Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

I’m glad we are finally starting to consider things like this after 300 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Fellis posted:

I’m glad we are finally starting to consider things like this after 300 chapters

Uh, no. They already answered that. They only drop money for Jihan, and he doesn’t make enough money to matter.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

That's what they are discussing though, how Gaia gifting him these powers makes sense when he could throw economies into turmoil but grinding.

Nowadays he is making 500k won per monster and his golems get drops too. He kills x monsters per minute.

It's definitely a question to ask. Gaia wants to keep the abyss from influencing the real world too much, yet he makes millions or billions of won a day.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

KittyEmpress posted:

That's what they are discussing though, how Gaia gifting him these powers makes sense when he could throw economies into turmoil but grinding.

Nowadays he is making 500k won per monster and his golems get drops too. He kills x monsters per minute.

It's definitely a question to ask. Gaia wants to keep the abyss from influencing the real world too much, yet he makes millions or billions of won a day.

There are 116 trillion wons in circulation. Since the comic specifies making 100 trillion won, yeah, that would cause inflation problems. Or he could just buy everything in the entire country. Which would be more of a problem. Is he anywhere close to that? I can't remember what his last big purchase was, but I thought he was still dealing in billions of wons.

Even if he is making enough to matter, he mostly spends it in the Abyss. Presumably, if he ever spent enough in the real world to cause problems, Gaia would smite him. Just like she would if he used mind control magic on normal people or competed in the Olympics or went around healing sick people. The whole justification for magic being secret is that people who don't keep it secret end up dead shortly afterwards. Exactly how he breaks the masquerade doesn't really matter.

This is all retreading old ground.

Well, I guess competing in the Olympics is okay, since didn't his friend's older sister get a gold medal or something?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

LLSix posted:

Uh, no. They already answered that. They only drop money for Jihan, and he doesn’t make enough money to matter.

those are panels from the most recent chapter???

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I hope he doesn't ally too much with the status quo libs or the alt-right ancaps.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-4-ep-137/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=333
Now with ads

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

A Mushroom fueled by a dead cannibalized child

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Nice to see a competent ambush in the latest chapter. I look forward to their inevitable defeat.

Also I have to figure there's a lot of really broken things, such as healing and mana potions, that are special grade or below, so Ji-han has definitely fully broken the Abyss economy now.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ji-Han's now just casually becoming an actual raid boss and basically casting time stop for a bit. This manhwa never disappoints.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Caught up on the past two chapters and giving a giant golem eye lasers is exactly the nerd power fantasy I want out of this story

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

booksnake posted:

Caught up on the past two chapters and giving a giant golem eye lasers is exactly the nerd power fantasy I want out of this story

Jihan understands his raid bosses and abilities they NEED to have.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Praise the sun! This week's episode brought to you by Popeye's.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
If people are looking for a reason to catch up, they just finished the current season and taking a break. Seems like next season (final one) will be about the war with geumodo.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-4-ep-154-season-4-finale/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=350

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So the official translation has been on hiatus since the end of season 4 for some reason. No idea why, it says it will return but were months later now and still nothing.

So today i decided to look for an unofficial translation, and behold, there are more chapters:

https://manganelo.com/chapter/read_the_gamer_manga_online_free/chapter_350

EDIT:

The translation is a bit of mess. Also, season 5 chapter 3 seems missing on that site but it is here: https://imgur.com/a/1r3qmKB?fbclid=IwAR18WNLYEAIubIOf9BkSW_RQTInjpsxZ3bTZBrZ6xGP6ORX9cSM3iRN6wFk

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 24, 2021

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Great catch. Still a lot of good content, even with all the terrible engrish.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Reset Scans is really bad. The used to be called MANGADODS and I still remember these little gems from Dungeon Reset:

vs

(Reaper Scans)

What's saddest is that they aren't even speedscans, they were consistently slower to release than RS.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
After ten thousand years we're free.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-5-ep-155-season-5-premiere/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=351

I have no idea why they waited so long.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Ep 2: https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-5-ep-2/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=352
Guess everyone moved on?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
scanlations have been running for several months now and are 20 chapters ahead. i'm not sure why they bothered though, the story has been dragging for a long time now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm still reading and was happy to see Masks girl again. She's fun.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I just hopped into reading this again. Nice to see Jee-Han's level of bullshit is continuing to escalate. It's exciting that we're at a level of golems on hand to wipe out a major guild and defenses strong enough to protect against multiple major guilds teaming up on him, and we're barely into the final season.

Let it build up to a full-on fight between the Gamer and Harem King at or near the finale and I'll be quite content. I'd totally accept Harem King having helped Jee-han in the past because he just wanted to finally have a strong opponent to fight against or to take his place as well.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just want to know what the heck is going on with his mom.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
just caught up with a bunch of episodes while sick, laughing at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
I nearly forgot about this, it's picking back up on webtoons.