Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
A small request: don't loving donate less than level 3 troops, especially if I've asked for level 3+ troops. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
What's with the retarded clan names, anyway?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

McSpankWich posted:

I modified yours a little, I don't like having all four of those structures in one enclosure on the outskirts like you have, so I reduced it to three and shifted some stuff around. What do you think?

This is what I've been using for TH8 and I've been very happy with it: http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/73829

You should give it a try.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
From the OP:

quote:

We appreciate your eagerness and goonerosity but please don’t donate low level troops! They are ineffective against pretty much everything, and take up space that could be filled by a more effective troop. L3 is where most troops begin to be effective and worth donating. Here’s a helpful list:

Hope that helped.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
So tell me the story of Diablo 3 gold. I've always wondered what's behind your custom title.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
I find it funny how people who are on the earlier parts of the game usually give really really bad advice. Advice that will greatly hinder them later on in the game. Some of frogs advice are good but in general don't listen to that idiot.

edit: So I checked his layout and it's even more retarded than I anticipated. He keeps talking about how trophies are useless (they are), yet clearly his objective is to hoard as many trophies as he can as fast as possible.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 17, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
It's ok, you're doing the right thing.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
That won't fly later on in the game as the upgrades get more expensive than you can store in one storage. Also I think it's stupid to NOT ugrade your collectors to the max. I maxed them as soon as I could and at no point have I regretted it, on the contrary I get more money during downtimes.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
I raid fairly succesfully with 14 giants, 5 wbs, 50 goblins and 70 archers but they're all lvl 5 so your mileage may vary. My setup is poor against strong high-end defenses so I have to cherry pick some but it's a relatively cheap and quick setup to train. I tried that bee thingy but in my opinion giants are way better at tying down your enemy's defenses than barbs.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Not My Leg posted:

This kind of makes my point. There's no question that this army should be able to successfully raid, but even assuming you're using no spells, you're spending just over 100,000 elixir to field the army. If you are using any spells, bump that up another 20-40k. Unless you are routinely bringing back 200,000+, that just doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think healers or dragons are very cost-effective (except dragons for defensive purposes).

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

ixo posted:

What’s important to understand however is that your TH influences who is available to attack, and who may attack you.

Excuse me, what? Only trophies influence who may attack you or who you may attack.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
But when you start seeing bases with three AA's cleverly spread out, healers lose their effectiveness.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
So I took a look at some Vietnamese clan.

Those donations... :stare:

edit: this is from last thursday

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
wow, yes you do. you really need another hobby

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yes

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cbear posted:

If there is one of the clans that plans on doing clan wars more often please let me know. Maybe it would be a good time to rearrange those who want to?

Yeah, I've been thinking about a high-TH goon clan for a long time now. If there's enough interest, I'll certainly join it.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
BK for sure

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
In my experience lvl 1 hog riders aren't that great. I'd go with wizards.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Want to save some extra elixir from potential resource farmers? Here's a pro-tip: once you're about to log off, train your warcamps to full and then queue up your barracks full with wallbreakers. Once you log back in, just cancel the queue and you will get your precious elixir back. I'm able to save around 400k elixir by using this neat little trick. Click here to find out more

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Well there are ~30 million players so there's bound to be a lot of lovely ones.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Blumpkin I'd like to hear your reasoning for rushing your already rushed base.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Blumpkin you should join Iran Shah. You'd fit right in.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Yes, you were mistaken, but why haven't you cancelled the upgrade yet?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Blumpkin, are you seriously as stupid as you lead to believe or is this some elaborate troll?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
2Poor ur getting some lovely opponents yo

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Spergs of War has pubbies in it and the retarded rule of "do X to gain rank".

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Yeah we've been losing/tieing a lot lately since we've been faced with anti-blumpkins. I'd love to have 2poor's matchmaking (and people should stop rushing - I'm the only unrushed th9 in WeSpent and even I have mostly purple walls - and leaving their th's outside).

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
He's probably learned something so that's good.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Philosopher King posted:

I'm actually thinking about putting a guide together on what to do after you've rushed your base. Hope is not lost if you do it right (after you've done it wrong). This is of course in no way suggesting that is the right way to go, but there are ways to recover and still play in a profitable way.

What you (general you) should do is stop rushing and upgrade your poo poo until you can't do that anymore without upgrading your TH. Otherwise I like the sound of your warplan.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Dude they had 136 stars and 91% average destruction on us. There was no way we could have won that. I skimmed through roughly 20 of their top bases and this was the hardest clan we've faced so far.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Apparently they blow on enemies.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
More like -45000 gems.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
note that lightning spells don't work on dragons

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
STFU about who's the chillest or what's the best clan. Nobody cares

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

RVT posted:

Always love it when people half through a game start throwing down sick advice.

Yeah, 95% of advice in this thread is from people who are barely halfway through the game and it shows.

EDIT: Also now that I joined that a clan that is mostly crystal and masters I've learned that it is impossible to beat asians in a clan war if you're in a somewhat relaxed clan.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

jm20 posted:

A Primer in how to calculate how much someone has spent on the game :goonsay:

Resources

Nice and Tidy: more or less a good judgement of how long you have played the game. 500 obstacles roughly equates to 6 months of playtime. If they do not participate in

Gold Grab: you can compare how much gold he has with how many expensive wall segments they have, or less often structures. If you also compare this to their collectors and how long they have played it will give a rough estimate of how much gold they could possibly have earned in the best case

Conquerer: this will give a rough estimate of how active someone is, compare this to the playtime formula and you can see how many battles per month they are doing. Also look at the end of a 2 week attack cycle.

Heroic Heist: compare this directly to their heroes and DE troops. Ignore drills unless their heros are under 10, they provide basically nothing overall.

Find the total resources and write it down and keep it handy for the next sections

Building Time

So once you figure out how much resources they have gemmed you can also calculate how much they have gemmed based on their builders. If you multiply their quantity builders by the estimated building time for their buildings you can see how far apart they are. A near maxed TH9 sans heroes can be approximately done in 8 months, TH10 requires ~72d on top of that, again without heros. Heroes will set you back 227 days each, so from start to finish they require a minimum of 227d for both BK and AQ.

Now keep a tally of how many estimated days they have fast tracked

Troops

Very hard to accurately gauge, but if they are a 6mo player who has maxed troops including DE you can safely make an assumption. Failing this you can accurately calculate how long this takes, but this depends on your level of :spergin: Lab time is linear so unless you are hurling gems at the game you certainly won't have max troops any time soon (10mo+)

Costs

So once you have an idea of how much resources they have gemmed, how much builder time, and estimated lab time sped up, you can proceed to the calculators on the following pages. This wont help you win but it might let you sleep better at night as you cuddle your girlfriend pillow, not girlfriend. Assume they also gem their barracks or troops for attacks as well, but you can't quantify this at all so :iiam:

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Cumulative_Costs

5/5 sperging would read again :awesome:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Boom Beach grinds to a halt at later levels though as you get constantly crushed by people with better poo poo. Just like CoC

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Yeah but then u get only poo poo bases

EDIT: with lovely treasure that is

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
good point. now whats the best way to lose trophies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub