Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
I think he's just realizing he might be getting into something a lot bigger than he initially expected, and that the consequences are very real despite seeming like a big video game. I'm interested to see whats up with his mom. I almost hope he just asks her and she explains it nonchalantly, no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

I think the kicker is that the only thing that really gives him an edge is being able to see some of the underlying mechanics on which the world seems to operate. Everything else is stuff that other people could totally do, and in many cases they would definitely do it better, if they were on equal ground. I wouldn't be surprised if an actual proper antagonist had an equally viable infinite loop using stuff that Jeehan doesn't have, or just straight up better than what he's using, but had to work really loving hard to figure out that it was doable, how it would work and even that it was a perfectly sustainable loop in the first place. Without knowing the numbers going on under the hood, there's no real easy way to figure it out and that's where Jeehan's sheer bullshit lies. He has that information and can shortcut so much of the hard work and effort that anyone else would have to put in to even come close.

All that said, I can't wait for him to fight someone who just immediately throws out some kind of sleeping gas and it knocks him right out on the spot. He's getting a wee bit too cocky now that he's figured out his infinite MP trick, and the thing with the shield not stopping gasses is implying that's going to be important at some point.

I don't think the world works this way for anyone else. Sure he can see the numbers, but he also gets straight up stat points he can use however he wants, regardless of what skills he uses to level. Also how he mentions he doesn't feel prolonged pain or tiredness anymore, his HP just goes down and then he feels fine. He'll be able to grind his physical ability pretty crazy fast now, especially if his heal can be used to speed up his recovery.

I want to see what the other elementals are going to be.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
I think if that book had any useful information he could actually apply, he'd have gotten a prompt. If its just theories and fundamentals of magic, I don't see that being terribly useful to him since he breaks all the normal rules anyway. The most it could do for him would be give him ideas of how to use his mana manipulation, but without teaching him HOW to do it.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
He just needs more skills at this point. Levels are great for getting more stat-based skills, but since he can pretty much infinity grind any skills he picks up with his hyperbolic time chamber dungeons, he just needs more skills to level. Other people get this powerful by training for decades, he's been at this how long? A few months, if that? He still has entire parts of the "game" he hasn't touched yet, like the crafting that got hinted at when he was bashing zombies. Maybe he can grind crafting skills and make a set of normal looking clothes that give him 99% resistances to everything. It's always about the grind.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Didn't he learn dual casting? I want to see him double up on mana arrows and become a walking bullet hose. That being said, he really needs to learn some new nukes, and some cc/status effect spells. I was hoping Loli-witch would have taught him a more rounded set of magic by now.