Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I've been playing the electronic crack that is CoC for a few weeks and finally stumbled upon this gem (no pun intended) of a thread. I'm working on maxing TH 7 and resisting the temptation to buy more gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Are there any goon clans that aren't full?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

RCarr posted:

Might have a spot or two opening DoUEvenLiftBro? Send an invite and I'll see if there's any inactives to boot.

Request sent.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Built the TH8 "Tempest" last night. Are there supposed to be 6 unused walls?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

ixo posted:

Yes. Much like ikea furniture, those extra pieces are superfluous and mainly serve to make you question your own ability to construct bases/Bookshelves. The base should actually be named EKBY FLIPTORP and will disintegrate if you ever decide to move.

drat Ikea and CoC they are not for the OCD :argh:

On the topic of OCD: I refuse to upgrade walls in odd numbers because it makes me insane if the colors of my walls are not symmetrical.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Glad you guys took down the reddit spergs. Their subbreddit is making me laugh pretty hard right now.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Does anyone have suggestions for a good elixir farming army? I'm Th9 with 200 troop capacity. I have level 2 hogs and minions, level 5 arch/gob/wb/giant/barb/balloons. I don't have valkyries or pekkas yet. I'm sitting right around 2075 trophies.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Would either of you care to share your barch/bam comp?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
"Melt Down" (leader is Bomberman and clan has somewhere around 31 members) is a goon friendly clan that I co-lead. We have 17 war wins and are looking for more elitist assholes who want to win clan wars. Not the clan for you if you are a "play when pooping only" player.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I'm TH9 in crystal 2 and still managing to see TH6 and 7's when I search for matches. How the hell are people this low getting that many trophies? I want a gold refund for having to skip bases like this with less than 1k gold/elixir available :argh:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

gromdul posted:

Please make a PowerPoint presentation on barching.

️Seconded.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
It may be a dumb question but I literally can't find anything in the OP about it. How are you guys making and sharing gifs of attacks? Is there some emulator that allows you to play CoC on a computer?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Finally got my base up and running on Genymotion. Is there something I can get that will keep me logged in overnight?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Has anyone managed to make a reliable butthole layout for TH9? These replays are making me want one.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Secret Sweater posted:

No, the one I've been posting replays of is useless and the replays are the product of months of toiling in adobe after effects. They never happened.

Haven't seen a layout of your base posted (just the small .gifs or screenshots of defense logs) since 22 July, which is notably before the below post. Share your secrets butthole master.

Secret Sweater posted:

3 raids today, continuing with the trend of spending a shitload on armies and not getting much out of it. But at least these guys stood to gain some reasonable loot unlike the hogtard that revenged me.

The dragon raider deployed in a second buttehole I didn't even know I had :monocle: (Our programmers quickly deployed Bhole v1.3.1 to patch the error)

morning wood fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 30, 2014

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

waffledoodle posted:

"JESUS CHRIST YOU loving DRAGON, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING" is a thing that my coworkers got to hear me scream repeatedly during today's war.

I too enjoy spending nearly 1 million elixir on dragons and spells for wars and hoping the down's syndrome troops that are dragons manage to blindly stumble upon the townhall and air defenses. :downswords:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

b0ng posted:

I stick by 3x lightning on an AD with all L3 dragons. The BK usually cleans up some trash on the exterior and the dragons typically move in from there. 2 stars is still perfectly acceptable when you're hitting guys higher placed on the war map than yourself. We've been getting matched up with scrublords doing 30's but it's at least allowed our lower people to TH snipe and what not to ease the resource costs. At least this clan probably understands the junk we talk in the description.

