Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I play this game at work way too much and I may lose my job because of it. Do we have a clan for that? I have a fresh TH6.

Booties fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I'lll wait until I get the loot from my current lovely clan's clan war then join spergs of war.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ExtraFox posted:

Join UGievArchers instead. We are now one man down.

Sorry, I had already joined spergs

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Secret Sweater posted:

^ use the link a device feature.

Come on in boys, plenty of loot in here :getin:

Got that's beautiful. Whenever I see gaps in peoples bases like that I'm afraid this will happen and I skip over.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
any good level 6 farms?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Nauta posted:

:laffo:
hoo boy you're gonna love this game

It's so casual, I love it!

e; Awwww shieeeet. Updates available now.

ee; getting and error on my phone. "unable to install to the default location". Unistalled, Reinstalled. Same error. Time to panic? Samsung GS4

Booties fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 3, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I use 150 archers and push baby push

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Ceros_X posted:

I don't like pure archers because they cost twice as much as barbs and because a mortar can one shot archers but it takes two shots for a barb tieing it down for extra time. Also barbs train quicker.

Yeah this is all true. I'm just dumb. I started down this path. I can't just not do it.

barb/arch/wb for me is 60/70/10 = 32,000 versus 18,000 for archers. The barbs get things done faster and do have a better health to cost ratio. The 100% archer army needs specific targets that you can snipe, the batch wb can attack a variety of targets.

I will try it out now.

Booties fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 12, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

The Crusher posted:

I turned off my notifications for the game, so I'm probably terribly inefficient. You belong in "Spergs of War" more than I do :negative:

No notifications is the only way to live. Might not be as bad now that I'm building TH7 and upgrades take days on end. Spergs doesn't require Yub levels of farming, but keeping your upgrades going and utilizing all your builders is important.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ExtraFox posted:

If you join UGievArchers, you'll have good luck for seven years. Repost this or your crush will ask your bff to prom instead of you.

Spergs 4 lyfe, yo

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Cyborganizer posted:

I'm in the same boat. I was always running a pretty expensive army to farm (giants, healers, WBs), but in the last few hours of running a simple barching setup, I've realized how effective it is. In the last 30 minutes alone I've farmed 750k gold. I'll be hitting TH8 in 7 hours (maxed everything TH7 except collectors and barracks), so I'm maxing my storage to hit the ground running once I'm at 8.

I did the same thing to max th6. I maxed out so quickly (besides collectors) that I have nothing to do while I wait for TH7. Just collectors to go and experimenting with new armies.

Just gotta make sure I have full gold, elixer, and clan storages so I can upgrade my poo poo right away.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

BuhamutZeo posted:

Any simple strategies for farming dark elixir at T7? :v:

Yeah, the next button.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Man, I thought spergs 2x/week was a lot. I like having the routine. I can play at work and not have to sperg out on my weekends.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
This game needs a DE research lab.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Spergs keep getting mismatches. Right now we are playing against the 3rd feeder for a clan with 5 full feeder clans. gently caress that noise. Imma bomb dat poo poo still doe.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I just tried blooning with lvl 3 balloons. Fuuuuuck that poo poo. Back to the bees for farming and giants/healers/bees to war

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Jaysus posted:

The replay you posted looked effective. What didn't you like about it? I was thinking about trying new things for the upcoming war, but I guess I might just stick with giants/healers and bees, too.

The first one i swarmed and got lucky that yubyub gave me a dragon.

The second was against a rushed TH7 with lots of resources. Anythign would have beat it.

I tried a revenge hit against a th7 and just lost all my bloons right away.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Ice Fist posted:

Level 6 isn't that bad. I finished it for TH6 before going to TH7 and I only need ~4 million to upgrade the new 50 I got.

I'm in the same boat.

quote:

What I'm not looking forward to is the 35 million I need for level 7 walls. I'm sure there's someone here who's like 'ha level 7 walls are easy'

His name is Yubyub. poo poo is nuts how fast he went from 6 to 7.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Putty posted:

we're on our way to fame and fortune now

gonna have two gamur gurls under each arm while i spam dragons at your base and drink dew

hover hands maybe. congrats?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
valks only please. tia.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Anyone spergy enough to have lvl 25 royals should win.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
2 months in the lab for th7.....:(

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

SalTheBard posted:

I'm going to be taking my phone in to get a new one. If I back it up using helium will that save my base? I also have my account linked to a tablet so I think I can link back that way correct?

