Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Follow this one weird tip for a TH6-pack in just 30s/day! Clanners HATE him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

You should've seen his "Quest to the Top 200" series. I think his sponsors covered around $2000 or so. And even then, he was only in the Top 200 for like a day or so before he got pushed back down again.

edit: Then again, this guy is a lot more tolerable than the other channels who use unnecessary dubstep in the beginning

Slow Pylorus
May 21, 2007
Just applied to lift. In game name is xander.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

barb gonna kiss away your tears

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

Omniblivion posted:

Some people aren't letting me know if they're goons in their invites, so if you have an invite that hasn't been accepted yet, stop being bad and let me know to accept you.

Also, I may have thrown my back out lifting this weekend. gently caress my life.

I applied with "stairs lol" in my application. I guess goons don't know the code word anymore. My IGN is FiveThirty.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Shachi posted:

I applied with "stairs lol" in my application. I guess goons don't know the code word anymore. My IGN is FiveThirty.

Lots of people apply with some version of stairs in the app. There's a good chance when you applied the clan was full and we had to reject you. Unfortunately the game processes clan rejection as a ban to prevent spamming, and you get an angry rejection message.

\/\/ - They must just hate you then. Sucks dude.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 4, 2014

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Oh. That was for the DoUEvenLiftBro? clan. It wasn't full when I applied yesterday :shrug:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sorry if this is a bit of a derail, but since I started a week ago, and build times are getting long I picked up Castle Clash too as it's very similar. Are any of you playing that and if so does anyone have a guild?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
For the DoUEvenLift clan, be aware that there are 2 clans with identical names. The capitalized one is the goon clan, the all lowercase one is not

Also I just rejected you from 2Poor since we're full, be aware that my in game name is gtfo. That was not a message directed at you!

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Shachi posted:

Oh. That was for the DoUEvenLiftBro? clan. It wasn't full when I applied yesterday :shrug:

You're in now-

ixo posted:

For the DoUEvenLift clan, be aware that there are 2 clans with identical names. The capitalized one is the goon clan, the all lowercase one is not

They don't even lift!

Shachi posted:

I'm pretty awful at life

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Zotix posted:

Sorry if this is a bit of a derail, but since I started a week ago, and build times are getting long I picked up Castle Clash too as it's very similar. Are any of you playing that and if so does anyone have a guild?

I play castle clash, its not nearly as good as this game. I don't have a clan, I guess I could start one though.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Secret Sweater posted:

Anyone care to comment on how much of a game changer heal spells are? I'm going to be getting both heal and upgraded giants this evening.

It makes attacking tougher bases more tolerable. Once you get used to using them, you will certainly notice not having the spells on hand. I'd even say without the heal spell you should arguably drop some trophies and attack bases with lovely walls.

Fact: The level of your walls directly correlates to how often you lose to bees (tier 1 swarm)

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
Watching an entire attacking force be wiped out by a single mortar shot is the best.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

He uses "literally" incorrectly and too frequently.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Goons, I need some advice. I seem to be stuck, at Silver II now my usual strategy of dumping some giants and goblins on a dude's town and winning isn't working. What do I do now that I can't just chump may way to victory?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
This is what I did to get from 900 to 1250 trophies at TH6.

10ish giants, 2 healers, 4-6 WBs, rest goblins and archers.

Find a base with decent resources and air defenses close to the edge. Drop a giant to take fire, send in WBs to expose the anti-air, drop the rest of the giants so they go for it first. Wait for AA to be down, then drop the healers to keep the giants up. Sprinkle in archers and goblins once the tank force is up and going.

TraderStav posted:

He uses "literally" incorrectly and too frequently.

When I heard a law professor that was ex-Harvard Law Review do this, I realize this fight was over and it was time to accept that people don't understand words.

edit: wait to drop healers until AA is down.

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 5, 2014

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Thanks, guess I'll have to work on upgrading my barracks then so I Can get healers.

Also literally, literally does not just mean literally anymore. It's time to move on.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
Ha! Been playing this for a month or so. Should have known there would be a goon clan. Which clans aren't full, as the one I'm in sucks and goons make any game more hilarious.

Ps Literally will always literally mean literally, unless english is literally your second language.

[edit] Applied to DoUEvenLiftBro.

Dirty Karma fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 5, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I also applied!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
goon lifting crew is the chillest crew of all

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

RVT posted:

This is what I did to get from 900 to 1250 trophies at TH6.

10ish giants, 2 healers, 4-6 WBs, rest goblins and archers.

Find a base with decent resources and air defenses close to the edge. Drop a giant to take fire, send in WBs to expose the anti-air, drop the rest of the giants so they go for it first. Wait for AA to be down, then drop the healers to keep the giants up. Sprinkle in archers and goblins once the tank force is up and going.

When I heard a law professor that was ex-Harvard Law Review do this, I realize this fight was over and it was time to accept that people don't understand words.

edit: wait to drop healers until AA is down.

