Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Why is there a fanfic about Harry Gant? (Yes please do it right here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Whoever wins, we all lose.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So whoever wins the title is the best-finishing driver in one race. That is some premiere bullshit.

Fix the goddamn cars first. It's like if someone breaks a leg and then goes to the doctor, but the doctor gives him a cast for his arm instead. :nascarlogic:

Jenna Fryer posted:

Confirmed: Under this format, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would have won the 2013 Sprint Cup title.

Now I understand.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 30, 2014

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://luvender.com/flappydale/

you're welcome, Nascar thread.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
SRA can watch the race with us tomorrow.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Who wants to bet that Austin Dillon gets the pole tomorrow? With the NASCAR-supplied restrictor plates, I'm betting that it'll happen. Same happened to Danica.

Good storylines trump fair and equal competition, especially when the sport is struggling with a shrinking fanbase.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I don't mind Austin Dillon. I just know NASCAR will do everything they can to capitalize on the popularity of his number.

I mean, goddamn:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That was definitely all Kenseth.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Fantastic. The avatar the forum needs.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Welp, if you aint watchin practice, you should be.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think Mike Joy is just getting senile in his old age. He was yelling about contact between two cars when they didn't even touch each other.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Bill Webber is just waiting for his comeback.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Joe Nemechek is gonna need more than just a body to repair that car.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
We have no one to hold on to during this embarrassment of auto racing except ourselves. The physical and mental ailments derived from watching NASCAR are shared between us.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Just wait until we get to a downforce track and we'll see how much ya'll really like nascar again :shepicide:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

are they still running the rear spoilers that are so high that the top needs to be clear to prevent it from blocking the rear window

You better believe it.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The Nationwide Series couldn't even get through the 2nd weekend with a full field of cars.

The end is nigh if things don't change.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think watching NASCAR is taking years off of my life. I'd be more healthy smoking a pack a day.

Edit: Also, I think it's only a matter of time before we see DW croak live on television.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Tony didn't even grab a cheek. He went straight for the crack.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Pussy bound and down,
loaded up and fuckin'

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Meanwhile, Adam Petty is waiting for a joke about him. His short career is wide open for humor.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

I was gonna make a Hamlin joke, but I'm just gonna back out of this.

I bet it was going to be a real spine-tingler.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well the ARCA race is on Saturday, so you might be okay.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
How many new fans are we talking about? A couple thousand? The Doge car ran Talladega and that had the lowest viewership since like 1997. An internet-funded car will only cause a minor spike in the number of audience members, but that will only last a couple of races before they realize how complete dogshit (pun intended) the racing product is. And so the great demise of the NASCAR Reich continues.

I also want to see the sport burn and collapse on itself though, and all the diehard fans whine and complain, so I might be biased.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's NASCAR. Consistent rule enforcement is like quality racing, or Tony Stewart's exercise regiment; it doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No. This race could have cured insomnia. But you should watch the F1 race.

• Locked thread