Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Lorini posted:

Me either.

The problem with immediately upgrading your TH's is that you are going to upgrade past your defenses. As far as I understand it, you get attacked based on your TH level, so if you don't upgrade your defenses but keep upgrading your TH's, then you'll just be constantly stolen from after awhile. I never upgrade a TH until all my defenses (except walls) are upgraded first.

You get attacked based on your trophy number, but higher THs get less for attacking you (they're actively penalized a certain % of their loot) and generally have more expensive troops, so.

Do not neglect your air defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Clash of Clans makes Boom Beach better.

So many players of the latter are completely focused on maxing out every building before upgrading their HQ when you're a lot better off pushing it as high as it can go to get more landing craft, troops, abilities and research. Defense on the Beach is pointless outside of Resource Bases!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

Is that just for psychological reasons? It really shouldn't matter, it's just a set amount of resources and time in for building/upgrade out. It could be 30 builders or 1 builders and be the same in the end. Is it actually balanced that it's 5x slower in boom beach? I would imagine they made the build times appropriate to compensate for the lack of builders.

e: I just looked it up, the highest level buildings seem to take around 1-2days to complete which seems roughly in line with 8+ day upgrades with 5 workers? If anything it seems advantageous because you aren't given 5 builders to begin with in CoC.

ee: I guess it would mean you would have to janitor your upgrades more often whereas some of the poo poo in CoC you set and come back in a week.

It's also the fact that lower level upgrades still take 2-4 hours so you can't just blitz the first few levels like you can in CoC.