Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Is there any particular reason Indy's not going to the Circuit of the Americas? I'd love to take in some open wheel circuit racing at not-F1 prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I figured it was some political "Should we run two races in Texas?" thing but if there is never open wheel racing at TMS again I'll be a happy camper.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

COTA is within driving distance and not an oval and if you were wondering why that's such a big deal it's because other than dirt tracks, that's about it. If you are talking about the southern half of an entire timezone, COTA's pretty drat well laid out because it actually exists. I want to see Indy there as soon as possible.

The name is dumb and pretentious but they built it by Austin, which is a city that's always thought highly of itself vs. its practical intelligence. :v:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Indy with a competent telecommunications arm involved is an interesting prospect indeed. My bias obviously leans toward hockey but having that kind of stuff available online could make me more than a casual fan and get me following it like F1.

Tt'll be the death of Indiecar, won't it though! Sellouts!

• Locked thread