Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I blame FOX, the passage of time and Brian France for DW sounding like an idiot. Pre-FOX he was actually a decent color guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

shyduck posted:

Dale's death broke him.
Dale's death broke him, but Bill Jr's death forced him (and everyone else, for that matter) into becoming a puppet. I wonder if BP would have 'retired' long ago if he hadn't have passed...

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

quote:

Gallagher Motorsports renamed; returning to ARCA: Gallagher Motorsports, owned by Maury Gallagher, has been renamed to GMS Racing. The team will field a full time entry for Spencer Gallagher in the 2014 ARCA Racing Series season. Additionally, a second car will be entered at Daytona for Allegiant Air Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Scott Sheldon. (01-25-14)
SRA, what experience does Scott Sheldon have?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/67122818/four-math-and-racing-experts-devise-nascar-points-plans

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

An e-cigarette company in financial issues? I'll be damned...
http://www.catchfence.com/2014/truc..._source=twitter
Too bad it'll gently caress Jeb over, though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So Eric McClure is driving for Front Row for the 500, and says he's retiring after this season.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

From the article, it was the wreck at Talladega that freaked his children out enough to make him want to retire.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Someone said JPM's running the Brickyard 400 for Penske, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

In other news, Horseface Sr. has slightly redeemed himself in my eyes:
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/10370997/drivers-differ-proposed-nascar-format-changes

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

In as RIP NASCAR 1/30/2014, but I need something better than that.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jeff Gluck gonna get fired.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm glad NASCAR and their incredible track record with judgement calls will have the potential to make more of them, with championships, race wins and millions of dollars of prize money on the line! :suicide:

Bob Pockrass wrote something else to the same effect:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/..._medium=twitter

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Rockford Speedway or Irwindale Speedway :getin:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just kind of bizarre how "redneck" culture has been marketed to the masses post 9-11. (Which I truly blame for this crap).

It just feels like a lot of dumb madison avenue-types kind of constructed their own version of "Redneck" culture, and tried to dump it into our laps.
Somewhere along the line, redneck became equivalent to white trash.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Was yesterday international "Speak like Austin Powers Day" and I missed it? :ohdear:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cup needs to run Ste. Eustache. :getin:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Rumor mill says that Bobby 'Porky Pig' Hamilton Jr. is going be running fulltime this year in ARCA

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

BMB5150 posted:

Click up Dale, noooooooooooo.

e: Only thing missing is a sound bite of after you hit and fall and hear DW saying "I hope Dale is ok."
:drat:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

and

own all the ARCA bones.

E: You know, when you put everything into one highlight reel, Kyle Busch really is a massive shithead without a single idea of social conventions, and as if racecars, and the money to fix them, simply grows on trees, even though as a teamowner he knows much better. Thanks NBC!

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 14, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Well, that was a very interesting day of Arca fuckery and getting caught up in shadow Cup team politics. I will be racing tomorrow in the 20 car. Lots of discussions going on right now regarding the direction of the team for the rest of the year. Can't say much more right now.
How the hell do you get a DNQ after the car finished all the races in the top-10 in points for 2013? I know they have the Gold Program or something for guys who have been there for decades, but how does that make sense?

E: If you can't win, Super Mario or Cole Powell winning would be cool. gently caress everyone else.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Oh and don't believe arca's report. One of the Venturini crew chiefs almost got his rear end hauled away in cuffs :lol:
Can we believe the report of NASCAR telling ARCA to un-disqualify Chase Elliott? :allears:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

If you've ever wanted to know what an actual puppet dancing on actual strings looks like, look no further than Ron Drager's performance when Chase's car was found to be 3/8ths low both at the height sticks on pit road and in the tech garage.
Holy poo poo. Where did they put the nitrous? 3\8ths might as well be 3 feet..

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

gently caress you chase Elliott, you cheating bastard.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Look closer at the hat.

Also, in the bullshit category:

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 8m

NASCAR is now saying the three engine changes today (Stewart, Patrick and Labonte) will start at back of duel AND Daytona 500.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That would be JoLo from a race at Jennerstown, I'm not sure what year. 2005 or 2006 maybe? E: It's from an ASA National Tour race in 2004.

Oh, in other news apparently the 9 and 99 ARCA teams got into a fight after the race, Chase Elliott may or may not be a little shithead, and a metal baseball bat may or may not have been thrown at someone.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 16, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kenseth still sucks rear end at plate racing.
Patrick still sucks at wreck avoidance and car recovery.
I don't know what the gently caress Stenhouse was thinking.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CactusWeasle posted:

Their kids are going to be something special

fake edit: In every sense.
If Ricky Tony Stewart knocks her up and forces her out of the car, he needs to be a first-ballot NASCAR HOFer.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

I'm waiting for the press release that states this never happened.
This isn't ARCA.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

elmono311 posted:

gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress. So not looking forward to DW
Fixed.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

leica posted:

drat, NASCAR isn't even remotely subtle about it anymore. How loving obvious, gently caress this sport.

Put an E at the end of NASCAR for Entertainment.
Ok there S_Gibson, back to Rubbins' Racin with you.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Tomorrow, on Fox Sports 2.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://lebanonsportsbuzz.com/2014/02/17/bobby-gerhart-is-livid-about-latest-penalty-at-daytona/

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Smoke knocked Kenseth's plate racing senses out of him in 2006, and he's been a loving clown ever since.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

that's my favorite NASCAR moment of the last 15 years
I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, it's just that Tony opened Pandora's Box by doing it.

Oh, and gently caress Bobby Gerhardt.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmVusJdqinM

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 20, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

Also, he's started exactly one supermodified race and one big block modified race and he has one career supermod win and one career big block mod win.

Not quite.
http://www.ismasupers.com/index.php/results/results-archive/182-june29-02-cayuga

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Someone was telling me Toyota will be more involved with BK and Swan this year, as b-team development programs, akin to STR to Red Bull.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elephanthead posted:

So how many cars did Daytona qualifying and practice destroy? More or less then will get destroyed in the actual race? All to decide what 6 cars don't make the field of which 4 will start and park?
I don't see any S&P cars in the 500 field this year.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cannot Find Server posted:

I just went and re-watched the anthem. I love that the service members look disgusted, I love Brad literally laughing out loud, even Danica is smiling for the first time in her life. What a fantastic trainwreck.
Someone needs to .gif Brad Keslowski's reaction, that could come in handy for race threads this season.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So Chad Knaus is very, very dedicated:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/02/21/chad-knaus-hendrick-motorsports-jimmie-johnson-crew-chief/5661313/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SpitztheGreat posted:

Welp, another mini big one. Kahne may have the worst luck of any driver in the field.
:getin:

• Locked thread