Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
So I screwed up and played the NASCAR video game and the career mode is terrible, but an excellent LASTCAR simulator. Even if you qualify well, during the race your car is hilariously underpowered, dropping positions left and right before the first turn.

And oh boy what a first turn. Even on easy difficulty cars are going double file, faster than you, and with a half car gap between them. If you don't wreck you will fall into the 35th-40th position and then you can work your way back up, among equally powerful rides like #87 Nemechek and #51 Smith.

And these guys fight tooth and nail for their back marker spots. Once again, on easy difficulty, a couple taps fighting for position will either wreck you or lose enough speed to drop positions.

So after squeaking past #07 Gordon and coming home in 37th place, I won 30000 credits. What can that buy? Jack and poo poo! The cheapest engine upgrade is 450000 credits, hot road course setups from Juan Pablo Montoya cost 100000, and new decals for a paint scheme you can't change until next season (50 events including one-off challenges) are out of budget.

My 8th race was in Kansas and I crushed it, qualifying 31st, finishing 20th, and wrecked Danica. I jumped from 43rd in the standings to 38th. I can almost afford a car part upgrade :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread