Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Those loving extra pages, all of that was great. Now I just want to imagine this series in that different videogame genres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe skill books are made of dead people.

Alternatively, keeping in line with what's already been suggested, maybe they had those skill books on them at the time.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Has it been established that if someone dies in an Illusion Barrier, their corpse shows up in the real world again? I'm kind of foggy on the exact details.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wonder if he's going to end up failing his mom's quest. Some random encounter or Illusion Barrier shows up.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Run towards a dude with a spinning triple layered mana shield (with arrows/points on the shields)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

GoatLord posted:

So am I the only one thinking that he just failed his mom's quest to get home on time?
I've more or less been anticipating it since the quest and its failure were first mentioned.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
He gets KOed after trying to summon an ID barrier that's too high of a level, and right before he dies, a prompt comes up

System Admin posted:

Would you like to purchase an Auto Revive for $50.00?
>Yes
No

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wonder if Gaia will patch the world every now and then and if he'll get patch notes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If this is a true MMO, we will see expansions with power/level creep.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Wow, that chapter had some interesting developments! Can't wait to see how this stuff expands.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If only Jee-Han had the Str to equip them, he could farm multiple ones and stack all the MP regen effects.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Demicol posted:

I would assume you would have to have them actually "equipped" for that to work and I can't possibly see anyone using more then two at once.
What if it's like Dark Souls and putting it on your back will still get you the passive?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The real question is what are the bonuses from that title?

Also, that UFO is cool. It makes me want to buy stuff from the Abyss Auction.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Brought To You By posted:

Eventually he's going to run into a problem that his level of magic can't solve, and not have someone to swoop in and gank his aggressor. Then he'll wish he leveled up his "Run like the dickens" skill.
Clearly he must get to a higher level of magic :pseudo:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
She clads our protagonist in a giant behemoth of rock armor, and she's just sitting on his shoulder going all :haw:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wonder if he can pocket those curses he pulls out

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Buy a cursed item for cheap, remove the curse, resell at a higher price. It's ingenious.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Instead of playing MMO's, the Dark Gamer only plays FPSes

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Shugojin posted:

The Dark Gamer actually pays for free-to-play games.
He pays real money to get the premium support skills in the manhwa to beat Jee Han.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, that was a pretty interesting read, and there are some funky mechanics that the protagonist has access to. He's basically a Blue Mage that doesn't need to be hit with abilities to learn them. He just eats them and gets them! That's pretty crazy. The rank up thing is cool, too. I imagine he'd go down the Vampire route, but who knows.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The MMO of Life only has hardcore mode. No multiple lives. You can reincarnate if you have the karma points, I guess.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
For Re:Monster, I think that's just part of how the story works out due to the character's background. He's already lived a life as an extremely powerful character and he was reborn with all his knowledge/memories in tact, and to me, a lot of these current chapters feel like they're mainly just blazing through the early grinding bits to get to the more interesting content, like you would in an MMO you're already familiar with.

I like to think of it as an analog to when you're playing an MMO and a new patch/expansion/version/whatever causes a character wipe. You have to start over from level 1 again, but you aren't new to the game. You know some of the general mechanics, what's a good way to build your character, good grinding spots, and so on. Plus, more often than not, you're just going to try to speed grind your character up to the point where they can start going into some of the new content. Maybe you'll play around with a new build, maybe not, but you usually just want to get those early levels out of the way as soon as possible.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Willias posted:

Dude works on RPG rules. Also all of his skills require vocalization to work. Watch him run into another mage that can cast a silencing spell.
He'll have a stack of x999 Echo Herbs in his inventory.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Does he even have a text box to type stuff into

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
How else will he get Necromancer teleport if he doesn't find a way to eventually win his teacher's heart?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What if there's a blood MP skill, where he can opt to use HP instead of MP, but then he can also stack HP regen or use Yuhon recovery on himself? Then he can throw around MP/HP all over the place!

He should also learn MP drain skills. MP all the time.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's cool, Gnome's got rocks.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Climb a golem and set off a mana nuke on its head. Can't dodge if you can't run!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Fashion Souls is always a priority.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Should've checked the masks for any auxiliary mana/magic buffs, though.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ice Phisherman posted:

Would have had to illustrate the faces. A normal PC would have stripped off every piece of clothing right down to the indestructible ogre skin underwear and the copper wiring out of their houses, but drawing a dozen identical masks is easier than drawing a dozen different faces.
Maybe he should be able to observe the equipment even if it's equipped :colbert:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Poor Australia, South America, Africa, and Antarctica.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What if there's a character in the Abyss that can respec people? That seems plausible. Either that or a rare relic/shrine/etc that does the same.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Nah, I don't mean literally only respeccing stat points, but things like how people might have an affinity towards some ability, or like how the Chunbu Moon guys can't cross the chi streams and only pick up that one type of chi channeling.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Well now you've got me hoping that the President comes in a giant mech, yelling at Richard.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I love detect bloodlust.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I bet the insane god that gets spawned drops some sick loot. Better get on it, Jee Han.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Also Gnome holes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's cool that Jee Han is basically training up the Class President so that if she ends up in the Great Labyrinth again, she can solo it to the level 1 exit warp. No need to worry about Jee Han not being there to save her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, surprised that it wasn't a permadeath/wasn't a dream (presumably). But if the creator of the labyrinth is after mind energy, I guess it's to that person's benefit to keep the victims alive so they can keep coming back to be harvested again and again.