Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ixo posted:

You'll likely get frustrated later in the game......

Whys that...? Genuinely interested as this game is pretty fun so far but i don't want to grind up and find there's a massive shitfest waiting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I can bench press 2x50KG Dumbbells

I also donate as much as i can and would like a clan invite

my name is

"thabuttemuncha"

which i now regret but i've invested about 2 weeks into this game so far and i dont really feel like resetting.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
goon lifting crew is the chillest crew of all

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Requested_Username posted:

I'm a horrible individual indoctrinated by RTS games and every time I upgrade my town hall I have to obsessively upgrade every single resource collector to the maximum available before moving on to other things

i too suffer from this stupid affliction, im at TH 5 and the grind to get all my collectors maxed out is gonna take another approx 2 weeks, in the meantime i raid sporadically throughout the day which means my collectors are almost always full to the brim with nothing to spend any of it on because my 3 builders are all in the middle of 3 day collector upgrades.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

Eh, Once you get into the day and two day upgrade times I think you're better off just going up to the next TH level. I usually upgrade my collectors while my TH is upgrading as they are fairly cheap and I can still have a lot of gold/elixer to start the new TH stuff I get. I'm not regretting this either, I've fairly efficiently gone up in level without spending the time/builders to upgrade. Of course this whole argument is moot if you have 4 or 5 builders at a low level TH.

I think this is a great approach and your totally correct, unfortunately im a massive sperg lord so this wont do at all.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Or when you drop 50 archers near a wall and they all piss off to aimlessly pew pew at builders huts and army caps while your giants smash themselves against multiple cannons at once

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Am i doing this wrong or are gold and elixir really unbalanced in this game? It seems that gold is almost worthless as i always have my stores pretty much maxed out but im constantly way behing in the blue stuff and constantly have to raid for more.

It would be pretty sweet if you could use gold for other stuff other than walls and defence upgrades, even if it was REALLY expensive cos ive always got so much to burn. Ive currently got a million in the bank and nothing to spend it on for the next few days until my upgrades are done.

EDIT: Even if you could give it to other clan members, like a gift option.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Gold and a Pager posted:

They are bad at defense and if you are going to attack, having 20 archers/5 wizards/1 dragon is going to do a lot more than 4 extra giants.

At what level do wizards start becoming useful?

ive tried using them in the past and they seem to just get chewed up really quickly and they take an age to make so making loads of them is kinda out of the question.

giants are pretty useful if you use them in conjunction with a healer,as they will pretty much clear out a bases defenses providing you get rid of the air missiles first.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I recently went to TH7 and im finding it impossible to grind my stores upto anything past 1.5million.

As soon as i get over a million i get wailed on and someone takes 2 or 3 raids worth of gold/drank off me so ive got to wait 30 mins to get my army back up and then start again.

Does this mean that the cost of things once you get to TH8 start to become impossible to reach? at the moment theres no way i can get the 2million to upgrade my dragon

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

RVT posted:

Based on our limited experience, it seems like the clans have an elo.

2poor was matched up against some turds for the first war, matched up against another 1-0 clan for the second, and matched up against a 2-0 clan for the third.

This could be just random, but until we have more data I'm going to go with the theory that there is a clan elo.

That seems pretty likely.

Lifting Clan (the best clan) also fought pubbs in the first war, and then had a high ranking asian crew demolish us in the second war.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Electric Light Orchestra.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
i always go with 4 WBs to be honest, once your inside the initial walls, theres no guarantee that the WBs will break the walls you want them to, and also, once your in the middle of things, your guys are either gonna get chewed up or their not so opening up new walls is not always worth it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

jm20 posted:

We all seem to be winning endlessly so this begs the question, has any goon clan lost in clan wars?

Lifting crew got trounced so are now standing 3 - 1

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Secret Sweater posted:

Pls don't post my alt accounts

I guarantee that there's some sperglord who has a clan somewhere which is entirely made up of him and 49 of his alts.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Khablam posted:

It's perfectly viable if you want to press 'next' for 20 minutes at a time to find the few people doing the same thing. Everyone else will be a stupid low TH level with a 99% loot penalty.

Thats been my experience as well, whenever ive dumped trophies its really hard to find bases worth raiding, in the end i resorted to knocking over bases with 30Ks worth of resources as cheaply as possible until i got back up to around 1000 trophies.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I max everything out including collectors and upgrades, it just gives you more time to collect resources so you can hit your most expensive upgrades first at the next town hall level.

On a separate note, Level 5 Barbarians are tough little bastards.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
someone mentioned a few pages back that theres a script for bluestacks to enable you to drop trophies super quick, any one know anything about this?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ixo posted:

Sub 200 farming can be profitable if you're th6-8 because you get 50-100k with just a tiny handful of goblins. The downside is that it requires you to sit there and raid nonstop for long periods of time, otherwise people will give you their cups constantly and push you out of the 200s. 4 or 5 of our clan tried it out and gave up after a few days.

