Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Kroll Show is possibly on the same level as Mr Show when it comes to it's ingenuity. Don't think a sketch is funny? That's fine, but it's probably really smart so you can enjoy that instead. I would love to map out how every character interwinds with each other, it's far better than I thought it was going to be (based on Kroll's CC special where his podcast characters didn't translate to screen wonderfully imo, and the first episode can't really demonstrate where the show is going to end up). As a Brit, I used to mainly look down a bit on American sketch comedy, as aside from the greats it was mostly miss... can't say that anymore with things like Kroll Show and Inside Amy Schumer (we'll ignore the last few episodes of that).

Ha, I only just realised that the director of the kids track at the end is 'Jason from LA' - Fred Armisen's character from the first sketch of Portlandia 1x01.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pompous Rhombus posted:

hoping for some Rich Dicks.

Make sure you watch tonights then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Apoplexy posted:

I sometimes can't even tell what's intentional and what isn't, but during that second Rocks & Roll segment, an obvious stuntman was riding the bike during one cut in place of Nick Kroll or his in-show character's actor, whichever it happens to be.

I didn't spot it, but I'm gonna go with intentional. There was also a boom mic in shot in the same sequence. Rich Dicks was amazing, great episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure if this is just a promotional clip or from an upcoming episode? Brian La Croix at the Canadian Grammys

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/n8giap/kroll-show-bryan-la-croix---live-at-the-canadian-grammys

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I 'liked but didn't love' the San Diego Diet from s1, but then the 'San Diego Mindset' from the latest episode had me rolling just because it was the perfect callback with the right amount of time. It felt like SDD existed in s1 purely so they could (possibly) do this a year later.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, *every* time I see a Chikk Klub wrapper I laugh. There was one on the Cassandra reality show this week, they get them everywhere. That's what makes the show work so well, the constant evolution of reality show spinoffs, seeing C-Czar's / Liz & Liz's names come up as producers etc. As individual skits they're 'ok' to 'good', but as an entire entity it's just great.

Although Rich Dicks transcends everything, because goddamn Jon Daly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good news! Krolling Around With Nick Clown has been picked up for a 3rd season!

How deep can the rabbit hole go...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Piper posted:

so is C-Czar the father of Liz's unborn child? They sort of hinted at that last episode.

Didn't we already know this going into the season? Or maybe I just presumed it because they dated in the last season and then they both went on to have pregnancy related story lines and it was just obvious. But yes, he is.

Eltoasto posted:

It's the simple things that amuse me the most, such as bleeping "I'm coming, I'm coming!" as Bobby B runs to answer the front door.

That was amazing. I also had to rewind that bit because I wanted to read Farley's real name :D

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I loved the crossovers between all the different segments :3:

Yeah, as soon as you could see the kind of people surrounding the Niece, Denise I was like "Ahhhhh I know *exactly* who would throw a party like this!".

Really solid end to the season, looking forward to next year already.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For me, this season is summed up with Mulaney's delivery of:

You're born a schmuck and you'll die a schmuck. Welcome to hell, idiot.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Seeing a fair few pictures of characters being posted up on Twitter/Instagram the last few days... Bob Ducca hanging out with C-Czar etc. Presumably this means they shooting again, maybe s3 isn't as far away as nearly a whole year?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When I was editing the Comedy Central thread, I noticed that the IMG link that was used in the OP here has died. Anyone save a copy that can be added to imgur or something?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy crap is the preview episode funny. Don't watch if you don't want big spoilers, I'd say they show 2/3 of an episodes worth of scenes for about 3 or 4 characters. The movie, holy poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If by more you mean series', then yeah. If you mean more episodes involving the mentioned sketches then theres a Bobby B movie that was in the preview episode and it's amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Oh god I'd have to watch Millionaire Matchmaker with several of my exes so I absolutely loved the girl hosting the whole Losers Bracket sketch.

Watch 'Marry Me' on NBC! Nobody else is, so it's going to get cancelled :(

This season has been amazing. I'm with Hot Soccermom - Nick Kroll is a fool for ending it while it's so good. The fact he's been able to intertwine new ideas with existing characters means he could've kept it going and evolving for years. At least if it got cancelled I could just be angry at the network, not the creator.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MoPZiG posted:

There is a disturbing lack of Rich Dicks in that preview ep :(

Issue has now been resolved ;)

Is it wrong that big Liz's bangs look better on her than most people who do get them?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I completely forgot until now that Dr Armond is best friends with Kelsey Grammar. His inclusion in Chairs was amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shame the whole episode was just the one we saw as a preview, but nice to know it's going to be all new footage going forward.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some background on the Wheels Ontario episode - the girl who plays Tunes has an identical twin sister in France who was separated from her and didn't know she existed until friends saw a movie with her and thought they looked really alike. They did some research and they're making/made a movie about their reunion. Not sure if both parts were played by one of them or if they had her sister play Tunes' twin.

Good episode, love Pitbull so yet another Kroll character I'm digging.

E: more info here which I probably should've read before going by memory http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557107/Twin-sisters-separated-birth-DNA-test.html

Also I like this tweet from nick kroll to the sister back about a year ago, which makes me think it probably was Anais playing the role not Samantha https://twitter.com/anaisfbordier/status/410894236746137601

E2: ah nick tweeted that there was legal problems in casting Anais, a shame but still a fun way to include real life in the sketch.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 25, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As someone who somehow convinced his girlfriend to drive us for 7 hours so I could see Pitbull in concert last year, I liked it a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Really want to see a Chelsea and Jenny buddy movie after this weeks ep.

• Locked thread