Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

padijun posted:

GTC is facing our most dangerous foe yet:

Fill your vape tanks, Dads. We shall spread the good word one star at a time, while remaining smoke free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Pleased with my first poo poo Twister run. I'm a low TH8 and 6/11 dragons were murdered as soon as they sniffed the core. The leftover 4 were picked off by point defenses. 81% for 1 star.

Now we're gonna lose anyways because I either experienced a fugue state or am really horrible and 2-starred a TH6.

Edit: http://imgur.com/OciQtI5

ClumsyThief fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 28, 2014

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Trip Report: Goon Tang Clan was forced to submit for the second time by Canadians with different punctuation. However, the TH8 poo poo Twister remained true, giving up only one star, and hockey is still underfunded in the States and not really covered by ESPN.

Our next matchup seemed reasonable, until I saw it. A twister. Of poo poo.

http://imgur.com/rCrNTls

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Diplomat posted:

Stolen from some guy on reddit and slightly modified. It's what I will be using once my TH completes.

I built this and have been happy thus far, but you really need to sit on a ton of loot for a few days to see how farm bases perform. I just swapped the DE storage and CC in mine and shuffled some traps around.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

padijun posted:

GTC will have an open slot in 10 minutes

Wouldn't have this prob if you guys had just taken shmorky ok

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone have a giant healer comp they recommend for clan wars at TH8? I have L5 barbs, archers and wizards and giants are next. Dragoning my whole way through TH7 made me lazy and I'm having a hard time finding a consistently successful setup. Mostly I've been doing 16 giants, 6 WB, 2 healers and the rest archers with wiz in my CC but I think there could be something better. The only upgraded DE troops I have are L2 minions and I don't have pekkas unlocked. Though I'd upgrade a barracks if they're worth it at level 1.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Chubbs posted:

Looks like he went full offense and is only now building up defenses.

I've seen a few heavy gemmers pull this on YouTube and the other CoC boards. Max offense and worry about defense later. Because they're logged in most of the time and fund most progress through cash->gems they just worry about being able to attack, and don't even really play until TH9 or 10. When his Mom pays her credit card balance down he'll up the defenses. Gonna go look at his gold grab and stuff now.

Edit. He's not in the actual Quantum's Web now.

ClumsyThief fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 3, 2014

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

nexous posted:

This ia pretty much the only reason I play.

#throwback #dalnet #finalfantasy

Sup dude

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Goontangclan seems like a good mix of barchy fun wars and disappointing (only because folks don't use all their attacks) try-hard wars.

It's more like GTC is pretty static in participation so we win our good match ups and those in which we're undermatched, and lose when we get pitted against Asian honors students. Or even merit level Asian students. And I think that one(two?) Canadian clan(s) that Maple Leaf'd us. Throwing up 120 stars in a loss to Reddit was an outlier born of irrational malice.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

JamesJBuffalkill posted:

Quick question: how does that first TH8 base in the OP stack up against more spread out bases that take up most of the real estate? This one seems to have great coverage from defenses on almost all structures, but having everything so close together seems like it may make it quicker to roll through.

Spreading things out makes point defenses a little more effective as they'll get more time to fire on troops. Splash seems to be more effective in tightly packed bases because troops will group up and be more likely to catch mortar and wiz tower fire. At least that's what I've noticed.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

TH8 ideas.

I found this on CoC builder. Farming base, closed walls(no funneling). Has worked very well for a month. The only attacks to get more than 2 storages have been high TH9s and a few 10s. I'm just going to move my new drill into the perimeter because I tap a lot.

http://i.imgur.com/UYVoBWq.jpg

This is the poo poo Twister I've been using since the fourth mortar. Over two months and I've had one 3 star dragon defeat, and 3 or 4 losses to decent gowipes. Everything else has been 60-90% one stars and pretty often I don't get attacked at all.

http://i.imgur.com/pvGevkP.jpg

Edit: The skeleton traps are set for air in the twister. They usually stop dragons for a few seconds while within range of 1-2 ADs.

