Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Thanks to the OP and everyone for all the really useful information. I'm on day four or five or something with a soon-to-be TH4 and I kind of squandered my first three days. Though I somehow won against the first person who tried to attack me. Still not sure how that worked out.

UGievArchers: Thanks for accepting me (IGN: witko) even though I am basically useless to you at this juncture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Margaret Thatcher posted:

This new update looks like it could be some fun. Are there any goon clans with free spots?

I'm DrunkenWarlord in game.

Come join us in UGievArchers. It's magical.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

DryOatmeal posted:

Definitely will be looking for a new home if anyone will have me! (clan lacks participation)

UGievArchers has space and we'll treat you right baby. (Although, you may be the beefiest person we have if you join.)

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Ice Fist posted:

Just joined UGievArchers. You're all probably screwed now. Sorry.

I just visited your village (assuming you are vshiely) and we're basically at the exact same point in upgrading/development. I like your village design and I'm contemplating stealing it.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
edit: Never underestimate the power of a drunk goon with a GPlay gift card.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 17, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Hey UGievArchers, we can still win this war if our big guys get on and take their last attacks. We're only five stars down, the enemy is out of attacks, and we have several left. Make up for lovely people like me who couldn't even get one star!

edit: poo poo, I guess they did have attacks left. I thought I looked at all of them. :( Still, only four down now!

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 18, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Hey kobo from UGievArchers, this is what I see when I visit your base :v:

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
You'd have to put a camp in the middle and fill it completely with bloons so you make sure you get the right effect. :goatsecx:

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

jaete posted:

I love this game. It's pretty slow going for a casual nublet like myself, but I don't mind. My main account is TH8 and I think I've been playing for around 10 months. Hmm, that's actually a scary amount of time.

The walls don't bother me either - once you've upgraded everything else, the only use for elixir is making big armies, which are pretty good for getting gold. Already at TH7 you get dragons which are lots of fun once you no longer need to worry about elixir.

Welcome to UGievArchers, please accept your complimentary cocktail and bong rip. :shobon:

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

But Not Tonight posted:

why thank you

*heaves his mass out of his extra large steelcase, straining to reach for the bong, all the while huffing and puffing from exertion*

I TOLD YOU I STEELED MYSELF AND I MEANT IT.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Ice Fist posted:

UgeivArchers lost its second war by a narrow margin.

It wasn't -that- narrow. :(

Regarding UGievArchers, though, a goon friend of mine wants to join and I know we've had other requests. When are we going to purge (and also do another clan war)?

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Davey, leader of UGievArchers, is MIA. RIP Davey please press the start war button in heaven.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

TraderStav posted:

TH5, KRZiMMY

It's really hard to tell, but the "K" may or may not be capitalized. 1190 trophies, and you did have a TH5 before whoever it was came through and thoroughly demolished your base.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Hope it was worth it, buddy.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Amplicon posted:

I have one of those too. It was all over in about 30 seconds

Haha nice.

It just kills me that I had so very little loot to begin with since I'd just blown it all on upgrades and he comes in and drops like 50x as much in elixir-training as he could have ever hoped to gain from me. I can only hope he was drunk.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&type=1&theater

Omar Sayed Ahmad's comment.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
UGievArchers is the Hot Topic: Michael Moore of CoC.

That was a really dated reference.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Kid posted:

UGievArchers

My new account has rebuilt the clan castle again, Can I have my lost account kicked (KRZimmy) and replaced with this one? New name is "grrr"

Posted in clan chat about it. Davey's on vacation right now so he's not been around a whole lot, but I'm sure he'll see it at some point.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
We do have co-leaders as of this morning. UGievArchers is a traditionally chill clan, we'll... see how this goes.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Blumpkin has actually been cool as hell since he joined UGievArchers. Maybe we have that affect on people, or maybe there were extenuating circumstances in the other clan he was in (I have no clue, I only saw the thread drama) but he's been A-OK in my co-leader book.

UGievArchers: We Cool As Hell

Spiderjelly posted:

Extrafox, we need to fire up pseudobabble at some point

I still have the thread bookmarked, but it seems people always play when I'm not around. I'm a little worried I've lost my touch. Also holy poo poo, has it really been over ten years since we started playing the original Psychobabble?

edit: The thing I play more often now (though still not THAT much) is Boardgame Online. If you haven't dropped by that thread, I highly recommend it. It's like Calvinball with goons and poo poo.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
UGievArchers friends: I dropped my phone and it completely ruined my display. I'm working on a replacement (I had insurance) but if I'm not around for a bit, please be kind. I'm witko in the game.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I read a few reports in here of people having issues restoring their accounts on new devices/after a re-install and having just gone through it, I can't recommend linking your device to Google+ enough. Brand new phone, fresh install of CoC, and the only thing you have to do is run through the tutorial (which was an adorable little burst of nostalgia for how simple the game starts out) and then link your device. It took less than two minutes, tutorial speed run included.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Cbear posted:

Did you do that without linking to another device first?

I'm thinking of buying a tablet just as a backup.

