Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wait... Did you just call me C-Czar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
HAHA THANK YOU VERY MUCH I AM BOBBY BOTTLE SERVICE HOW MAY I TO DO SO I MAY HELP YOU HAH AHA

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

soggybagel posted:

HAHA THANK YOU VERY MUCH I AM BOBBY BOTTLE SERVICE HOW MAY I TO DO SO I MAY HELP YOU HAH AHA

May I offer you a necklace mint?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

May I offer you a necklace mint?

excuse me are you 9/11? cause I could never forget you

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I just caught onto Broad City, holy crap it's incredible. Really great writing and acting and guest stars all around, so it's really saying something when I say Hannibal Buress manages to stand out among everyone else. He's just sublime.

I haven't watched Workaholics, so if that's even a little bit similar I guess I gotta get on that, too.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Holyshoot posted:

excuse me are you 9/11? cause I could never forget you

Who the hell is UBER!?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

I just caught onto Broad City, holy crap it's incredible. Really great writing and acting and guest stars all around, so it's really saying something when I say Hannibal Buress manages to stand out among everyone else. He's just sublime.

I haven't watched Workaholics, so if that's even a little bit similar I guess I gotta get on that, too.

Broad city has really eclipsed workaholics this year. I'm not going to discourage you from going back and watching the show, but they really seemed to move firmly into a frat/bro humor niche that just didn't seem as funny to me this year. I'm hoping that broad city can stay on its game and keep the humor character driven.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Weltlich posted:

they really seemed to move firmly into a frat/bro humor niche

to be fair workaholics has pretty much always been based around that type of humor, just at a higher level of quality than last season :/

broad city's first season was great. does it come back soon? the New York realtor lady w/the smartcar or whatever is one of my favorite side-characters ever.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thathonkey posted:

broad city's first season was great. does it come back soon? the New York realtor lady w/the smartcar or whatever is one of my favorite side-characters ever.
Amy Pohler did announce on a late-night talk show that it got renewed for a second season shortly before or shortly after the first season ended, so it's definitely coming back- the question is when. Hopefully soon.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I believe it's slated to be back in January.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Weltlich posted:

I believe it's slated to be back in January.
Over the past couple of years it feels like January has been the best time for returning TV shows. It looks like it's gearing up to be no different in 2015.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

thathonkey posted:

Almost anything Amy Sedaris stars in turns to gold, I just wish she had more work after Strangers with Candy. Also Broad City is dong more webisodes between now and January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRMeydnlzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX5-o9EozhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlx-w7msP8

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Workaholics has a different sensibility, but the first two seasons are really funny, imo. The quality takes a turn on season 3/4, unfortunately.

I would definitely recommend checking out Broad City's original shorts on YouTube as well, there are some gems in the writing and it's nice to see the subtlety they originally used in portraying their characters.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Does Workaholics come back? I think CC's going to market Broad City differently now that it's taken off.

I'm not super into the shorts. I really liked all the episodes (except maybe the NYC/Cell phone episode) but the show finds a better balance to them (and referential humor) than the shorts or the web series. I feel like I wouldn't be into the live show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

No. 9 posted:

I really liked all the episodes (except maybe the NYC/Cell phone episode)

The ending of that episode is great though. The video the girl made and Illana's burner dick phone always makes me laugh.

• Locked thread