That's an awful lot of rage spells you are missing out on.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Here is my current war base. I have yet to be three-starred.

e: made the picture smaller

morning wood fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 1, 2014

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I finally gave in and tried the "trophy ringus" layout. Waking up with 50+ trophies is a normal thing. :getin:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I went from 1700 to 2100 trophies using the ringus layout and barching. All five of my builders have been constantly busy. The notion that you have to use top level armies for loot in crystal is nonsense. :eng101:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
"Melt Down" has ~5 spaces open right now. We're looking for more TH8+ people who are interested in winning clan wars. Wars are every Tue/Fri and a must participate event. Say something about knowing "woodab" (me) in your request.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
What level minions are needed for effective loonioning? I should be getting my max balloons started later today and wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time with level 4 minions.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Sweet thanks for all the loonion feedback. I am anxiously awaiting my 10 day research time.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Any suggestions on trophy range for TH9 farming? I'm most interested in gold and DE. I've been hovering between 2000-2100 trophies while barching, but am having poo poo luck finding empty bases.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

padijun posted:

I dropped back down to gold 1 because crystal 3 was poo poo for empty bases.

I dropped a bunch of trophies today too and the empty bases have reappeared. Weird how empties were suddenly nowhere to be found in crystal 3.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
So does joining an enemy clan after prep day starts and taking screenshots of all their bases to post on my clan's website make me a bad person?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

ixo posted:

Hey pekkas, 2Poor wants to war with you. Have one of your leaders send me a PM and we'll see if we can coordinate button pressing.

Oh snap throwing down the gauntlet.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
It's hilarious that they tweeted that to the clash of clans twitter. Making tryhards mad never gets old.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
So I'm looking to add another army to my clan war arsenal. At TH9 I'm currently using max (for me) giants, arch, wizz, wb, and level two valks. I can't remember the last time I have got less than 5 stars in a war, but I think that some bases are better suited for a different army composition and it would be nice to have options. The two that interest me most are GoWiWi and GoWiPe. Which one should I focus on getting first? Also it should be mentioned that I'm lazy and stopped upgrading dark barracks once I got two that could make valks.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
My prediction for wall change is letting you use elixir to upgrade them. I think too many people would rage if they dropped the price.

e: Although I suppose they don't care too much about people raging (see hero update).

morning wood fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 2, 2014

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Aethernet posted:

Real men raid all that DE over several painful and pointless TH 7 weeks.

:colbert:

Some people also refer to this as masochism.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

McSpankWich posted:

I wish they would change the damage stats to say how much each thing does in a single shot. Like 9dps on a mortar means nothing to me. I want to know how much damage that flaming doom ball will do when it lands, so I can tell if it will one shot archers/barbs/wb's/wizards/etc. Same with archer towers, tell me how much each arrow does!

One of you spergs figure it out

This has been my gripe from the beginning. Why do we give a poo poo how many damage a defense/troop does in a second? I want to know exactly how many shooty ladies and hogans to drop on one defense to ensure its destruction.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
They better do this drat wall update soon. I'm tired of hoarding my gold. :argh:

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Mile'ionaha posted:

Keep telling yourself that.

Amazed you've been around since 2004 if you're this hypersensitive. The porker on the right easily passes for a hog rider.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

morning wood posted:

My prediction for wall change is letting you use elixir to upgrade them. I think too many people would rage if they dropped the price.

e: Although I suppose they don't care too much about people raging (see hero update).

Had to bring this one back. Still wish they would have lowered the price too.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
It will be nice to have something to spend purple drank on when finishing up TH9. I'm almost at the end of my elixir upgrades and still have a ways to go on walls and defenses so I'm fairly happy with the change.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Sassafrasquatch posted:

Is that gonna be permanent? Cause I love it.

No. From CoC FB "The Bad News: Wizard Time is almost over. Get the most out of the reduced price and training times while you can, they'll end with the next update!
The Good news: Sneak peeks are coming soon!"

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I also think they fail to realize SC has done their job the moment a player buys gems. These guys saying they have spent tons of money on gems and are going to quit don't bother SC at all (or at least they shouldn't).

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I really hope that increasing collector/mine levels is included in the SC plan to "fix" the economy. Farming for level 6 archers made me want to die. :suicide:

e: I didn't realize what an asperger's goldmine the SC sneak peaks thread is. Priceless.

morning wood fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

gromdul posted:

:frogout:

Its just as appropriate to talk about in in the Android thread. Go bother them!

(I am not even a little jealous)

Fixed and seconded. This Star Wars talk is painful.