Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Soylentbits posted:

The earth elemental is going to be a teenage girl.

I'm actually afraid of this happening.
That goddamn elemental better be some sort of craggy rock monster or I'll be pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Amstrad posted:

Soylentbits posted:

The earth elemental is going to be a teenage girl.
I'm actually afraid of this happening.
That goddamn elemental better be some sort of craggy rock monster or I'll be pissed.
:suicide:
Hey she doesn't seem to be a teenage girl at least!
Anyway, that was way to predictable. The author has been pretty good about keeping things on the unexpected side so far, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

So now that we have an actual an actual dirt + stone golem I feel less cheated by the earlier reveal of the earth elemental as a cute girl.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

I guess Hell having internet access explains where the worst of the trolls come from.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

I've grown to like cute Noum, but I'm still a little miffed the earth elemental spell didn't result in more or less this.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the Touhou school of thought: if you're a witch, you better dress the part.

Not just Touhou, the witches in Terry Pratchett's books work entirely on the precept that if you want to be a witch, you need to dress and act the part. They call it headology.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Jose posted:

jee-han is going to take over the world after mindlessly power levelling random people

This. Jee-han is going to continue to build a harem of powerful ladies and become the strongest group in the Abyss.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Oh really? Where at?

I haven't read this since 134, anything interesting happen that'd warrant getting caught up with the little I'm behind instead of still waiting?

Latest update (142) has some fairly major plot stuff clearly getting set-up, but ends on a cliffhanger. I'd say wait until next week when we'll hopefully get a better idea what the hell is going on.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I've been all about him raising wisdom so far, but at this point he's so far into the intelligence route that he's probably best just going all in. There's got to be an insanely overpowered unique skill for hitting 500 int.

I'm on board for anything though, suddenly wise Ji-han, him becoming super lucky and seeing how that changes his day to day life, really no wrong choices there. Putting points into HP wouldn't be a bad idea either after his reminder that he takes physical damage like a game character, may as well take advantage of that to have super high hp and take strong cuts from swords that would sever a normal person's limbs, for example.

One thing we haven't seen so far is him desperately fiddling with a menu while overwhelmed in a fight, I'm down for him getting his rear end kicked, tunneling with gnome to hide and just spamming a stat to come back out way stronger and win the fight.

You must really like this latest update then.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Jee-Han questions:

Is his Game a Korean MMO because:
It's his favorite genre
He's Korean
He's currently in Korea

The natural question follows: Would a theoretical American Jee-Han be a western RPG?
Would it be an MMO? Or would it be a more traditional Bioware style CRPG?
Or... would it be a Bethsoft game...?
The last one has the best implications IMO.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

There are other mangas with the story of "helped trapped in an MMO" where the main character basically was a micro transaction whore and either became super powerful with ton of cheat items("Overlord") or it becomes a major downside (one where the player used a cosmetic item to turn into a skeleton which causes issues )

Jeehan is already living in a micro transaction world where there is no check into how he is cheating by creating money out of nothing via the dungeons .

My interest lies more in the area of bugs and physics glitches and whatnot.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Oh, on the topic of abusing RPG mechanics etc.. I don't normally recommend or even read fanfic, doubly so Harry Potter fanfic.. but I read this one.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8096183/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Natural-20
Why? Because it involves the ultimate munchkin of munchkin D&D characters being stuck into the Harry Potter storyline and just metagaming the hell out of it.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

I feel like we havn't seen a lot of Sylph lately. Looking forward for her to being crucial to whatever plan Jee-han has.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we've never seen a lot of sylph. jee-han has barely used his other three elementals.

Oh right, I was thinking of Gnome.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

NowonSA posted:

maybe we'll see him actually get into physical combat

Looks like things are going that way.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Oooh, latest chapter seems like we're going somewhere interesting. :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

So the latest chapter keeps referring to "The King of Harlem" is that just some sort of typo/mis-translation and they're actually referring to what was previously referred to as The Harem King. Or did some guy from NYC suddenly turn up?