So long as you're linked to google+ you should be fine.

efb, worst reflexes ever.

Booties fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 22, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
If the spreadsheet showed "without walls" as well then that would help. Including that just makes the gold required super high but doesn't affect the actual build time. That part is up to the player and how much they raid and how efficient they are with the builders.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Secret Sweater posted:

I think this website does what you guys are doing with this spreadsheet, with fancy buttons and graphics.
http://clashofclans-tracker.com/coc.pl

You have to register, but there's no email verification so you can aiushdaiush the registration page. I tried it for a few days, but really, my build times are all over a week on average and knowing the cumulative time/cost to get somewhere just wasn't something I really cared about so I stopped using it.

Yeah I don't realyl need that info. I wish there was a list of what construction you had going on. I'm not a 14 year old asian kid who is immune from seizures. I look at all the colors soemtimes and I'm like "wtf is going on?"

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I need to see balloons emanate from the bhole.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ranbo das posted:

Clash of Clans: Gifs of buttholes in action

Show me your butthole, brah

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

I can't believe my lovely idea is in this. I'll compile the average army composition if I have time today at work.

Average army based on that powerpoint (normalized army sizes to 200 units):

Barbs: ~78
Archers:~91
WBs: ~6
Giants: ~2
Gobs: 10-11

I changed my layout recently. I usually run Archers:Barsb:Gobs in a 3:2:1 ratio with 6 WBs to open things up and prevent massive archer death by mortar.

Booties fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 23, 2014

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
^^^I call it "the analrapist"

make butthole not war

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Jaysus posted:

With the help of some beautiful level 3 dragons, I finally got the Barbarian King without paying a dime. Only took a week of continuous barching.

I'm almost at 2k DE after like a week. Excited for that BK.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

dogstile posted:

Yeah DE is ridiculously hard to get. I can see where they make their money.

Yeah my office mate put all the costs of DE upgrades into a spread sheet. It made every other defensive upgrade look flat.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
spergs has 9 open spots. gotta know how to attack though or you won't last very long.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
god drat i wish i could direct WBs. I can never get them to go into the base. They always want to open up poo poo on the outside first.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I need a good the war base layout. although these kids we got matched up against probably will have awful attacks tomorrow

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Stereotype posted:

spergs has open slots and the guys we are matched against look like scrubs gently caress them I hate them

loving scrub bitches. i'm about to butthole the poo poo out of them

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Is it better to barch for DE or to actually launch a tactical attack? I feel like I gotta pass by a lot of high DE targets because I can't really penetrate the center with barching.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I guess I just gotta be patient and keep hitting next. I was in the 1250 range, but I dropped due to 1130 due to farming. I'm TH7. It just sucks right now because I am upgrading my spell factory then going to war. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Seditiar posted:

BK is often enough, if he isn't, BK + CC is by far enough, no need to sacrifice 2 dragons for 40 archers.

Yeah I had pretty good success last night with 15 archers and 5 cc wizards clearing a path for my 9 dragons. Spell placement is also pretty huge.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
3x lighting seems like a waste. You can funnel dragons towards the middle, then rage/heal them to the meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

gromdul posted:

I just used level 1 dragons for the first time in war, all trained from a single barrack. Heh. 20 archers, 9 dragons, BK, and a CC full of 5* wizards with 2 rage and a heal. Got 3 stars on both my attacks against other TH7s. Feels good, man. Expensive, but a lot of fun watching them roll around the base.

In the previous war I had two 2* attacks with giants and archers (garch?)

Something odd happened on my second attack. He had a mini-butthole that was close to the CC so I dropped an archer in it to lure the troops. Some popped out, and I tried to draw them into a corner by dropping an archer next to a builder hut. They came, but the pull seemed light. I dropped a few more archers in CC range, but nothing came out. So I circled the pulled group with my remaining archers and dropped my CC and BK. Thats when the other half of the defender's CC spilled out, including wizards. I recovered by dropping a rage spell and my dragons. Luckily my BK tanked the brunt of their attack and my dragons burned them. Very strange though.

Yeah they made it harder to lure CC troops with the patch. You need something like 3 hogs to lure them out. You should just keep placing troops in the bhole until they are all out. A giant or dragon would do the trick too.