Im TH8 and I do it pretty regularly when I need 2 mill PE for an upgrade. Its poo poo for gold as you have to next next next a few times but your goblin army is cheap as gently caress so you rack up PE pretty quickly. You do need to spend a few hours doing it but if your stuck for anything better to do it can be profitable. You cant stay down there but tthats not the point, you spend 5 mins dropping cups to get there and then raid non stop while you rack up the PE. You can pick up about 200K in about 15 mins of raiding.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I tried barching and found it hard to make a dent in anything. In fact my first three attacks gained me a net profit of not far off zero so I quickly went back to my old methods.
A guide on barching would be greatly appreciated.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
this is gonna sound like some sort of self help advert but...

Im TH8 and was consistently skint and short of Gold & PE until i decided to give barching a try. the first few goes were fruitless but after reading the goon breakdowns a few pages back im now absolutely rolling in it, ive L5 Telsas dropping in a few days and all my builders are flat out with more than enough in the bank for the next upgrades.

Thanks to the goons who broke that down cos it totally works.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Jaysus posted:

drat, apparently the clan we are warring right now does the whole "ghost" thing. One of our guys watched a battle live and it never happened. Now they're winning. poo poo sucks.

whats the whole "ghost" thing?

Are they actually ghosts? If so how can you tell?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
whens this update taking place?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
At the moment im at town hall 8 with EVERYTHING other than walls maxed out, this includes lab upgrades (except for DE upgrades). Im currently chugging through my walls maxing all of those out before i move up to 9.

Allowing me to use PE to upgrade walls will pretty much half the amount of time i will spend maxing my walls so in that respect its a good thing, on the other hand, Clan Wars will start to become a little more interesting because i wont have pretty much unlimited PE to pump out 10 or so L3 Dragons to give out to fellow clan members and neither will most other people so there wont be a dragon or a ton of maxed out wizards in every clan castle.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I wonder if anything will be done in the next upgrade to balance the disparity of DE in this game?

Im TH 8 and ive saved pretty much all the DE i have and put that into my BK so hes level 6. But other than that there's no way i would ever consider wasting it on DE troops as they are too expensive. And i dont think im alone in that as ive never been attacked by anything above a Hog and 98% of the DE troops that i see in attacks are minions, and im assuming that's probably due to the fact that DE upgrades are crazy expensive and most troops are useless at anything less than L3.

EDIT: the next sneek peek is apparently a few hours away,

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 10, 2014

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Next update is up, its not that interesting.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Seditiar posted:

It's actually a pretty good update. I often have to dump troops because a newbie (or just a loving idiot) throws a barbarian in my 20/25 war request and thus wastes 5 wizards.

Thats already in place for Clan Wars, this just makes it available in everyday play. Dismissing from army camps is new but i just dump what i have and don't want into an attack and at least get some gold for them.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Seditiar posted:

You can, but you (obviously) won't get any resources for it. And even if you did, it would still waste good troops because someone can't read.

But then why not just attack another camp as you would normally, you will usually get at least as much gold back as you spent on purp, you loose some trophies but hey who gives a poo poo

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Booties posted:

I'm poor as poo poo at TH8. Is Silver I still a good trophy range for farming or do I need to be in Gold II? I was in Gold III for a while at TH7 and it was horrible.

I was the same for a while but then I started barching and now I'm rich as gently caress.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Hugo from GTC finds the best bases.

I dont know what that base would even get you? Why would you do that?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Hitchensgoespop. 2014
The Internet

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Lifting clan is the best clan mainly because once i was drunk and filled everyones clan castle requests with L1 goblins.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Why give 1 goblin when you can give 15 or 20 or even 25, fill em up and let em fly.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I too am an autistic nazi and rule the liftingbro clan with an IRON fist.

Anyone who dares build a goblin or cast a L1 hog during a war gets roughly fingered in the bum hole then kicked from the clan.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Anybody wanna go outside?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I just think we all need some air.

How about we all put down our phones and take 24 hours off from this game....

Get some.......perspective.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Which clan would be best for a chill, active player who spends most of his time rearranging his base to make it symmetrical and attacking other players with novelty army set-ups? Also currently TH3 and upgrading everything before TH4 (raiding other low-level folks is so easy). Not interested in trophies.

2legit2lift is the supreme chill bro crew

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Update is being applied right now it seems

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Aethernet posted:

Also a fourth mortar is ridiculous and is going to make barching considerably more tricky

I was just thinking this whether this was done to combat the popularity of barching and the like.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
general opinion seems to be an extra mortar but ive not read anything definite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Question for any barchers - have you ever tried barching at around 1700 trophies? I'm there at the moment and the loot seems severely lacking. I find myself attacking bases with 6th of loot just to get an attack in.