Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I get the feeling he's going to accidentally grind the hell out of that gag skill.

That would be all kinds of awesome.

"Activating skill--Strike Pose"
"Opposing players -1 Int and confused"
"Allied players lose first strike from suppressing laughter/embarrassment"

"Skill bonus event check succeed--Pantzed!--Ayup, they're around your ankles"

"4 players (Allied--1 female, Opposed--2 females, 1 male) find you "impressive"
"Cha check--allied female human--fail--nice rear end- -1 Int +1 Str"
"Cha check--opposing male elf--fail--confused about new feelings- -1 Int"
"Cha check--opposing female human--Nice, but I've had better--no extra effect"
"Cha check--opposing female orc--Hot drat!- -2 Int -40% to damage"

Opposing female orc has deemed you sufficiently "armed" for "ritual combat". Do you wish to resolve this encounter that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

buzmeg posted:

That would be all kinds of awesome.

"Activating skill--Strike Pose"
"Opposing players -1 Int and confused"
"Allied players lose first strike from suppressing laughter/embarrassment"

"Skill bonus event check succeed--Pantzed!--Ayup, they're around your ankles"

"4 players (Allied--1 female, Opposed--2 females, 1 male) find you "impressive"
"Cha check--allied female human--fail--nice rear end- -1 Int +1 Str"
"Cha check--opposing male elf--fail--confused about new feelings- -1 Int"
"Cha check--opposing female human--Nice, but I've had better--no extra effect"
"Cha check--opposing female orc--Hot drat!- -2 Int -40% to damage"

Opposing female orc has deemed you sufficiently "armed" for "ritual combat". Do you wish to resolve this encounter that way?

Did I just read fanfiction in assembly code?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

Did I just read fanfiction in assembly code?

I think he got the type of games confused, is all. The main character of this manwha became a video game character, rather than a pnp character with a creepy, creepy DM no one likes to talk about.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Just make a Mana Shield at your feet, and jump off of it for a double jump, dummy

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Just make a Mana Shield at your feet, and jump off of it for a double jump, dummy

Unless the shield moves with him, in which case it'd be just like trying to double jump off a regular shield that you've strapped to your feet.

Now I want to see him try.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Jump on it, jump again and pull it up, repeat until airborne.
Mana-airsurfboard.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
New Chapter Out

An Options menu, this is getting ridiculous. :allears:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I want to see what's under the Video / Sound tabs in options.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ahaha, oh lord. Hwan Sung-Gon is going to inhuman lengths to create a miracle. Meanwhile, Jee-Han gets halfway there just by grinding on some zombies followed by spamming his basic heal.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I didn't expect the ominous dude who always wears sunglasses and summons giant demon dogs to have a sympathetic motivation.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ahaha, oh lord. Hwan Sung-Gon is going to inhuman lengths to create a miracle. Meanwhile, Jee-Han gets halfway there just by grinding on some zombies followed by spamming his basic heal.

Yeah, when it didn't effect the Invasion status I was thinking "Well, duh" and then at the end he slips in that he managed to lower it to intermediate like it was no big deal. With his basic healing skill!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
So, what'll happen if he goes to Options>Save, or, God forbid, Options>Exit Game?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aha, finally we learn the terrible consequences of his hubris last chapter: skill envy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I wonder. With how high level his observe skill has gotten, can he observe the abilities of others to get an idea of how they work? Even if he can't, observe is possibly his single most powerful skill. Getting a read on who someone is, their background, their possible skills, health issues, current emotions and all that just by looking is ridiculously useful.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Everything that happened in this chapter was just amazing. And Jee-Han's face at the end... :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FallenGod posted:

I want to see what's under the Video / Sound tabs in options.

Resolution options and subtitles :v:

Anyway Jee-han's ability keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
Where did he get all those soul stones? Grinding zombies?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

big sperma shot posted:

Where did he get all those soul stones? Grinding zombies?

Yep.

Options Menu is incredible

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011

MadHat posted:

Options Menu is incredible

This brings up the question of if there are other things found in games like a manual or cheat codes.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Deuterious posted:

This brings up the question of if there are other things found in games like a manual or cheat codes.
Or maybe administrators/tech support he could call when things go wrong

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Appachai posted:

Or maybe administrators/tech support he could call when things go wrong

Some day this idiot is gonna look up an FAQ

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
That was a great chapter.

