Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
:siren: ALRIGHT PEOPLE LISTEN UP! :siren:

Y'all have been posting in rounds of like, over a week. This is not conducive to good pbp-ing and it's kind of really frustrating me. Who of y'all is still here, and who of y'all am I going to end up dropping here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I am here. I will always be here. I love being here.

Also, I haven't even gotten to play half of my character yet :colbert:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
The game lives, and so does Jack!

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
I am not dead, only confused to the itinerary of Pbp, replying to roleplay fluff is free form, but I need to learn when to appropriately make an action/reaction post. But I will promise to become more active, and stop fearing the impending ban that might occur if I make a non-optimal post.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

knaelidos posted:

I am not dead, only confused to the itinerary of Pbp, replying to roleplay fluff is free form, but I need to learn when to appropriately make an action/reaction post. But I will promise to become more active, and stop fearing the impending ban that might occur if I make a non-optimal post.

There are bans for non-optimal posts?

Edit: Also, we miss you in IRC!

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'm here and still good! Sorry for such a delay to that last post; work got cray and I got writers block for awhile.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I'm still here, but an IRL thing is gonna make me pretty scarce until Friday. After that, Jaxus posts 24/7!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Sorry guys, I've had lack of home internet and busy at work issues. I'll be back tomorrow morning!

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
I apologize for the recent disappearance, I am not dead, just had to care for a family member who went into hospital for back surgery. But I can have a presence again, sorry for the lack of forewarning.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
AlanWhats, will we be ready to go soon?

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Alright here's the thing. I'm placing down a new rule for the foreseeable future.

:siren:Starting Monday, whoever has failed to post for a week WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE GAME! No exceptions, no questions asked.:siren:

I really want to keep this game going but at the rate so far it's more like a square wheel on a one-ton chassis carrying a ten-ton car. I've got people who are still hype for the game, and I want to keep that, but hype don't mean a thing if I can't get posts.

Thank you very much for those of you who stuck with this so far, I appreciate it.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

So alright, knaelidos for sure is bowing out, mistaya is currently on the fence. But I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about something mostly different.

So we've run into a point where we've achieved a minor milestone, and are now at sort of a breaking point. I figured I'd ask you guys a couple of questions. One, would you guys be interested in changing up from Fate Core to Atomic Robo Fate? Two, I bring this up because it's been brought up that it might be a thing you guys might want, would you guys be interested in just rebooting and essentially starting from "square one" or do you want to just keep going with what we've got? I can go either way, personally.

I'm really sorry.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I will cast my vote for a Reboot in Atomic Robo!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I've felt this needed a reboot for a bit anyway.

I'm ambivalent on Atomic Robo, but I certainly won't say no. Ok, so I'm neutral leaning yes. That's more accurate.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I think we totally lost our steam, and a reboot at least is needed.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

:siren:LET'S GET IT ON THEN:siren:

Alright people, let's reboot some Mu poo poo!

Now, we're changing up to Atomic Robo Fate, as was discussed. 30 points to split among three modes, megastunts and the whole lot. Most everything should be set, except for one thing: Demons are now technically going to be changed under the mechanics of "Contracts". Ideas are still the same, but the mechanics are now as thus:

quote:

Every Contract involves a "demon", a gift, and a cost. A gift describes what power the "demon" has, and the cost could either describe a limit to the power or something that the demon needs to continue to exist or desires in order to be whatever it considers happy. Gifts and costs may be invoked and compelled as aspects, respectively.

Each "demon" also grants stunt benefits based on its power level, one stunt benefit per level. These stunt benefits are often based on the gifts, but they may also be related to other aspects of the "demon". If a "demon" is higher power level than 2, they gain an additional cost. "Demons" gained do not count towards the stunt slot limit a PC may have: however, the GM gains fate points equivalent to the "demon's" power level, or the amount of stunt benefits it has.

If these mechanics seem off for some reason, let me know and we can talk it out. I'd like to get the new sheets done and the game booted up again by this month on the 17th.

LETS DO THIS poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Alright, 6 days! When I come down off of birthday madness tomorrow I'll have JAXUS 2: SWOLE HARDER up!

• Locked thread