Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

In other "Let's make some changes to NASCAR because" news, the All-Star Open will now run Friday instead of immediately before the All-Star Race.

I guess the plan is to get people to go to the truck race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cygni posted:

(missing restarts while under commercial, commercials during green flags, etc)?

This is kind of a diversion of the point, but I haven't complained near as much about NASCAR TV coverage since I've seen how truly abysmal NBA coverage can be. I've seen several games where the start of a quarter was missed.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

ThatCguy posted:

You know what, at this point, not even going to lie. I'm an unironic Danica fan. If we're going to spiral this shitstorm of a series into the ground, I want her to be front and center on it. This is great.

That sounds like the opposite of "unironic" to me.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm going to credit media darling Spencer Gallagher.

Have this many ARCA races a season ever been televised? Between FS1/2, NBCSN (are they back this year?), and CBSSN, there are a pile of races being shown, most of them live.

NBCSN isn't broadcasting any races this season as of now.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Man, I wish FOX Sports Go worked on my work computer.. sounds like a p ridiculous practice session so far.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Personperson14 posted:

Matt Kenseth is so loving bad at plate racing it's unreal.

Maybe that's why Biffle didn't want to try to pass him in 2012.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
The way Kligerman's talking sounds like Joey was making erratic moves before the incident. I'm not watching so obviously I can't confirm that.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
As long as LC makes the race I couldn't care less what happens.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cygni posted:

Blaney / #77 done, team packing up the hauler. No back up, couldn't find anyone willing to loan them one, and car not repairable.

One less car the 40 has to beat!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
If Nationwide qualifying is unable to continue the lineup will be set by the speeds posted during the first qualifying session. The only notable that would miss the race according to my math is Chris Buescher in the Roush Fenway 60.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

gret posted:

Skittles sucks now that they've replaced lime with disgusting green apple.

This generation's 9/11 in my opinion

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

I like this. There also needs to be some sort of team control so JGR doesn't just divvy up the thirds in the rumored plan to their three Cup drivers.

My idea was as follows, based on last year's driver points:
-Drivers who finished in the Top 20 in Cup points are limited to 7 lower series races.

(Johnson, Kenseth, Harvick, Kyle, Junyer, Gordon, Bowyer, Logano, Biffle, Kurt, Newman, Kahne, Horse, Horse 2, McMurray, Truex, Menard, Almirola, Stenhouse, Burton)

These drivers don't need the seat time anyway and are just chasing trophies.

-Drivers 21-30 are limited to 14.

(JPM, Marcos, Hamlin, Mears, Martin, Gilliland, Danica, Ragan, Smoke, Blaney)

-Drivers 31 and lower are unlimited, because they could probably use the extra seat time and/or are rookies anyway.

I like this method. 40 starts overall would kinda hurt guys like Landon Cassill.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

That is an excellent point, Mr. Racecar Driver.

Bill Elliott is spotting for Dale Jr. in practice today and Steve Letarte may spot for him in qualifying.

Is TJ Majors trying to find investors for Avion Tequila or something?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
To be fair Allgaier was probably crowding like crazy

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

SpitztheGreat posted:

Yea I just went onto the NASCAR website (god help me, it's such a piece of poo poo) to try and watch a replay of the accident and there really isn't a good shot of it. That's kind of surprising, usually the cameras are pretty good at magically being in the right place to catch a wreck. Since Allgaier says that he made it three wide on the outside I'm going to have to agree that he's at fault. The thing is though, that time and time again Danica is in the middle of these situations. Allgaier, Cassill, Gilliland, and company all seem to be able to run next to each other without a problem most of the time, but the second Danica gets put into the mix there's going to be a wreck. I don't know who to blame in this particular situation, but if Danica is involved in a wreck every two weeks then I'm going to have to say that she may be part of the problem.

I like Allgaier, but he's a lot like Allmendinger a few years ago where he would ruin so many decent days because he didn't give anybody an inch of room and ended up getting wrecked while running mid pack. I've heard that many drivers dont't like racing with him.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

bigbillystyle posted:

You'd think these guys in the #23, #83, #93, #26, #51 etc, would know their car's history and kind of know what they are there to do. Show up, run the race, finish well but don't kill the car to do it because we'd rather have a clean car finish 24th than a wrecked car trying to make a pass for 13th. But I guess I can totally see the new guys coming in with something to prove and falling into that Danica trap of, hey just because I'm a rookie you can't take what's mine, and burn the world down getting wrecked out of 21st place 4 laps down.

