Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Einander posted:

As I said to a friend, I'm really hoping he's wrong and the ??? is the result of her having an ability that's incompatible with his imposed worldview. I want it to turn out that she's a huge fan of movies or soap operas or sci-fi books and has her own version of his world-warping ability. Movies don't have character levels!

No one else has character levels. Jee-Han interprets what he sees as levels, but that doesn't mean everyone else is unknowingly running off of a MMO system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well poo poo, I guess he is now invincible with that new passive skill. Manwha's over, people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

Did I just read fanfiction in assembly code?

I think he got the type of games confused, is all. The main character of this manwha became a video game character, rather than a pnp character with a creepy, creepy DM no one likes to talk about.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ahaha, oh lord. Hwan Sung-Gon is going to inhuman lengths to create a miracle. Meanwhile, Jee-Han gets halfway there just by grinding on some zombies followed by spamming his basic heal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That girl's stats are insane. I'm guessing her physical stats are roughly normal, but the rest are sky high and wildly disproportionate to her level.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm guessing that yunhon soul recovery normally carries some risks for the user, and certainly can't be spammed. Hwan Sung-Gong doesn't have any way of knowing that Jee-Han has a bizarre reality bending ability, or that he would gladly help if asked. Pretty much the only thing we know about Sung-Gong is that he doesn't trust people with his daughter. So, he is either going to try to get Jee-Han's aid via force or else continue with his original plan instead of trusting some random kid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm guessing that soul stones probably are either literally made of souls or made of spirits (like the zombies) but harder to make.

Yeah, but he can still spam the spell without soul stones and all it costs him is mp. Considering that he is going all-in with an int build, mp is not a serious concern for him any more. It certainly doesn't 'burn his soul', like the redhead does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I thought she was already a student at that school.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wonder when he will find the cash shop?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There was a direct reference to Vindictus earlier. He might be a video game character, but that probably means 'korean MMO', with everything that entails.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Customer service? In a korean MMO? That's just precious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I think Save/Quicksave would be the most powerful ability ever once he learns to use the game menu properly.

MMO's don't have quicksave.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I'm not convinced that his system is an MMO-based one. It reminds me more of Skyrim than anything else!

He enters instances and grinds. He can get titles and bonus stats through completing arbitrary undocumented actions. Crafting is terrible. The only way it could be more like a korean MMO is if there was a cash shop and numerous bugs which are never patched out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Squidster posted:

I think Villain Dude is contracting them to kill all the low-level mobs in the area, forcing the protagonist to fight tougher opponents. It forces him to level faster, so he can heal Villain Dude's daughter faster. Both VD and Kung Fu Bro are on the same wavelength here.

Nah, cleaners are basically assassins. They are being sent in to take care of Sung-Gong, presumably because he has made lots of enemies in his quest for a miracle. He doesn't have the time or energy to deal with large numbers of people, so he subcontracted the task out. The problem is, Sung-Gong seems weirdly uninterested in Jee-Han. So, these two weren't told that he isn't a threat and that they should leave him alone.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I remember one manga that had like 4 different versions of a chapter available eventually. Only, every single one of those versions was the april fool's chapter. Replacements kept getting uploaded, but for some reason it was never the real one and this continued long after april 1st.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Demicol posted:

For those curious or too lazy to look it up: Million Won is 947$

So the offer wasn't quite as extravagant as it seemed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sae-Young is probably being encouraged to spend time with him, but the flirtation is all her. An overt seduction isn't really necessary given that Jee-Han is already close to their clan. They want him to formally join, but they don't have to try to trick him. The abyss is dangerous, Jee-Han is in more danger alone and there are a lot of benefits to joining.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Remember, this has always primarily been a comedy. It is entirely possible that the mom's deep dark secret is something completely innocuous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She is a level 99 korean soap opera enthusiast.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is also the group who does big order, who had these sabotaged versions of their releases for the manga reader sites. As far as I know, those are still up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Probably just use different translations based on the context, no?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This is a fan translation. It doesn't need to fully localize everything. I have higher expectations of professionals, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hey, lil baby anime. Any chance you can close the thread until this retarded slap fight is out of people's systems?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Jee-Han doesn't automatically destroy every book he touches. He gets a prompt, with a help message if there are any negative effects.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It seems like Sung Gong is Jee Han's ideal build.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even though he learned it via his gamer ability, that was very much not a game skill. All of his other magic was self-taught, and the chundomoon seem to be exclusively ki-based so they can't teach him magic. I don't think that grinding out skills is enough to be a real mage in the abyss.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sincx posted:

