Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Schedule)

NASCAR’s premiere series is the Sprint Cup. This is the big leagues. Sprint Cup is host to 36 races and the biggest events on the schedule, such as the Daytona 500. Sprint Cup is also the land of the Chase for the Cup, a total crap idea of a championship system that doesn’t have any place in auto racing ever god drat it NASCAR. And this year, it gets even worse! The Top 10 drivers in points after 26 races earn a Chase spot, and the drivers with the most wins outside the top 10 (but within the top 20) will get the last 2 berths. The points are then reset by most wins, and the top 12 have at it until the season ends. A New Championship Format!!!

Drivers:

NASCAR Nationwide Series (Schedule)

The Nationwide Series (formerly the Busch Series) is NASCAR’s secondary series, where most Cup drivers pass through before they make full-time rounds in the big show. Nationwide is home to upcoming rookies, washed-up old-timers, and Cup drivers with nothing better to do on Saturday (who will invariably win most of the races). Fortunately, this year is looking to be different, with a talented crop of young drivers running the series full-time in search of a championsh- what? Kyle Busch is running most of the races? Never mind, then.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (Schedule)

The Truck Series is essentially a step down from Nationwide. They race trucks! It’s pretty swell. The racing also tends to be better than the Cup races on any given week (link Gale/Busch). Much like Nationwide, there will be plenty of Cup drivers bullying their way in to pick up wins, but less so here, but there will also be plenty of young drivers here too looking for a championship to kickstart their career.

ARCA Racing Series (Schedule)

ARCA is not a NASCAR series, but many drivers will pass through on their path of progression. However, given ARCA’s minor-minor-minor league status, the drivers tend to be... not as talented. This is especially evident at big tracks like Daytona (link wrecks). We’ll tune in here every now and then.

Stuff: (more later)

Click here for IRC

:siren: This is not the Indycar thread go to the Indycar thread if you have poo poo to say about Indycar!!!:siren:

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So, first, an announcement: I will be stepping down from running bingo. If anyone wants to take up the lead on that, feel free, but I'm done with it. Prizes and everything got to be too much to keep up with. I would suggest making a Bingo/SASCAR fantasy sports thread in TAQ that I can link in the OP.

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 23, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Personperson14 posted:

You got Justin Allgaier and James Buescher confused. Allgaier has like 8 truck starts.

I literally don't give a gently caress :cool:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

KIDC DO WE COUNT KIDC FOR STEPPING DOWN BINGO?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elitist Bitch posted:

Sorry to hear you won't be bingoing this year, kidc. I'd volunteer to step in, but I'm now going to school full time and working basically full time. It's definitely one thing I'll miss about the season.

...my driver retired, why am I coming back for seconds?

Well, your driver is Mark Martin, so nothing is certain, really.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wooo

I don't quite understand why NASCAR has yet to consider maybe making these drastic changes to their lower series to see if they work there first.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

If you watch NASCAR seriously for any other reason other than to see Stewart pad his legacy, you might as well just staple your balls to a gopher.

I'll have you know I'm watching in the futile hopes that Kevin Harvick will get the Championship he was robbed of, sir.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is Jayski hitting on Sam Hornish?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone seen SRA's new car?

Alamo makes for a drat good livery.

Good luck on Saturday bud!

I have not, please to post it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one, Fuzzy my boy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I also think the number type is too cartoony, so I'm biased against it to begin with. I liked the Truck look though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hate that I'm letting myself get excited for Daytona :mad:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

L_Harrison posted:

Who wants to bet that Austin Dillon gets the pole tomorrow? With the NASCAR-supplied restrictor plates, I'm betting that it'll happen. Same happened to Danica.

Good storylines trump fair and equal competition.

He's gonna win the 500 and it's gonna rule and also nascar's not fixed, just terrible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

L_Harrison posted:

I don't mind Austin Dillon. I just know NASCAR will do everything they can to capitalize on the popularity of his number.

I mean, goddamn:

If they want to make money it's not exactly a bad idea.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If there's anyone actively rooting against Aric Almirola they're a big ole ding dong.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Who blew up, I had to switch it off.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a thriller.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fuseshock posted:

It was awesome watching them master going 180 mph hugging the yellow line. I don't know how they do it!

Gonna be even better for 500 miles next week!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Endlessly amused that Danica has lost the draft 8 laps into the season.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Watch him win anyway.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I believe the technical term here is "a big wreck".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BMB5150 posted:

So lets see what Stenhouse did. Turn right into a wall without any help, fail to slam the brakes and plow into Busch, and then accelerate right into his girlfriend.

:downsbravo: x1000

That's two-time Nationwide champion Ricky Stenhouse, Jr, to you.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Truly it was the perfect collision of idiocy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fox seems convinced that Harvick was in that wreck and he didnt come close to it.

edit: Well uh not that it seems to matter now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

he smacked the wall trying to avoid it

Huh. Welp.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kyle Busch is very good at not wrecking in this specific race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I thought Elimination Chamber was next Sunday

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This loving rules btw

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cyrezar posted:

This is easily the most boring thing I've watched since the last NASCAR race I watched

You haven't been through what we've been through.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cyrezar posted:

My girlfriend works in the industry and I have to watch every god drat race. Trucks are somewhat tolerable but otherwise I just want to die at this point

oh well then rip sorry

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

At least for once the leader got away because they were racing behind him and not because they were too scared to pass!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shyduck posted:

FIX IS IN

:supaburn:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Austin Dillon owns, suck my nuts y'all. :cool:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:getin:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Uncle Jam posted:

Guy who has wrestling avatar makes this post, nobody surprised.

Not for long :ssh:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God bless.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh boy can't wait to hear about this all week

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

I cannot wait for Matt Kenseth to win the 500 as a yellow comes out in turn 2 on the final lap and the whole field is single-file behind him :allears:

Don't be a dick, dude, come on.

It's going to be Greg Biffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What the gently caress? Who flipped?

• Locked thread