Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My condolences, but at least $35 ain't poo poo compared to tiny plastic men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Manchild? I would prefer the term personchild thank you.

A flower for you, m'possum.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 6, 2015

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

krushgroove posted:

One of the senior artists for GW (Jes Goodwin, designer of the Mechanicum, Skitarii, Dark Eldar, Eldar and loads of other stuff) commented to me that he didn't like that artist's credits were removed from the recent books, and I presume that the more senior members of the writing team will tend to feel the same. The new Forge World catalog has no more artists mentioned, either, so you won't actually know who sculpted or designed what in the future. I think it'd be pretty easy to sculpt, design or write in a subtle 'gently caress you' for only that person to see, but the way everything seems to be done is a closed room of staff members that check and double-check each other's work, so it would have to be a very subtle message.

Arguement against GW having good internal oversight: the name seraphon as one of the core armies.

Second arguement: the terrible rules writing and inconsistencies, internal and comparative, between codexes. Cruddace and his stink are still present and the lack of writer credit has certainly not improved quality.

The removal of artist names for models might be because CAD work done by interns (or the bosses kid) is indistinguishable from greenstuff sculpting according to GW management.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The last few pages is why the 30k thread was gassed and by now you should be ready to admit it

God loving drat, are you trying to be an embarrassing caricature or do you live it?

Everyone is equally awful here as far as I'm concerned. If you got a problem with that then I cant really help you.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Goddamnit people stop being assholes and go back to making GBS threads on GW. I'll cut you I will, sware me mum

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Skellybones posted:

Kill la kill your'reself, idiot

Chill la chill instead, friend.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I was actually agreeing with you Arivia but trying and failing to be funny, like I usually do :smith:. You guys are running this whole thing with her into the ground tripping over yourselves to fight not so much against what she said but the straw man you've built up.

Also this is pretty gross. But I think thats being unfair to 2012.

Tiny toy men are wannabe Veblen goods? It's not unique to GW, unfortunately. Before Grogs got gassed I posted a rant from a different minis game where a dude got jumped on for asking for the cheapest way to get started and got told if he wasn't going to go in whole hog he shouldn't even bother and to stay away, that the hobby was only for people like him with the money and dedication.

No, the prevailing theory in this thread is that we consider them Giffen goods. :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hey everyone forums terrorist here just closing this thread because it'll piss you all off thanks and god bless.

• Locked thread