Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Would the Indy 500 be an "extreme circumstance"? If not, why even have that loophole? Are the schedules offset enough that a driver could qualify at both tracks and get a relief driver for the Coca-Cola 600?

I figured that loophole is for use as a save face card in case of another itchy arm incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm wondering why the rear end-end of it is on fire instead of the front.

According to youtube comments, it was apparently a strobe light on the rear that caught fire. Faulty wiring or something. Though, that doesn't fully answer the whole smoke in the car.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

LASTCAR posted:

You can blame that clown Austin Dillon for the reason Germain only had one superspeedway Ford to give:

Must have been a boring race, check out the people looking into the sun and at the camera.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Danica! posted:

Why? Because the guy is more interested in being the best ever in his career field than having a wife and kids?

Or because when he retires he wants a hot young girl and a Ferrari?

I'm having a hard time seeing anything wrong with that.

Same, I'm confused on the goon hate as well. The only thing I can figure is the fear of having him as their boss. Or a personality type like it. Except, it is that attitude that has delivered the team it has.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

front wing flexing posted:

No, I get that. But if I was a company I would still want a better spokesperson for my brand.

And going by the numbers, he is a solid bet but if advertisers were race fans they would invest their money much more efficiently.

Going back to this. Remember that it isn't just spokesperson skills these drivers are taken for. There is also team merchandise. IIRC, the sponsors get all the money from those sales. I wouldn't be surprised if godaddy helped steer her to NASCAR just to devour on the female driver thing for merchandise sales.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
We haven't had an update on carl in a while, so here is one:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Economy and the Cup drivers/teams taking all the sponsorship/resources from Busch/Truck only teams with NASCAR looking the other way.

I don't think they are straight up taking them away. I recall hearing that the sponsors weren't going to materialize at all unless a cup driver was in the car. The economy part is right though.

However, how much can they cut more costs out of the nationwide cars to get more low level teams in without just turning into arca and killing that series.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Fag Boy Jim posted:

He won't win the title because the championship has absolutely nothing to do with how good you are through the year anymore, lmao

but hey, GAME 7 MOMENTS

GAME 7 MOMENT: Jimmy gets put to the back of the field because of an engine change. NASCAR added another cylinder to said engine.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

bigbillystyle posted:

They do it during like the first 50 and last 50 laps but I agree that it should always be side by side coverage if its under green. I never understand why they do the side by side if its under caution but they do it all the time.

You might miss another jpm moment.

But seriously, the broadcasting side is what is the problem more than anything. There is nothing NASCAR can do to fix it. All three have fallen into the same pit. If you aren't in the top 5 or Danica, whatever happens on the track isn't newsworthy or worth their time to pan the camera to you. Now, if you happen to turn left and pull out a caution, congrats, your sponsor will finally get some air time even though you can hit 3 wins a year anyway. But, they'll probably not have any video it was you that turned left because there wasn't a camera on you when the incident happened. On the other hand, listening to the races on the radio is completely different. If the top 5 are single file but 20-25 is have an argument on positioning, gently caress it, they'll talk about the race for 20th.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
This race is going places.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
My TV is bigger than it was 20 years ago. Your crew forgetting the wide angle lens is why we can't see it all.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Umm, what channel is airing the truck race?

Nm, fs1 as I thought

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus christ is modern country something that should be left for dead in a ditch.

why does NASCAR keep hiring these acts?

I would love to see the confused faces if perhaps someone like deadmaus did an act.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Are we racing now? Please?

Edit: "watch that 18" *not seeing anything because of the pizza hut billboard *

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 18, 2014

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
That 10 lap segment sure was dramatic to the checker.

Edit: what is the payout for 15th?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I can't find a listing of the full payout table for tonight's race. I'm wondering how much DogeCar made by finishing 15th instead of dead last which was about $75,000. I'm guessing it's not a whole lot more, but it'd be nice to see.

I cannot stop grinning and laughing every time I see that car on the track and I really hope someone makes a diecast.

Probably posted before, but still funny.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Boy I bet people sure are glad they tuned in for a 600 mile race of nothing just for Jim John to be handed the win.

I dunno, I had dinner and finished cleaning up my fish tank to ready it for another planted attempt during the race. So I didn't have to waste much time with it.

Edit: that said, I kind of like jimmy any way. Guy is amazingly consistent and some of these other drivers really should review their tapes on how jimmy has handled the random poo poo that has happened to him.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

drat that last caution. I wanted to see if two tires would've worked on the last run.

Canadian-registered helicopter?

I'm guessing the blonde next to kurt. Otherwise, I don't know either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

the fact that he was fastest in like all 3 division practices today is amazing and the fact that no one gives him credit because they hate his goony rear end is hilarious

No one is going to forgive him for tearing up that stratos. :colbert:

• Locked thread