ClumsyThief fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 14, 2014

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

So is barching really dead now? Seems a lot harder now which sucks since I found out how effective this is literally 2 days ago :(

It's tougher against targets higher level than your current barbs/archers. Still easily the most cost effective farming option. I've had a tougher time getting 50% wins while doing it but taking snipes with my BK as I go offsets the trophy losses mostly. Throwing in a few giants to tank helps if you're having problems clearing all the reachable collectors.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

jm20 posted:

Just barch to crystal and hit like 3-4 inactive bases and you'll get a burger king.

Using Lightning on peoples DE storages brings out such vitriol you should hope that you have nothing to steal or value your trophies at all. That person will will be pushing revenge.

I specifically look to revenge people with a lightning on their DE and they are always under a shield. Eventually they fall far enough down my defense list that it isn't worth scrolling to find out they're shielded again. All told I can recall being revenged only a few times in the last six months and I wasn't exactly flattened during any. What kind of poop sock play style warrants a real fear of being revenged?

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

padijun posted:

rejected by lazygoons, a new low.

I slandered your name across all goon clans you'll never clash in this town again

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Ruggan posted:

Well I TH sniped my way into Masters as a fresh TH 7. Never getting that time back. At least my BK will be maxxed out soon.

King Clasher, man of many bowel problems. Did this poo poo to get Crystal and am currently planning on a nice Gold II location after the next league. Losing trophies on every barch for a bit more gold sucks.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

gromdul posted:

I like GiWiPe, but its nearly impossible to three star with it. But I can reliably 2 star, unlike dragons, with which I might as well roll a d6 to determine how many stars I will get.

Ballonion is great fun, too. As is Dragons and Balloons.

Dragons are bullshit. They're a guaranted 3-star against TH7 and lovely TH8s but horrible against anything else. You can deploy perfectly and if a pixel is to the left or right they demolish collectors and earn you a 0- or 1-star. Every so often you look like a hero because you get a batting-out-of-your-league 2 or 3, but that's it.

Not much for barching but I pulled down the elixir for a baby gowipe and PEKKA 2, so hopefully next week I can have fun attacking again.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

mephology posted:

Not sure what is with this dragon hate. Against th8s I'm at 14x 3*attacks in a row against level 6 ad th8 in wars. Use 5x max loons, 2x rage and a heal. It is hard to not get 3 stars. TH9's will eat dragons alive, but th8s are straight forward. Until you are nearly max th8 (lvl2 golem, lvl3 pekka, lvl5 wizard), dragons are the best attack from th7 on.

I'm not saying they aren't the best attack for a long time, because they are, but against anti-air bases they are pretty far from a guaranteed 3-star. I'd have to see it to believe you aren't attacking poorly laid out bases for it to be hard to not get 3, especially for 14 consecutive attacks.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

mephology posted:

:confused: why in the hell would you use an air attack against an anti air base at any point? That has to be the stupidest thing ever. For farming, just hit next. For war, if you only have an air attack, pick an nice base to air attack. Have someone else that is th8 use a ground attack. Hopefully you have teammates that will allow you to have a range of a few bases to attack from in a war. If not, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Yes I select good bases to run dragons against (note: this does not mean they are rushed and most of my streak of stars is against level 6 AD). Dragons are a really good attack, no they cannot 3 star every base, but hopefully you have teammates or yourself that can field a ground attack against those bases. If you cannot identify a good base to dragon go practice with them.

Dragon attacks are still used against anti-air targets because even in those circumstances you have better odds than giant/healer crap, and it remains that way until gowipe is unlocked and somewhat upgraded, which is where a lot of us are at. Downside of having a roster that's overwhelmingly TH7 to mid-8 bases. You confirmed what I thought though; you're getting lucky war match-ups or attacking lovely targets. Saying it's hard to not 3-star with them is dumb when you're attacking decent bases instead of poaching down the ranks.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Brosnan posted:

Probably not a good plan at TH7 since TH8+ can still just bust your poo poo open, but godspeed.

The butthole kind of faltered at TH8 too. You get one troll from traps armed if someone drops all-in, but there's not enough firepower to stop any TH9 once they're cleared and that's pretty much all that attacks me anyways aside from snipers.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Chrisis posted:

4. I tried to join four clans from the first post list and they were all full. Can the list be updated? Or at the very least can someone in a clan with space save me the :effort: of going through the whole list?

A lot of new players start and go inactive quickly so it'd probably be a pain to keep membership numbers 100% accurate. We've got 2 open slots in the reformed Goon Tang Clan if you're still looking. You wouldn't be the only low level base, and since our current dictator usurped the clan leader position we are doing pretty well with warring.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Jaysus posted:

Huh, I wonder what level I am. Is there an achievement for that at all?

Eventually you receive the exclusive opportunity to buy a rare Mighty Warrior statue for the low, low price of 500 gems!

Otherwise you level up a lot early on then spend so much time in logging in/off to tap collectors that you don't notice gains, and eventually you're earning 30k per year to Clash on YouTube. It might not sound like much, but when your parents are feeding and housing you, while paying all the utilitiy bills and possibly your cell phone it is a lot of loving money.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

causticBeet posted:

Is BAM farming still worth doing after AT buff?

I used BAM armies exclusively during the boost event with a lot of success in Crystal III. It is probably more effective overall than barch even after the archer tower changes. I only stopped using it when I began saving for Golem 2.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

What about the fun of sending 5 builders out at once to clear shrubs without having to wait 10 seconds on each one?

I need a Mexican. 0/5 free, all these bushes and mushrooms. :(

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So when sliding up to a new TH level, what would you say is more important? Getting new stuff placed and caught up or maxing the old stuff?

I bring new stuff up to the last TH level first. Satisfies my OCD by keeping things consistent and makes your base more well rounded instead of being a TH9 with perpetually golden walls scattered in your base.

Edit: Except lab and spell factory. Those get upgraded basically before anything else. Army Camps too.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

khy posted:

gently caress gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Been raiding my rear end off since every goddamn upgrade costs 2m or more for me now.

Go out, find a good target, barch them for 194k gold and 135k Lix, then two minutes later I get hit by some bloonion guy who steals 171k gold and 204k lix from me. I'm TH8, I can't fight off a bloonion attack - especially when one of my ADs is upgrading.

It's been like this for two days. And yes, my TH is fully exposed and easy to hit but everyone's ignoring it and going after my goodies.

What trophy range are you in? I maxed in Crystal I after sniping there for gems and have never been ballooned. In Crystal I was getting hit with semi-regular attacks from L6 Giants/barch, and they were all after my DE.

Try to hoard only one resource at a time. I know it's a pain but if you can keep either gold or lix <1m it makes a big difference, and if you're above Gold I drop a league and see what happens. Upgrade cheaper bombs and poo poo to burn off gold if you haven't. I've been doing well in Gold II for a few weeks now, and that includes farming Golem 2 and Pekka 3. I think the worst attack I've suffered was about 250k elixir while saving for Pekkas.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

So, I've been trying all dragon clan attacks and boy howdy, that is draining my elixir. What is another good just reached TH8 battle plan for being good at clan wars? Is it always just toss all the expensive guys out? I wanna get my upgrades done here, but I can't save up for them with all the wasted war efforts. The cost of doing all dragons even against winning doesn't seem like a solid gain.

War wins should be giving you 600k/600k/2k or so when you're hitting decent th8s and that's a good amount of gold and DE, but wars in general aren't profitable anyways relative to the time and troop investment.

Giant/healer is garbage after early TH7 and gowipe doesn't really work until you have the troops levelled. I guess you could level your hogs up if you want another option but that comp seems to fail as much as it succeeds.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

slut chan posted:

Not to be overly American, but then why do it? I thought the reason wars a thing was because you can make bank.

Fun is not an acceptable answer.

Fear of the tyrant who leads us and the glory of Goon Tang Clan.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

AmericanGeeksta posted:

That's just gnarly. What do you do with that many gems when you're maxed like that?!

Take your sperginess to the next level and tune into a stream with 10k+ viewers. They usually gem the poo poo out of armies and spells to keep people watching. No one's going to pay you $5/month to Clash if you play like a peasant and wait twenty minutes between attacks.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

GTJustin posted:

What are some of the better war cc troops? I usually donate witches/wizards/archers in that order.

Dragons are nice to sprinkle through so every CC isn't identical and Valks can still create comedy in lower level CCs, but witches and wizards are mostly the ideal, with a handful of archers to make pulling more of a hassle.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

jm20 posted:

Im looking to go on a world tour, first stop is goon tang clan should they kick someone (more inactive than me)

Is this like obamacare?

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

padijun posted:

man this lazygoons strategy of google translating "we surrender, please put a couple THs outside the walls so we can continue our losing streak" as the clan message is a great way to get money by dropping your royals twice

In a way it sounds like lazygoons is a super efficient farm clan.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

ExtraFox posted:

Wish lazygoons wasn't full. I barely do anything in this game anymore and have long abdicated the UGA throne.

Do you want to be my Joe Biden and form a laziergoons

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Mostly I wanna join Goon Tang Clan. Because it is called Goon Tang Clan, and my primitive chimp-like brain finds that infinitely amusing for some reason.

It doesn't have to be now. I'm willing to wait until a spot opens up.

Might boot someone but you have to promise to be a productive killa bee.

Edit: there's a space open now just put something goony in your join request

ClumsyThief fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 28, 2015

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Goon Tang Clan has two spaces after removing a serial war barcher and a future lazygoons superstar. We war twice a week and are almost not terrible. We've actually been doing pretty well staying at 45v45 since clan rewards launched.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Goon Tang Clan has two spots open after releasing some inactive goons back into the wild if anyone is looking for a place to vape and discuss Christian theology and watch faketrek interrogate random, foreign applicants

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Dirk Pitt posted:

I was overridden by our new leader. You should rejoin and take command.

I'm all for padijun taking command, just for the record

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Nauta posted:

please elaborate

He was called out in a clan mail for using dumb hybrid dragon attacks, and someone made a dumb joke about him requesting War Defense and he quit. No idea if that's why he quit since he didn't talk a lot anyways, but he's one of 3 or 4 people to quit, and a few more were booted for being nearly inactive.

GTC has basically been burned out since the double exp event and a half dozen or so really active players have been around less. Thinking about dropping to one war a week in the meantime simply because more and more people are opting out anyways.

Also Maugrim made me leader which is probably the single largest issue with all of this, as I have not been diagnosed with Asperger's or any kind of bowel issues.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

GTC sounds like the worst thing every time anyone describes it. I haven't decided if this is some long standing thread joke that gets immediately dispelled when someone joins, or if its honestly a bunch of meme loving 15 year olds.

We used to get a lot of bible verse applicants but for whatever reason the jokes only actually show up in posts here and I don't even get them myself so I assumed it's some goony thing I'm out of the loop on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

Maugrim posted:

I'm finding it pretty relaxing not warring at all in my tiny 4-man clan because I don't feel pressured to build special armies to fill ccs every prep day. I guess the lazygoons system also doesn't require cc filling, but it wouldn't work so well with GTC because they're already rank 4 / a bunch of wins so nobody would believe them.

We also have an awkward split of people who care about wars and people who are ready to dial it back, and the problem we had before reforming of people kind of waiting on their second attacks to see if it's worth it or not.

Next week we're going to one war per week until whenever. It'll probably result in some more defectors but I don't blame anyone who wants to tryhard elsewhere, it's just pointless right now to enforce war rules when we're like a 1/5 win rate.