Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kinda surprised Almirola got a cup seat, he's not that good is he?

Danica: "The Future of Our Sport" :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Peanut President posted:

They could punish the Greg Biffles of the world by just paying 1000 points for first, 10 points for second, 9 for third, on down.

I like this idea. Make some of the points racers try to earn their loving way in.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat, NASCAR isn't even remotely subtle about it anymore. How loving obvious, gently caress this sport.

Put an E at the end of NASCAR for Entertainment.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 17, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Ok there S_Gibson, back to Rubbins' Racin with you.

Who's that? Eh, I'm over it anyway, won't watch any races again this year. Maybe Talladega if I have nothing better to do.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BMB5150 posted:

Who cares about qualifying as if it really matters by lap 2 or last year turn 1.

Exactly, so why not get a car on the pole that will create the most publicity going into the 500?

Personperson14 posted:

Yeah, it's not suprising, nearly all the ECR engines were in the top 10 and you can bet your loving rear end pap pap only put the best in DA3

And NASCAR put the best restrictor plate in it ;)

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 17, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yes. NASCAR has much more to lose than gain by ever allowing a serious suggestion of Something like that that to occur. At the very worst they might let something pass tech that could be considered very grey in the rulebook, but nothing like violating one of their own cardinal, unforgivable sins of loving with the motor.

I agree that NASCAR (probably) wouldn't gently caress with restrictor plates, that comment was tongue in cheek, but I would not put it past them to look the other way during inspection if it suits them. I'm not a conspiracy theorist in the slightest, I'm not a hater (I have loved this sport for decades), and I shouldn't look dumb for questioning NASCAR's motives. The loving drivers question their motives all the time! The posters in this forum do as well!

I don't like bringing this up a lot in these threads, but I was a member of the NASCAR media (photographer) for three years. I heard stories from veteran photographers and writers about some of the poo poo that goes on, they ALL sounded like a bunch of conspiracy theorists to me at first, but as time went on I started to really wonder about poo poo. Especially when I would hear the same stories from different people, people that I had become friends with that were respected photographers. I dunno man, maybe I'm jaded? The sport I used to love sucks now so maybe that's part of it. Guess I just need to stop paying attention completely.

[edit] I'm not saying that it's a fact that NASCAR helped the #3 to the pole, but it sure as hell is possible.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That boob pic looks like a photoshop to me, how could you see any nipple at that angle? It just looks off.

• Locked thread