Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Dudley posted:

So basically, this is now a sim?

Is THAT where they got the idea of the F1 Kart racing game from? And is that supposed to be Carl Edwards on the far left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

wooo

I don't quite understand why NASCAR has yet to consider maybe making these drastic changes to their lower series to see if they work there first.

Would Nationwide ever reach 16 (or even 10) eligible winners?

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
ARCA's reporting that 4 cars had their times disallowed, and that SRA got disqualified for "a mechanical lowering device".

SRA's car isn't even showing on the starting grid.

http://www.arcaracing.com/news.php?contentid=17230

And, this just got tweeted:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 1m
Yikes! 4 #ARCA cars had their times thrown out. Spencer Gallagher disqualified for a mechanical lowering device. #FreeSpencer

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

When did America change its anthem? That was truly awful.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

OR IS THERE!!!!

(I hate not having photoshop, goddamn)
http://tindeck.com/listen/sgar

Dale Jr looks so incredibly happy.

Also, yay podcast!

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Or just get some Skittles Confused? and you'll never know what you're getting. Please note the UK skittles apparently has Lime in them and not Green Apple.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Not one to break away from all the important Skittles talk, but I just noticed an article on AutosportRacer referring to the fact they they are looking into "limiting the number of second- and third-tier races that Sprint Cup drivers can participate in."

http://www.racer.com/index.php/nascar/89-camping-world-truck/101408-nascar-looking-at-series-eligibility

I would be pleased if it did happen, but I guess a lot of people tune in to watch Busch win every sodding week?

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
When I started watching this race earlier, the channel I was watching it on started the race late, and was showing it delayed, about 30 laps or so behind. I didn't even notice that, during an ad break, they skipped forward these 30 laps to join the live stream. That's how terrible I felt the race was. I didn't even notice they skipped over 30 laps.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

So Dale just tweeted that he has all these old NASCAR races on DVD at his house, and this his racing idol (outside of his dad) is Jimmy "Smut" Means.

Again, who here drives the 88?

He was just being polite and responding to your questions!

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I was skeptical about the fanschoice.tv thing NASCAR/Fox put together for the weekly tracks/AMA, but it's making it's debut this weekend, and it's pretty good so far. If you want to see short-track racing, give it a shot and if you don't, then gently caress YOU

E: Here's the lineup just for today. I'll be curious to see what else becomes available once the season is in full swing.
http://www.fanschoice.tv/schedule

I will note that this isn't US-only: it works perfectly fine for me.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Dale Jr said on Twitter that it was more about getting a good pit stall than track position for super speedways.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Did all the cars in front of him park with a lap to go? Does this game have a mark martin simulator?

From the looks of it, two of the cars that stopped on the last lap in the pits ended up finishing infront of him anyway.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

LASTCAR posted:

This whole deal feels weird to me. Moffitt only has three starts between Nationwide and Trucks, and Dover's an unforgiving track even for veterans. I know Moffitt's a development driver for MWR, but I don't know why he's earned this opportunity. He could just as easily run the Nationwide or Truck race this weekend to get more experience.

I thought at first Moffitt was a pay driver, but they're running the same Land Castle Title colors Nemechek's used all season. This could mean he's just going to run one of Nemechek's cars, but somehow that makes even less sense.

Either way, he's in the show - 43 cars for 43 spots.

Nemechek merged his team with Jay Robinson Racing after Robinson's America-Israel Racing closed shop, and ever since then, I've had a hard time figuring out who is actually pulling the strings at NEMCO. Nemechek's been an owner-driver for years, but I don't know why he's listed Robinson as the owner. Nemechek's hardly run the 87 this year, and the technical alliance with MWR sure isn't making his 66 cars any faster. And now this Moffitt kid is just going to jump in his car.

I'm probably missing something, but on paper it doesn't seem like Nemechek's getting any benefit out of this arrangement.

I see this as an opportunity for SRA to work his way into a Cup drive...

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Just like how WTCC is euronized nascar horseshit?

Nah, the euronized nascar horseshit is the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, which has such revelations as:

http://www.nascarwheleneuroseries.com/2014/05/16/tours-speedway-ready-to-make-history-again-with-second-banking/

Banking!

Whenever I've seen the Whelen on TV, they're always been racing around bollards in a car park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Europe is the greatest country in the world :colbert:

I concur.

• Locked thread