Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

you know, guys like me wouldn't care about the foreign drivers so much if the majority of them were in the car because of talent instead of a checkbook

Well known pay driver Scott Dixon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

-Dixie pretty much had to have some local New Zealand business guys pool money to get him a shot in CART.
-Will Power pretty much would have been some failed Formula Renault driver had Mark Webber not swooped in.to campaign for the dude.
-Tony Kanaan was sleeping in garages in Italy.
-Did you know Hinch was pretty close to racing in ARCA?

loving hard to get a seat in racing. Only time it's "easy" is if your dad owns the loving team. Hell the fact that Karam made it to the level he's at today is pretty much bizarre when you think about it.

I'm struggling to think of any driver that made it without some backing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was under the impression Gordon wanted to drive Indycars originally.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Rahal could have gone to F1, but then again he might have ended up as Sullivan Mk.II.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Irrespective of that, it's not like the F1 guys were able to walk all over Indycar either.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Michele Alboreto coming in 11-15th place repeatedly in the IRL bad years was also humorous.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also the CART team owned by F3000 champion Christian Danner running Domenico Schiatterella, of all people.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

Nige loving owned though. I still maintain he was proof of time travel and Alan Turing invented it in WWII. Dude was SO British.

He's a twat.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Smoke wouldn't have made it in F1 because Bernie would've gotten in the ear of whoever was his team boss to sabotage him.

Duh.

Seriously though he wouldn't have had the connections or backing, due to not spending time in Europe.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does anybody even watch Jeopardy?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:haw:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minto Took posted:

IndyCar 2015: A wayward home for F1 dropouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sir AIDS posted:

Seriously? An entire mega thread dedicated to people watching some cars go in a circle? Congratulations! You are all complete loving troglodytes. Humanity needs another ice age to purge out all the stupids.

Welcome to the thread.

• Locked thread