Basically, I linked my account on my old phone, summarily murdered my old phone so that it only functioned as an After Dark screensaver, and when I bought my replacement phone, I just downloaded the app and then signed in to Google+ and my account was restored. You don't need another device, just link your poo poo before something bad happens.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I am on Android, so Google accounts are a heavy portion of what I use to log in to various apps, but is there no option to download the Google+ app on an iPhone? As long as you have the G+ app, you should be able to use it to link applications.

edit: I have no idea how iPhones work. But the more I hear about their limitations, the happier I am about having an Android.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 14, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Filboid Studge posted:

I could use a new clan, my current one is sorta disintegrating. I have more-or-less maxed TH8. Any goon clans need a person?

Come join us in UGievArchers, friend.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Alright, what's the goon consensus on best TH7 layout. War preferred.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 25, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

poo poo is weak posted:

Heyyy why was I kicked out of ugiev? I just hit th6 and am working on it...

You gave no troops at all this season and you had an insultingly bad base layout. Someone literally said "It's like he blacked out mid build." I didn't kick you but I'm not upset that it happened.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

ixo posted:

Send a help request to supercell with all the details you have, but you're probably SOL. If anyone wants to write up a paragraph about linking your base to google play or gamecenter I can put it in the OP. I don't personally know much about it other than "you probably should do it"

There's really not much to it that requires a tutorial.

Click gears icon > Google+ Sign-In > Click "disconnected" > Enter your G+ credentials. If you ever have to re-install, you're basically hosed if you don't.

That said, Blumpkin you were a pretty big asset to our clan and we'd like to keep you around. I don't know if you ever did any IAPs but if you can provide receipts for those, as well as "Blumpkin SA", TH9, 668 trophies (at the time of writing this), then maybe you can get some help from them.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Secret Sweater posted:

"Mangosteen Gemlord", TH10, 420 trophies.

He was cool to us, think what you will. Plus watching him go down the rabbit hole of dumping trophies until he was in the pit of despair with only other TH8-10s raiding just unholy amounts of resources was pretty awesome.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Cbear posted:

What's the point of the disconnect step?

It just displays as "disconnected" until you actually connect the accounts. Once you go through the steps, it displays as "Connected".

Furthermore, if you already have your G+ or Facebook accounts configured on your phone/tablet, simply clicking "disconnected" will pop up a brief window that does the whole thing for you, and then you're done. It's a two-click process in that scenario.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 27, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Cbear posted:

Oh yeah mine always says connected. I'm tempted to get a tablet just to have 2 devices with my account just in case. If I lost my account I would definitely quit now. Too much work!

Ditto. I'd probably throw an internal tantrum for about 20 minutes, drink a beer, and find something else to play.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

TraderStav posted:

Is this really a viabe strategy?

It worked for him. He can probably be more descriptive but basically he dropped cups until he got down well below any rankings, and scoped for people his TH level to raid for untold riches. He'd also wait for them to come attack him, scope their base, and then go revenge on them for all of their loot. It seemed to work well and it was funny watching him do it.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Philosopher King posted:

I'll try and get back in asap. If anything my base is still on top and set up for the same bait strat that seems to have been working the past few wars. If you really need the space I understand and you can boot me.

You didn't get included when the game set up the war this time. I don't know what that bodes for you restoring your account, but I'm a little worried for you. It's like the game already decided you're just not there.

For the record, we considered kicking you, but I thought it might be better to keep you in the clan for now (since UGievArchers has plenty of room) in case it helps your account get restored.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I think it varies from clan to clan and depends also on the circumstance. UGiev has a lot of L3 donations, and it's basically expected, but we're on average a lower-leveled clan. During war time, it's understood that people will be specific in their requests for certain levels and types.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Join UGievArchers, we like you.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 31, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Blump how's your poo poo? We're doing a small purge after this war, and you're probably out. Sorry kiddo.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Three fresh, new spots have opened up in UGievArchers if anyone is looking for a place to call home.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

vulturesrow posted:

I'd definitely like to get into one of the goon clans since I am now playing this regularly again. I would like to do it with one of the clans that does some semi-organized clan war stuff. Does this apply to you guys?

We are pretty active in Clan Wars, for sure. I don't think we're at the ultra-high level of other goon clans that hit start war as soon as the last one ends, but we're aces with war/regular donations and helpful to new folks looking for advice.

And apparently my pet peeve is TH7+ sniping the lowest level opponents before our lower TH folks have a chance so, uh, don't do that.

But Not Tonight posted:

You're a heartless monster! Blumpkin was coming back!!

He'll live on in our hearts. :shobon: RIP Blump, gone but not forgotten.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

ixo posted:

Crystal league rules. Today rules.

This reminded me that I had a dream last night that, among other things, included me realizing I'd somehow hit Crystal league. Considering I recently spent days doing all gob raids and am like Silver 2 or something, recognizing how impossible that was actually woke me up.

Then I had a dream about trying to smuggle my cat into prison, but I've been watching all of the new season of Orange is the New Black so yeah.

I swear I have a real life that includes many real, exciting things. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
One spot just opened in UGievArchers. Join us before we start the next war on Thursday or Wednesday or whenever we decided it was going to be.