Is mom the Existence Eater?

No. She isn't a dropout repeatedly attempting a civil service exam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Observe and monster drops are his only really unique skills. It seems like everything else he can do would be attainable by others albeit with much more difficulty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The dark gamer plays the same awful korean grindfest mmo's, only as a whale. Thus, he starts with the ability to convert money into physical power but never gets observe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Eh, it isn't like threads are a finite resource.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you like the Gamer, try reading Moonlight Sculptor sometime. It is about a vr game that is so advanced that it is essentially magic and a relentless powergamer's efforts to rise to the top and make real money selling game items.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZerodotJander posted:

I think it makes more sense to convert this thread into general "This story happens in a video game" manga/LN discussion.

If you think that subject warrants a thread, make a thread. Oh no, it might die from inactivity. The horror.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
As Id demonstrated, even a squishy dnd style wizard could stand to learn a few martial arts movement skills.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
For people other than Jee-Han, allocatable stat points really are a rare and incredible prize. All of the martial artists can train their physiques, but I'm guessing that the wizard types instead develop what would be their skill masteries in game terms. In other words, there is no mundane way to increase luck. Wisdom is probably usually developed via life experiences, so it can't really be raised deliberately but will increase for many people over the course of their lives. Int, I'm not so sure about. Even so much as defining intelligence is rather hard. Getting more intelligent is exceedingly difficult, but since Jee-Han gained bonus int from studying it is probably just book smarts here. The skills of real wizards probably aren't dependent on intelligence at all.

I guess what it comes down to is that I want to see the detailed stats of the entire cast of characters. But really, the rules of this setting are whatever makes for a good joke first and whatever the narrative requires as a distant second.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also, assuming that luck actually exists away from Jee-Han who is to say that it doesn't fluctuate?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I think that the one thing we can safely say about the will of the universe here is that it has a sense of humor and finds Jee-Han amusing. After all, who do you think came up with the item descriptions for those monster drops?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Really though, the whole secret thing is just to establish a real world setting which also has magic out the rear end. This manwha is and likely always will be a comedy, so you probably shouldn't overthink it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He would need to grind his curse-removal skill first.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He knows how to form mana into shapes. So, he essentially uses it as a gun, lasso and shield. As we've seen so many times from abilities he learned elsewhere, mana is much, much more versatile and powerful than that. Even the most basic summoning manual is turning out to be incredibly complex, what with that initial pact ritual and his weird earth giant dreams.

Also, he needs to form pacts with other elements so he can grind two elemental summon skills at once. His passive regen is much higher than his upkeep costs for just the shield and gnome, so he could be grinding even more all day every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dan7el posted:

Yeah, but isn't the purpose of injuring himself to get his physical damage resistance up? I want to see where he gets shot and the bullet wound only leaves a small black and blue mark.

I keep expecting his wisdom to go up on its own as he continues to multi-task his grinding.

I understand the need to show that this guy had to grind, as a gamer, his abilities, but he's been basically grinding now for like 20 chapters. We had a date with a girl, some almost-plot thing happened, and his mom moved away. Otherwise, he's been grinding forever.

Maybe it's time for some more almost-plot stuff?

The physical resistance skill was just a nice surprise. The chapter clearly stated that he was hurting himself to grind his heal spell.

I like how Gnome is actually completely impassive at all times like you would expect a low level earth elemental to be, but because the one facial expression it has is a smile it seems like it is really into all this grinding.