It's hilarious/sad that Jee-Han is half way through curing Hwan Sun-Gon's daughter of her life long affliction with his basic healing skills. Also the skill envy at the end was hilarious. I wonder if he will run into her again, end up healing her permanently and get to learn some stuff from Hwan Sun-Gon out of gratitude, stuff like the teleport skill. *drool*

Also :wtf: at that options menu, I wonder what else is lurking in there?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That girl's stats are insane. I'm guessing her physical stats are roughly normal, but the rest are sky high and wildly disproportionate to her level.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Log082 posted:

Yeah, when it didn't effect the Invasion status I was thinking "Well, duh" and then at the end he slips in that he managed to lower it to intermediate like it was no big deal. With his basic healing skill!

But he mentions he tried it a few more times and it didn't get below intermediate. So to fully remove it, he either has to grind the gently caress out of his skill, or find some other way to remove her curse. Since she was born with it, I'm guessing he can only lessen its effects.

Loved the face at the end. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

~
tgm
~

DO IT JEE-HAN! BECOME THE CHIM!

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
I wonder if lowering the graphic settings would make the world 8-bit.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Hankosha posted:

I wonder if lowering the graphic settings would make the world 8-bit.

I was trying to decide if it'd be funnier if that happened, or if he'd like cause himself to be near/far-sighted, or give himself 20/20 vision at "max" settings. :allears:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I was trying to decide if it'd be funnier if that happened, or if he'd like cause himself to be near/far-sighted, or give himself 20/20 vision at "max" settings. :allears:

Why would he give himself 20/20 vision when he can reduce his sight and begin running way faster? Does he really need to see shadows?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Soylentbits posted:

Why would he give himself 20/20 vision when he can reduce his sight and begin running way faster? Does he really need to see shadows?

Now you got me curious about the specs on Jee-Han's PC that is running the game :v:

Awesome chapter, this series is onle getting better with every new chapter.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Y'all are focusing i the options menu, but way more nuts is that he's slowly approaching a kind of mediated omniscience through that observe skill.

Not just Class and Title anymore, which are rough summaries of a person's background, now he can also access detailed accounts of a person's background, their disposition, their exact capabilities, their afflictions... without ever having interacted with them.

Yeah, that's not scary at all.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Elite posted:

Magical healing skill to instantly heal himself or others. (The illness and status effect removal alone are enough to make him better than the world's greatest doctor)

Called it. :smuggo:

HenryEx posted:

Y'all are focusing i the options menu, but way more nuts is that he's slowly approaching a kind of mediated omniscience through that observe skill.

Not just Class and Title anymore, which are rough summaries of a person's background, now he can also access detailed accounts of a person's background, their disposition, their exact capabilities, their afflictions... without ever having interacted with them.

Yeah, that's not scary at all.

His observe skill has also developed sass, so maybe if he levels it enough it'll evolve into a full-on sarcastic tactical AI.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Elite posted:

Called it. :smuggo:

His observe skill has also developed sass, so maybe if he levels it enough it'll evolve into a full-on sarcastic tactical AI.

He keeps narrating all his actions. He should probably turn off tutorial mode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's nice to see that a developer's tendency to enable terrible options by default extends even to Gaia/God/Whatever

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
Chapter 25

Headshot :allears:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
He looks so evil, yet he's so sweet. I'm kind of shocked he hasn't asked the main character for more help.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Wittgen posted:

He looks so evil, yet he's so sweet. I'm kind of shocked he hasn't asked the main character for more help.

The way he worded that last panel makes me thinks he might go a little too far some time soon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm guessing that yunhon soul recovery normally carries some risks for the user, and certainly can't be spammed. Hwan Sung-Gong doesn't have any way of knowing that Jee-Han has a bizarre reality bending ability, or that he would gladly help if asked. Pretty much the only thing we know about Sung-Gong is that he doesn't trust people with his daughter. So, he is either going to try to get Jee-Han's aid via force or else continue with his original plan instead of trusting some random kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm guessing that yunhon soul recovery normally carries some risks for the user, and certainly can't be spammed. Hwan Sung-Gong doesn't have any way of knowing that Jee-Han has a bizarre reality bending ability, or that he would gladly help if asked. Pretty much the only thing we know about Sung-Gong is that he doesn't trust people with his daughter. So, he is either going to try to get Jee-Han's aid via force or else continue with his original plan instead of trusting some random kid.

I'm guessing that soul stones probably are either literally made of souls or made of spirits (like the zombies) but harder to make.