Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I like this system, as I'm a huge fan of roller derby and this system could bring in some real roller derby moments for NASCAR. Picture this: 5 Laps to go at New Hampshire II and JR still doesn't have a win. All of a sudden, Jimmiebot, Gordon, and Kasey go three wide and flat out. They bump all the cars on the lead lap out of the way (not violating the 100% rule because they are going for it) and then they wipe each other out in the last corner and Dale gets the win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have decided that I like the new system. I don't usually watch any of the races once the footballs starts anway. I may be tempted to actually tune in to the last few races just to see all the carnage on the track as drivers punt other cars since they can't pass due to stupid Aero.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
SRA is l33t haxxor? Say it isn't so!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
What channel and what time do I get to see SRA win Daytona?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

If you've ever wanted to know what an actual puppet dancing on actual strings looks like, look no further than Ron Drager's performance when Chase's car was found to be 3/8ths low both at the height sticks on pit road and in the tech garage.

I admit that I ran in stock class with JDM lightweight bumper beams in rallycross last year.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm predicting Debris caution on lap 37.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Slickdrac posted:

Why do they keep making the tires harder and harder? That's just murdering the grip, and making it so they don't ever wear (because they aren't gripping at all).

It's embarrassing for the manufacturer (when there is only one supplier) to have their tires blow up.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I like the new chase. Everyone is taking crazy chances to make a playoff that I never watch because it's Football season. Seems like win/win to me.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Peanut President posted:

I didn't watch the race I assume that he finished dead last just like his dad.

:drat:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So the ratings this year have been downright terrible. Jayski:

quote:

The 2014 Sprint Cup season has not gotten off to a great start on FOX. Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Kobalt Tools 400 from Las Vegas drew a 4.1 overnight rating on FOX, down 11% from last year (4.6), down 23% from 2012 (5.3), and tied with 2010 as the lowest overnight ever for the race since it moved to FOX in 2001. Overnights have declined for the first three Sprint Cup telecasts this season. The numbers have not just declined, but in fact have hit historic lows. Final ratings for the Daytona 500 were the lowest ever, and the final rating for Phoenix was the lowest for the second race of the season since FOX acquired rights

I blame DW.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Lastcar: Trolling the NASCAR scenes to an amazing new level.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Goodyear announced the new tire for the rest of the season. Here is a picture of it.

Also

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 24m
Pemberton says NASCAR official's uniform got stuck in the fence and he couldn't move. That's why pit road light switch wasn't flipped

daslog fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 24, 2014

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would contribute to a kickstarter for SRA to do a start and park.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Let me sing you the song of my people

BRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

the fans are driven by sbc's. GG nascar green :ssh:

I saw your interview on TV during the Rain Delay. Very Energetic!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

LASTCAR posted:

"Veteran Spencer Gallagher"

Did SRA run it prior to 2013? And only 13 entries?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BMB5150 posted:

Tell me how Gordon is the points leader? Literally the top 5 in points crashed.

I hope this is trolling. Points only matter after wins are added up.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

CBJSprague24 posted:

Points leader after Richmond makes the Chase automatically with or without a win unless there are 16 winners, so it does matter.

So you are saying points matter, but only after the wins are added up?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

The only thing bad about the Doge Coin sponsorship is seeing you guys get your hopes up that it "will bring new fans to the sport." That wont happen. There is no appeal in the current product, delivery and packaging that would appeal to anyone that didn't grow up with memories Ken Squier and Neil Bonnett.

Nobody paying attention because of Doge Coin is sticking around long enough to immesh themselves into the world of pit scanners, shock setups and watching Greg Biffle impersonate a sandbag on the last lap.

It's a great marketing hook to get exposure to new fans. In order to reel them in, the product has to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Uncle Jam posted:

Once you gently caress up your back, it stays hosed for the rest of your life.

Don't gently caress up your back.

Late 30's is when poo poo starts to fall apart. These guys take a real beating every week, and it wouldn't surprise me if Gordon retires after this year.

• Locked thread