Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just started playing. I read the OP (very well done, thanks) and I look forward to learning more about the strategy.

But I have a noob question and didn't want to look through 46 pages to see if it was already asked. Is it worth having two Barracks? If yes, should I upgrade them both? Multiple camps seems like an obvious yes. But multiple Barracks seem like it would only lower production time. I'm not planning on sperging out and playing for hours in a row. So far I can make Giants which take 2 minutes each. Are there units that will take hours, thus be worth having multiple barracks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This is my TH3 base so far.

I've had a few defensive victories, which is neat. One was legit, and a few more where they deployed a couple barbs and gave up.

I finally got enough elixir to start training, and went with Archers first. Slowly upgrading my walls.

I've run into a clan castle a couple times when attacking, where the barbs rush out to defend. How does this work? I assume I have to join a clan after repairing it, but I don't think I'd want to use up a spot in a goon clan at my low level. Should I dump the gold into it and get it going?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I was just experimenting with the gems. Its only 2 gems per collector for a day.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I found a juicy target and crushed him for 20k gold and elixir. Plenty of gold to unlock my clan castle! So who had some room for a noobish goon?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Looks like there are 2 spots open in DoUEvenLiftBro? Make sure you get the caps right, since there are pubbie imitators. Our tagline/whatever is "Never not lift."

Applied as gromdul, and noted my SA status.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sweet, got denied and banned from DoUEvenLiftBro? Anyone else have room?

E: will do!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Pointless walls! I barely did any damage, 6%, but stole 50k gold before his wizard tower nuked my goblins.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

UP AND ADAM posted:

Dang, why not roll with a better army to get all that poo poo?

Yeah TH4, and just gold sniping. Even if I had some barbs and archers I probably could not have destroyed his base. Nor do I have the storage for it all.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Asperger's in full effect. Holy poo poo. I'm stunned that someone takes this freemium game that seriously.

If DoUEvenLiftBro? gets to this level of autism, count me out. :v:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What's the most popular Android emulator that people use for this game? I need to incorporate some spread sheet action into this.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Touch and hold for a sec. Once you start deployment you can move your finger. Multi-touch works too if you're clever.

e:fb

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just wish I had queued up my idle builders before the servers went down.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Quitting because they took his unfairly earned toys away?

I am surprised bans weren't handed out. Similar incidents in MMOs would result in bans (exploiting bugs, telling others to exploit while they can).

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
You could be right. Well to counter your last argument, some MMOs are freemium and some have monthly fees.

I suppose handing out bans could effect relatively innocent players. Those who were effected by the bug but didn't exploit it. Meh, pointless speculation.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Video games are serious business :parrot:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Does anyone have a preferred TH5 farming base? I checked out CoCbuilder, and there are, of course, many to choose from. All the top plans have flaws, but there isn't a lot to work with at TH5 anyway. Anyone have a favorite they want to share?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Aethernet posted:

:hfive:

LIKE A WELL OILED MACHINE OF WAR*

*Note: 'Well oiled machine of war' should not be taken to imply any chance of success in actual war except in cases where opponents apparently forget that they're at war.

Just like Ukraine and Russia.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I was wondering about that. A lot of the designs on https://clashofclansbuilder.com put the storages inside the walls. I can see having other buildings inside walls to absorb some attacks, or just to make it harder to get a 50% damage star. But not worrying about them might be helpful at low TH levels.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

I have no idea what this guy was thinking. He really likes his 18 dark elixir I guess.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 12, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Hard core :black101:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Nauta posted:

EDIT: Also now that I joined that a clan that is mostly crystal and masters I've learned that it is impossible to beat asians in a clan war if you're in a somewhat relaxed clan.

Wow, racist...

against casuals.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Nosre posted:

For sure, I'd like to see it :)

e:fb

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
WeSpent500Dolla has a spot open as well.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Aethernet posted:

Unfortunately I only one-starred Hitler.

His bunker was too strong...

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Still have 2 days until TH6. #FirstWorldProblems

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

This is my set up. Works OK, I got 3-stared of course, but it was with an expensive army. Dragons or Hogs. Which I find hilarious. I just followed the logic mentioned above, and tried to make my CC as hard to pull as possible.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I lure them away from the base, and drop some Barbarians to tank and ring them with archers. Maybe drop my CC too depending on what is inside. The barch troops will kill them quickly and then go on to attack the base. I only have lighting atm; I use that to soften the defenses where my mass of troops are going to hit, trying to get the mortar and wiz tower if I can.

