the task of writing another season of this show without letting standards slip. I couldn't do it, and I'm not sure anybody could. v:shobon:v

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

pentyne posted:

Why does Kroll hate Canada so much?
Kroll & Daly love it and their satire of Canadian content is the funniest I've ever seen by anyone who isn't an SCTV legend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mackenzie-Ng is probably one of the most Canadian surnames i've ever heard.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Kroll & Daly love it and their satire of Canadian content is the funniest I've ever seen by anyone who isn't an SCTV legend

Yeah even the jokes about how things are named (necklace vs choker, getting gunshot, suggestion) are just all amazing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dreylad posted:

Yeah even the jokes about how things are named (necklace vs choker, getting gunshot, suggestion) are just all amazing.

"You gunshot me Teuwns"

Dookberg
Oct 14, 2003

An evening with George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkitRyvdtJY

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

"You gunshot me Teuwns"

"Can I get a bag of homo milk please. You know, 3% homogenized milk"

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Dookberg posted:

An evening with George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkitRyvdtJY

Nick Kroll and John Mulaney are treasures

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The most offensive thing about the Beats & Rice sketch is that Nick Kroll apparently thinks Where Is The Love was BEFORE The Black Eyed Peas sold out and became terrible.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Gargamel Gibson posted:

The most offensive thing about the Beats & Rice sketch is that Nick Kroll apparently thinks Where Is The Love was BEFORE The Black Eyed Peas sold out and became terrible.

The sketch has the manager add the Fergie analogue the instant they sign the contract though?? You were born a schmuck and you'll die a schmuck welcome to hell idiot.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MoPZiG posted:

There is a disturbing lack of Rich Dicks in that preview ep :(

Issue has now been resolved ;)

Is it wrong that big Liz's bangs look better on her than most people who do get them?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

GimpChimp posted:

The sketch has the manager add the Fergie analogue the instant they sign the contract though?? You were born a schmuck and you'll die a schmuck welcome to hell idiot.

You're kind of getting it but the "real" song they perform at the beginning looks and sounds just like Where Is The Love.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Issue has now been resolved ;)

Dude is this my fune?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Nash Rickey AND Pawnsylvania. Best episode ever.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
LA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

DELI!!

• Locked thread