Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So basically, this is now a sim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If I remember correctly, Kyle is related in some way to Sarah Fisher so he's got a vested interest anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jalopnik made a great point in an article they posted about her.

Pretty much in the beginnings of her career she was a serious race car driver, then GoDaddy happened, and she transformed into a "Gimmick" for their "Brand".

If it is them? Wow, that's low.

She was? I'm sure I remember her posing half naked in the Argent days.

I certainly remember her being a sulky mare during that time because that's where my favourite picture of her and Sarah Fisher comes from.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 18, 2014

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And it's a shame those geniuses are engaged in something so supremely pointless.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm surprised it's that cheap to be honest, remotely decent helmets are that price already.

I don't own one, but they wouldn't work in a kart anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Possibly a touch late but stream - http://dazsports.org/extra.html

I assume Morgan parked it around lap 2.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm sure I've heard Burton commentate, possibly during a truck race or something and yeah, assuming I didn't imagine the whole thing he was exactly that, interesting but lifeless.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Game owns btw. Solid little rpg that can run on a laptop. Little pricy but worth it

Not a huge danger but bear in mind if you're in Europe the Console versions have been censored.

The PC ones are ok.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Secondly, this move axes 5 extra races off the team's budgets. With sponsorship dollars still somewhat tight and NASCAR looking to cut costs, 5 fewer racecars to build/crash and 5 weeks extra to prepare for the next year would be a very welcome sight to many teams, especially those on the lower end.

This confuses me because doesn't it also mean 5 races less exposure and thus 5 races less sponsor money?

In fact since there are obvious fixed costs, doesn't that mean they would actually need to find MORE per race in order to survive - i.e - rent doesn't get more or less expensive because of the number of races.

You'd know better than me of course but this seems counter intuitive.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Peanut President posted:

5 fewer races means you don't get Danica'd so much. Also driving the hauler across america.

Yeah but surely each individual race is profitable otherwise you could never do any races.

Very simple workout

Each race costs : $1000
Each race brings in : $1100

Factory fixed costs (employing people, paying rent and utils etc) : $1000.

If you have 10 races a year, that's survival.

If you have 8, you're now losing money.

That's the bit I can't get my brain past. Yes you can get unlucky and get Danicaed in any individual race but that's true of 8 as much as 10. And that extra...ooh...$1000 from being Danicaed is even worse if you don't have more races to make it back.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

It's easier to ask someone for $5 than ask them for $10, and theres a much bigger pool of people with $5 in their pocket.

Ah now that's a drat good point and probably accounts for the number of part season deals.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair, the Daytona ratings were probably torpedoed by all the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Peanut President posted:

That was Dale Earnhardt. :bahgawd:

It's just about everyone involved in racing ever.

• Locked thread