The Kvapils, Reutimanns, and Stremmes of the world are perfectly content to take a 30th place car and run 30th (maybe 27th if there's more attrition), but the guys like Kligerman, Whitt, R Truex, and Bowman who are coming up before some would say they're ready seem to have the mentality of "This could be my one shot into Cup.. I better make the most of it" which in my opinion is smart. Sure if they go for broke and wreck some cars they may end up getting replaced, but if they ride around in good Nationwide cars for years waiting for Joe Gibbs to call them up for a Cup ride they may be waiting forever.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cannot Find Server posted:

Don't forget that Casey Mears also drives pretty low-tier equipment but still gets top-20's relatively often anyway, such as his 14th at Phoenix last week and his 10th in the 500 (RP race, but still). I think the 13 is about on par with the 51 in terms of funding and equipment, so he's another measuring stick for those teams. He even finished one position better than 25th in points last year.

Isn't Germain basically on the same level as Furniture Row Racing now with the RCR connection?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I believe Germain is getting cars and motors from RCR, but perhaps I'm wrong. My assumption is that the totem pole is RCR > FRR > Germain > JTGD

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
SRA's post is pretty much genius. I do think the season finale needs to rotate venues, though.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Part of me is surprised that Kvapil's comments about Danica weren't publicized more considering what happened with he and [the rest of this post has been swept under the rug].

bigbillystyle posted:

While that is technically true, if it weren't for a faulty hub on the 4 car she'd be the second highest finisher. What's concerning here is that SHR as a whole hasn't been that good, except for the 4 car. Best finish besides the 4 is Stewart at Phoenix finished 16th. Now the 41 looked ok at Phoenix but blew a motor. I'm not so sure that 41 would have cracked the top 5 though. They gotta get together and figure out what that 4 team is doing different from the 14, 41, and 10. How can Harvick be a threat to win 2 weeks in a row and the other 4 cars be a threat to stay on the lead lap if they're lucky?

I think the 14's problem is that the driver isn't anywhere near 100%.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'm looking forward to getting there tomorrow morning. Judging by practice the races should be... interesting.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I really don't know which one I'd kill. Trucks is probably "better", but it seems important to have some place to run development drivers in cars that are at least somewhat similar to Cup cars.

Trucks put on the better racing, but it seems like more of a financial black hole than the Nationwide series.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'll be shocked if they raise the $55,000 needed. I'll be less shocked if they do so and NASCAR nixes it for some arbitrary reason.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Even if you have a case it takes money to fight it, so in the end unfortunately it's smartest to make the changes. Especially when you're doing it without making any money.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I miss the days when one-off guys like Pruett and Fellows could actually contend for the win. IIRC Ganassi quit putting Pruett in the NASCAR stuff after he went off on Montoya in a Busch race.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I figured NASCAR would have a little chat with him after his celebration, but I thought it would be because of the victory lane burnout around a bunch of people as opposed to taking the steering wheel off with nobody around.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'm assuming it's an untrue rumor, but one thing I heard is that Denny refused to take a drug test. While NASCAR isn't above covering something up, refusing a drug test is the same as failing one if I recall correctly.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Also a couple years ago he spent the offseason in Phoenix, AZ to "get away from everything." What I'd heard at the time was that he was in rehab.

What I don't understand about the "FedEx blackmailing NASCAR" rumor mentioned in the post above is that it's not like there aren't several other drivers who could win races and lose the championship to Jimmie Johnson in spectacular fashion in that car.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

BMB5150 posted:

Hell even Earnhardt is jumping on the wagon of what the gently caress is going on?

Yeah, when I read that I got the feeling he really wasn't questioning the aspect of NASCAR's protocol.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Hamlin has been cleared to race at Martinsville.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
If JRM hadn't had to pilfer the sponosrship that was supposed to be Cassill's over to Keselowski in '09 I have a feeling a lot of this "Cassill sucks" talk in the thread wouldn't be happening.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

SRA was just honoring Goon Hero Smoke tossing equipment at Kenny Irwin at Martinsville in 1999 in Turns 1 and 2. :eng101:

And we saw where Smoke's career went after that. :whatup:

And Kenny Irwin's.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Also in regards to the Truck race, "lobotomized starfish" may be one of the funniest things I've ever read. It's borderline[/larry mac] name change-worthy.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Last week my work banned streaming video, so I guess I'll have to settle for the PRN broadcast.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Kudos to Dale Jr for taking the blame for his mistake instead of finding someone else to blame like Brad would have done.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Blown engine for Harvick. If things don't improve soon he may get the award for farthest back in points to make the chase.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Does anyone have a link to a leaderboard that isn't on NASCAR.com. The site is awful enough on a good browser, but my work computer only allows IE8.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not meaning to play NASCAR's Advocate, but Kurt spewed a bunch of debris onto the track and Marcos got some of the foam that skidded up the track. My only question would be when did that happen in relation to when the caution flew.

It looked to me like NASCAR threw it as soon as the tire shredded.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
There will only be one Swan Racing entry at Richmond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Marlowe wanting to have Whitt in every race /= Kligerman being out at Swan.

• Locked thread