Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

So, what you're saying is a "gearbox of tomorrow" with a single set of mandated ratios for all competitors that doesn't change based on the track? Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...el-shelton.html

Credit where credit's due, the new truck bodies do look pretty good.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

keevo posted:

I wish the WWE would sponsor a race. That seems like it'd be fun.

or tna lol

Friendly reminder that Hermie Sadler handled the booking at TNA's house shows for a number of years.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
So..what does a "mechanical lowering device" look like on a stock car anyway?

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

I don't mind Austin Dillon. I just know NASCAR will do everything they can to capitalize on the popularity of his number.

I mean, goddamn:

You'd think a picture of Dale in the wall would have Ken Schrader flailing around somewhere in there.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

Who blew up, I had to switch it off.

Our favorite driver.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
Chase Elliot?

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Look closer at the hat.

Also, in the bullshit category:

Sweet Jesus, Jolo or another one?

Edit: Duh. ASA.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
You know what, at this point, not even going to lie. I'm an unironic Danica fan. If we're going to spiral this shitstorm of a series into the ground, I want her to be front and center on it. This is great.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
Trucks bumped up to 7pm instead of 730 for anyone DVRing it..

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

mearn posted:

This week's installment of my favorite Truck series storyline:

(I can't wait to see how the writers work Mike Harmon into this)

In fairness to the guy, it's not like he's ever had to put fuel into her truck during a race before.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

elmono311 posted:

I'll throw this on here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-nascar-moving-toward-horsepower-reduction-in-15-032214?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:NASCARonFOX

If the tire changes mean they'll actually wear out like they used to, then I'll accept a decrease in horsepower.

Good call, reducing horsepower has certainly improved the racing in Nationwi..

Oh.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

BMB5150 posted:

I'd say it would help if it was new engines. Adding in a tapered spacer which I bet is the solution, yeah I don't know if that will help too much.

Tapered spacer was what they were talking about in the off season prior to Daytona. Given that they're talking about a "75 hp reduction", they're not building new motors. It's gonna be a half rear end solution like that.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Uncle Jam posted:

In 10 years its going to be these crazy V8s putting out 400 HP because they starve them of everything. Its so silly.

35hp electric "hybrid" helper motors by 2025 to compliment the 20% ethanol blend.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

SpitztheGreat posted:

I'm hard pressed to think of an example like Denny Hamlin's. A driver missing a race, at the last second, due to an illness is VERY rare. Injury is one thing, but typically they'll start the race if they're sick. I mean, most of us saw Stewart poo poo himself so that tells you how surprising this is. I just hope it's not anything more serious.

According to fox & crew, he was actually not cleared by doctors, so it doesn't seem like it was actually his choice.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
Turnkey Camping World Truck Chassis: $65k.

Hans Device: $800

Being in every Martinsville Truck series commercial for the next 5 years: Priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2033674580001?bckey=AQ~~,AAABhoRWB6E~,ZDbvWmt9qUdMhw6nZpuKT1dS8wBM5AtL&bctid=3437762733001

Face of the sport, 2014. Right there y'all.

• Locked thread