Not that I'm an expert, but I can 3* an equal level base (TH5) with this. From watching replays from my clan I can see it gets even more important with heroes and high level bases.

I just hit TH6, lots or upgrading and research to do. I am looking forward to using Giants and Healers. Until then barch still packs a lot of punch for the cost if deployed intelligently.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Secret Sweater posted:

^ use the link a device feature.

Come on in boys, plenty of loot in here :getin:

I could watch this all day.

Until I get a notification about Boom Beach!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Butt Discussin posted:

I feel like I've hit a wall at the beginning of TH6: people take my resources almost as fast as I can get them, while I can only get 50000 gold/elixer max from the places I can actually beat, even after hitting next 50+ times. Time to drop trophies and hope to hoard gold from mines?

Are you using Thinkmeats Supreme from the OP? Swap out your TH for your Lab for a quick 12 hour shield. People will drop a handful of archers for the easy win and move on. Its a solid design too.

TH6 seems like the first major time sink. I have the best luck with barch when I have some time to play. Six WBs and a couple of heal spells. Just skip forever until you find a base worth over 100k gold and elixir with, at most, yellow walls. Pick a side with weak AoE and unleash your horde. Make sure to check the CC too. I drop a line of barbs, then a line or archers. Drop WBs, a heal on the breach, and drop the other 40 barbs and 40 archers and my CC. Drop the other heal when the first fades on the biggest clump of barbs, and hopefully you can roll through the rest of the base.

I also like 2 healers, 7 giants, 6 WBs, and the remainder in archers and barbs.

This has worked well for me. The amount of farming seems daunting, and upgrade times are measured in days. So play Boom Beach too!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Khablam posted:

Heal gives HP multiple times, so barbs getting blasted down to red by a mortar will be returned to full HP almost instantly each time.
I use heal with barching, as it can give your little guys enough tank to go two layers deep to break into storages; it gives you lots more potential targets whilst still being a super cheap army.

This. I find it more effective than lightning, and I don't have rage yet (which will be awesome, I can't wait). Without heal spells they get squished by wizard towers and mortars. No healing works fine if the collectors are outside the walls and that's where the loot is.

I find the most important part of barching isn't the heals tho, it is picking the right target: TH6 or less (an equal TH level to me). The less AOE the base has, the better. I've raided a few bases with purple walls or higher if the collectors are full and easily accessed. But once they are destroyed my army quickly gets decimated by the defenses behind walls that my WBs have trouble breaching. Plus all the extra wall segments mean even more compartmentalization which is tough to overcome with a weak army.

The toughest part is the timing between troop placement and heals. I'm still learning, but it seems effective if I drop 20/20 of archers and barbs to destroy the buildings outside of the walls on the side I am attacking, then drop a heal, drop the 6 WBs, then try to drop the rest of my army and CC while the heal is still rolling.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Well you can attack other people bases, does that make it multiplayer? It lacks a guild structure like CoC. It also lacks retaliation. The players you see on the map are not the ones who see you on theirs.

I'm working on a OP for Boom Beach, but I don't know a whole lot so its requiring a bunch of research.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I will post my half done OP for Boom Beach when I get home, so we can stop derailing this thread. I'd appreciate input anyway.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Secret Sweater posted:

I must visit physiologic doctor for this insult.

New thread subtitle?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Fragmaster posted:

Done.

Also I think mankind has collectively wasted about 10,000 days arguing about when they should upgrade their Town Hall in Clash of Clans, which is annoying because usually the discussions go like this:

Person 1: should i go to [next TH up]
Person 2: you should max everything
Person 3: no that's stupid just upgrade
Person 4: you'll be sorry if you don't max everything
Person 1: I ignored all this and am upgrading

Ha, thanks. Also, put this in the OP, Ixo.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Looks kinda like a bong :catdrugs:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Ceros_X posted:

My wife posted this on my fB wall. I wonder if she is trying to tell me something?

http://youtu.be/xjUVYSnjeFg

I'd watch it, but I am too busy playing.

The parts with him and his baby girl is literally my life.

"Seriously? Just go around."

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
WeSpent500Dolla: not spergy enough for you.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
How to play Boom Beach:

*Play once per day. Collect resources. Spend diamonds to start an upgrade since you can't afford it.

*Never attack other players unless the base is very poorly designed. You will lose.

*Never attack the non-player bases. Doing so will raise your trophy count and you will no longer find players with dumb bases.

HTH

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Please make a PowerPoint presentation on barching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I tried looking at the .pptx on my phone with a couple different MS apps but it would not open. :smith: