Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Right now sitting at TH3, upgrading everything and getting some good farming raids on bad bases. People drop 50 or so troops on an attack nowhere near my exposed townhall and only end up grabbing a few hundred gold/elixer before my defenses wreck them all :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
What's a good point to join a clan? I'm on the verge of becoming TH5 so I figure I can't contribute much right now.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Cool. Just sent a join request to Goon Tang. If I'm poo poo kick me out or whatevs!

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Putty posted:

Star Wars... more like Star BORES

Boom Beach update: It sucks and I suck

I like some aspects of Boom Beach, specifically flares, but yeah it's right now just a time filler while waiting for my troops to generate in CoC.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Man I knew I should have upgraded my barracks sooner. Been holding off since I just barch anyways. Hopefully this doesn't end in the next day or so.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
It'd be cool if they allowed a way to exchange elixer for gold and vice versa, even if it was at something like a 2:1 exchange rate.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

khy posted:

troops in army camps will fight back against invaders, won't they?

Nope, only troops in a clan castle.

e:fb

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

padijun posted:

Trip report: our number 45 defended twice with this thing (vs their 45 and 39) before getting two starred. They were really bad, on the other hand, our guy only had level 3 walls.

I've been running around with a similar design:

I like yours more though, especially the ability to switch between farming and trophy types. If I wasn't 1 day away from upgrading to TH6 I'd probably give yours a try.

The traps seem pretty obvious on mine, but the spring traps never fail to launch at least half a blob of giants and majority of the time people manage to set off the bombs as well.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

khy posted:

MY WAIFU ISN'T BLACK

yeah but dat healer though

padijun posted:

It's really hard to tell which one is better, since these terrible germans don't understand the concept of "lure the CC." 22 giants just disappeared under mysterious circumstances during their third attack on your base

Hahaha that sounds amazing. I wish it saved all clan war replays - someone hit me before I could watch that one so all I saw was archers and goblins getting owned. Thank you whoever gave me those wizards!

No one's managed to get even one star on me yet!

edit: I'm dumb and learned how to view all replays.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 5, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

tater_salad posted:

Am I just smarter than the average pubbie or am I dumb and missing a strategy?

I've seen replays where I have 1k-2k odd each resource to get plundered yet guya will drop 5 giants 20 archers and 20 barbs. I would just click next and find an easy target with more to pillage.

Also it's really fun to watch the clan castle empty out and then all their dudes just die because spergs are generous folk.

They might be trophy hunting. If they can only 1k resources but 30+ trophies, they might consider it worth it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

khy posted:

I should have ignored 50 and gone for 48 instead, but I was focused on the easy kill. I know I could have 3-starred 48 though if I had thought it out.

My TH5 war base kicks rear end though, so far nobody above a 35 has been able to do more than 1 star me. I definitely recommend it. http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/377607

I eventually swapped the AD and the CC because hardly anyone who attacks me understands luring in the first place.

That's the base I used for TH5 and I'm backing you up on this, it's really hard to break. People had to drop high level poo poo / DB units to 3 star me.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Hmm well my army isn't ready yet but let's see if there's anyone I can leech some 'lix off of real quick and -

:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

a one in a million find, but not enough goblins to grab it all.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 18, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Booties posted:

Daaaaayummmm. Use them heal spells tho?

Cannons one shot goblins, otherwise I would have. Still made off with 200k gold 100k elix though!

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Goon Tang Clan is drama free (so far)

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Our last war was kind of like this too, only with more exposed TH's.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

padijun posted:

first time I've seen that happen

What's even funnier is I just got to TH7 so not all of my defenses are upgraded yet :c00lbert:

(I got wrecked by like 10 dragons later on though)

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Hammy posted:

If you're really geeking out, you probably should rush to TH7 because you run out of poo poo to keep the lab busy before you run out of poo poo to keep your workers busy. Of course no true sperg would ever advance without maxing their walls first as well.

A nigga that dont max his walls
A shameful nigga indeed

(Until purple walls at least, man they gets pricey)

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

khy posted:

I didn't even know that playing on a PC was an option.

If you're playing on Android, you can get this: http://www.andyroid.net/ and just sync google accounts. I use this at work on slow days when I have to look like I'm doing something other than dicking around on my phone.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

One of us

One of us

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
*mashes upgrade townhall button*

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Yeah goddamn. Just download this: http://www.andyroid.net/

Instructions
1. Download Andy
2. Run Andy
3. Download Clash of Clans
4. Sync account
5. Barch

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

McSpankWich posted:

So I just set this up, it runs extremely slowly. The emulator itself is super choppy, not even running CoC, just navigating around the android desktop is laggy as hell. Bluestacks is completely smooth, despite being annoying with the downloading random apps. They're easy enough to remove though, you just pop through the list real quick and clear it out.

Weird, it runs really smooth for me. I don't know enough about emulators to even guess at what the issue could be, though.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
poop game drama is the best drama

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I came across a town hall while barching that had a red shield sitting above its door. Any idea what that means?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
New village editor is nice

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Why make a butthole base when you can make a TH8 goatse base

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Hang out in Silver I or II, you'll regularly find bases with exposed collectors that can net you 100-300k gold per base easily. Walls will be caught up in no time.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Been aiming for masters all week so I can get my 5th builder, and its been a tough and expensive climb. Right now in Crystal I with 2483 trophies. I thought it was tough for me as a TH8, so imagine my surprise when I came across a TH6 base worth 27 trophies.

I shoved his poo poo in with 8 dragons :unsmigghh:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Well that would explain why they made barbarians and dragons build really fast. That'll probably help keep new players interested long enough to get hooked like us.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I started adding a golem in with my barches when I have a ton of DE to spare. It's super effective if there's a lot of loot deep in the base. Gladly trade 450 DE for 200,000 gold / lix.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

gromdul posted:

Name change is great. Earlier someone got raided by Dick Cancer.

I am now known as Hepatitis G.

I might change my name to Granos, please don't call the police on me though

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

nightwisher posted:

I've watched a lot of replays, specifically dragons which are notorious for displaying seemingly randomised behaviour. I do know based on observation that the game works on a much smaller scale of measurement than the grid when it comes to pathfinding, and that troops themselves are considered as a single point or coordinate. Buildings are considered an area, defined by a box that roughly matches the building's physical size. Troops have a "range" that they can attack from (even melee) defined by a circle surrouding them and additionally a "range" for finding the nearest suitable building to actually attack. What happens is that sometimes based on this more euclidean representation of distance is that a building may appear further away than another building to a particular unit (dragons in this example) but is in fact closer and so the dragons target it instead. Then there's the whole thing with defending troops and skellies becoming a priority target to certain troops but only under certain circumstances apparently.

I probably just completely talked out of my rear end one that one, but eh that's just what I've inferred. Maybe it's all just one big giant diceroll.

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/autism/helping-children-with-autism.htm

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Yeah GTC is pretty good. There's never any clan drama or a lot of meme usage, even the vape thing only comes up like twice a week. We've gotten stagnant recently but it seems more like a lull than desertion.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
My girlfriend switched phones and didn't have her old base connected via Goolge+. She connected her new base to it without thinking about it. We tried removing the CoC app data from her account and then connecting from her old phone / TH7 base, but when she logs in to Google+ it keeps detecting her new TH2 base. Is there a surefire way to delete the new base so she can link her old one, or is she screwed?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Hoping that means a spell that revives some of your dead troops as skeletons...

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Soulex posted:

So anyone. New spells. They good? Worth upgrading?

I've used earthquake spells a few times when barching. 3-4 of them (depending on spell level) will shred a chunk of walls, allowing you to get at the tasty meat gold and lix inside.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Oh hey apparently I'm now the leader of Lazygoons 2?

I don't know what to do with the power I hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Really tempted to spend the gems to get to TH9 instead of waiting the last 2 days. I've been sitting on 1,200 for the past 6 months anyways.

edit: gently caress it, did it

Fake James fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 28, 2015