Keep in mind you are putting aside 2/3 your troop space for tanking/healers/wallbreakers. Also factor in training time and army cost (TH6 army cost doesn't matter I saw 200/200 bases very frequently tbqh) L3 giants have huge issues on bases with crystal walls, their damage output is almost non existent.

Crystal walls have as much HP as a town hall of comparable level, meaning 3 L3 or 2 L4 wallbreakers.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!
This is for all my DoYouEvenLift brethren

I am at TH6 and I just hit next when I see crystal walls. Just doesn't seem worth it right now. I am just nailing targets with the anti-air near the edge. If my giant swarm is taking to much heat getting to them I will drop a heal spell, but I try and avoid using them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

valinhorn posted:

I am at TH6 and I just hit next when I see crystal walls. Just doesn't seem worth it right now. I am just nailing targets with the anti-air near the edge. If my giant swarm is taking to much heat getting to them I will drop a heal spell, but I try and avoid using them.

Even at TH7, they slow your army considerably compared to the gold ones. Though if the right target presents itself sometimes you just can't push next :shepicide:

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I am literally full of gold and my builders are literally hosed for the next 12 hours!

valinhorn posted:

Literally hilarious!

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Don't skip crystal bases by default. Always, always, always check the resources and where they're located. I've scored plenty of crystal bases with 200/200k+ with empty storages in the center and unprotected collectors that could be sniped with 20 archers for 30 seconds of work.

Also, I get that you guys are proud of your clan and all and that's cool, but can you lay off the lifting meme stuff in here? Especially ones that are a cell phone picture of a monitor. We have standards, god drat it.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Figuratively if I were to upgrade my walls to LVL7 it would cost me millions upon millions.. Going to focus on wizard towers, they wreck poo poo at higher levels.

I might be giving out lvl 5 barbs soon so everyone can have barbs with little helmets. So suck it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Polish posted:

Figuratively if I were to upgrade my walls to LVL7 it would cost me millions upon millions.. Going to focus on wizard towers, they wreck poo poo at higher levels.

I might be giving out lvl 5 barbs soon so everyone can have barbs with little helmets. So suck it.

Level 7 towers are a grind but worth it. Reason being is it will now cost the attacker 2 wbs at any level. I only bring 5 WBs along so if I see big walls, I tend to skip if they aren't cherry picking bases.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just applied to DoUEvenLiftBro. The other 2 goon clans were full :(

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I'm new but doing okay, applying for DoUEvenLiftBro

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Not an Anthem posted:

I'm new but doing okay, applying for DoUEvenLiftBro

I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but be sure you apply for the one with CaPiTaL letters- some pubbies copied our idea and used all lower case letters.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
I've applied for lifting squad as well.

edit: everyone in this clan seems pretty low level and fairlyinnactive. any room for a highly active trophy whore in the other groups? I donate good troops all the time so i need a group that can match that if possible.

ingame name is steve twerkel fyi

nephyx fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 6, 2014

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I'll be booting any inactive folk from 2Poor this Saturday, so keep an eye out then.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

nephyx posted:

edit: everyone in this clan seems pretty low level and fairlyinnactive. any room for a highly active trophy whore in the other groups? I donate good troops all the time so i need a group that can match that if possible.

We're not so much inactive as we are just a lot of newer players. There is a group of us in the clan that are on all the time- I'll probably boot inactives here soon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I applied to LiftBro (there are now 4 clans DoUEvenLift DoUEvenLiftBro douevenliftbro and doyouevenlift) none of the other ones have a high user count though so its not too hard to avoid.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
What would be better, this (which I just made up): http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/300673

or my current setup? I still don't totally get how to set this up well.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

pixaal posted:

I applied to LiftBro (there are now 4 clans DoUEvenLift DoUEvenLiftBro douevenliftbro and doyouevenlift) none of the other ones have a high user count though so its not too hard to avoid.

Jesus Christ- probably because we keep smashing the sad pubbies, so our clan name is getting exposure.

You want to use something similar to your link above. The idea is to protect your gold storage and mortar as much as possible, ideally having compartments for them. You'll get some more freedom in base design at higher levels, you're kind of hosed at early levels with the lack of walls.

Also, protecting your town hall really doesn't matter. Trophies are literally worthless early (and arguably, they're worthless late too).

Omniblivion fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 7, 2014

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Thanks, switched up my base to that for now

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

nephyx posted:

At some point an enterprising goon is probably going to create a clan specifically for the spergs who want to do nothing but trophy pushing, but right now I think there's only a few players like that in 500Dolla.

EDIT: Put the money down to get a 4th builder (Got 3rd before Sweet Victory achievement so it was only a $5 purchase) and it's very handy. Will probably shave a week or so off of upgrading everything (including walls) for my new TH6.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 7, 2014

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
My newbie 3-day shield just ran out and I am now scared to death of being attacked (TH3). If I make an army that is hanging out in my army camps, will they help defend if someone invades me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Nope! Your defenses and whatever troops have been donated to you in your clan castle are all that stand between you and ruin (losing some resources)

Did you join a goon clan?