Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
I loved noticing in the OP Danica finished 27th in points after running all 36 races while Stewart finished only two spots behind her in 29th and ran in only 21 races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

So, wait. Let me make sure I have this correct.

Danica Patrick, despite all the hype and flimflammery and enormous amounts of attention the media pays to her, cameos in racing games, all that bullshit--she has NEVER won a race?

Well, she won an IRL fuel mileage race in Japan that most of the field didn't show up for.

elmono311 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 24, 2014

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

In as Brian France's coke addiction.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

I can't believe it. They did it. :ughh:

In honor of this horrible decision, I changed my fantasy NASCAR name to The Chase Grid

bigbillystyle posted:

I really hope whoever wins the Daytona 500 does the bare minimum to stay in the top 30 in points then somehow wins the championship. Where is the reward for consistency? We all want wins to matter more but where is the reward for being like 5th in points all year? If I understand this correctly you could be high up in the points with no wins and if 16 drivers have wins, though highly unlikely, the guy in 5th would be out?

Trevor Bayne: Cup Champion!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

ThatCguy posted:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...el-shelton.html

Credit where credit's due, the new truck bodies do look pretty good.

We all said that for the new Cup bodies, too.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Daytona 500 entry list is out. The most important thing? We gotta root for Reed Sorenson so kids can eat free.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

This was a good race. Way to get our hopes up, NASCAR.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress. So not looking forward to DW's massive hard on for Dillon during the entire Daytona 500.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

This, and then the last restart ends exactly as I predicted it would, with Matt Kenseth in first and the entire field single-file behind them as a yellow flies off of two for a single-car spinning down off the track and not hitting anything.

You forgot about, before that caution, Biffle in second-place forcing Junior to make a futile move all by himself because Biffle is a loving idiot.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

I hate that poo poo they do with the Duels every god drat year where they make it seem like drivers are in danger of not making it into the 500. "Oh, no, Kyle Busch is not in a transfer spot! He's in danger of not making the 500!" No, gently caress you! He has a provisional, you morons! Annoys the poo poo out of me because they don't just straight out say he's in the race no matter what. I know they explained once or twice during the Duels but they kept on making it like it was a big deal despite that.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Dale's so happy :unsmith:

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Harvick bitch!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

shyduck posted:

Has anybody else noticed how awesome Junior has been with Twitter so far? He's just completely embracing it, it actually feels personal and not some PR channel, and it's awesome.

That's so weird. My wife and I were just discussing how well Junior has been doing with Twitter. It's quite impressive how easily he got into it.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I wonder if DW is gonna lug around that toilet paper for the rest of the day.

He doesn't already lug around toilet paper?

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

That can be fixed with a five dollar piece of plastic on a hinge to cover the switch. Weird races are the best races.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

I'll throw this on here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-nascar-moving-toward-horsepower-reduction-in-15-032214?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:NASCARonFOX

If the tire changes mean they'll actually wear out like they used to, then I'll accept a decrease in horsepower.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Sinus infection... or is he freaking out about his wreck here last year?

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

gently caress this race.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

HA HA HA HA!!! gently caress YEAH!!! gently caress YOU JOHNSON!!!

All it took was me leaving IRC

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

WTF Goodyear?!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Welp, Kyle just won this race since he's awesome in the first three laps of a restart.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Of all the loving drivers, Kyle loving Busch? gently caress this race.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

KURT MOTHER loving BUSCH!!!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

This year has been pretty great with racing so far. Can't say the same with some of the winners, though.

gently caress. Did I just ruin everything?

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

I watched the replay and love the gif. Very awesome, SRA, very awesome.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Looks like Johnson's brother-in-law died today. As much as I hate him, I feel bad for him and his family. So this means he'll rip off four wins in a row as tribute.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

NASCAR is so sick and tired of drivers bitching about Goodyear they're just telling the teams to do whatever the gently caress they want with the tires.

Jayski posted:

NASCAR puts pressure of preserving tires on teams: NASCAR will not regulate tire pressures at Texas Motor Speedway, and if drivers have tire failures during Sunday's race officials believe they won't be able to blame Goodyear. Hoping to give more control over setups and strategy to race teams, NASCAR is refusing to get involved in monitoring whether teams choose to follow recommendations set each week by Goodyear. There were multiple tire issues at California two weeks ago, and many drivers tried to blame the product Goodyear brought to the track. NASCAR insisted the issues were self-inflicted and a product of teams going far beyond the air pressure limits recommended by the manufacturer. With a handful of drivers predicting similar problems this weekend at Texas, NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said each team controls its own fate. "We want to be open enough to give the teams opportunity to adjust and have different setups out there and be more aggressive or less aggressive whenever they sit fit," Pemberton said Thursday. "We want the teams to be able to push the limit, and that's what we expect out of them. If a guy has a tire issue that is self-inflicted and gets out of the car and blames Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co., that's a bad deal. That basically is what some of them tried to do at California." Goodyear each week presents teams minimum pounds per square inch pressure recommendations based on both testing and data from previous tires. NASCAR has maintained the majority of failures at California occurred when teams decided to go below the recommended pressure. Goodyear this week presented teams a chart of recommended inflation pressures and times before a possible failure based on testing data. Pemberton said it is up to the teams to walk the fine line of pushing the limits Goodyear gives them in an effort to rise in what's shaping up to be a very competitive season.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Man. I love races affected by rain. Something weird always happens. Like the jet dryers tearing hoods off the cars.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Junior, you dumb rear end.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Good job loving up Johnson's car, though, Junior.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Bhester posted:

Blown engine for Harvick. If things don't improve soon he may get the award for farthest back in points to make the chase.

If he's not outside the top 30.

Ha ha, gently caress you Johnson and your tire.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

A caution for that? What the gently caress, NASCAR?

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Not disappointed with the winner. I was rooting for Gordon but Logano still showing Gibbs he should have been a little more patient with him.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Nah. Logano was in an environment where he couldn't thrive at Gibbs. Not that that's any of JGR's fault, but sometimes team situations don't work out to the extent that nothing productive can really be accomplished anymore, and a wholesale change of scenery is the best thing for the both the driver and the team. See also: Larson in the 42, Bowyer who was utterly unremarkable until he went to MWR, Harvick to SHR etc etc

I'd have to argue about Harvick with SHR, especially since it's only been 7 races for him so the jury's still out on that (even though we all know he'd be a multi-race winner already if it weren't for his screwball mechanical problems). As for Logano, he was just simply brought up way too early due to Stewart leaving JGR earlier than expected.

elmono311 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 7, 2014

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, NASCAR will take DW behind the shed and beat him. He'll be back to normal this weekend.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

HARVICK BITCH!

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

mearn posted:

Do you think we should have a caption contest

"Hey, Townley!"

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

That moment with the Dogecoin car on pit road was worth every race this season.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

gently caress this race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

gently caress YES GORDON! CBJ can hold off suicide!

• Locked thread