Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

IOwnCalculus posted:

If Kim Jong Un showed up with $3m they'd still at least consider it, at this point.

It might cost Kim a bit more, but if anyone comes to Indy with a plan to get cars there and back again without costing too much, and the proverbial dump truck full of cash, and they're gonna get a date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

Unless it's at the Glen.

You have to admit, as unlikely as it would be, it'd be amazing to see open wheel cars in October (possibly during the rain and wet) run with the foliage in the background. drat picture-esque.

Yes, and the nightlife and action in Monaco doesn't hold a candle to Ithaca...

In any event, F1 would look great at the Glen, but I don't think the infrastructure is there for the whole F1 traveling roadshow.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

WindyMan posted:

Hey, I know what will get people interested in Indy 500 qualifying! Messing with the format again.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2014/03/3-7-New-Format-Enhances-Indy-500-Qualifying-Battle

Bump day is Saturday, Pole day is Sunday. Weird, but despite this it seems like it will make things more interesting. Until it rains!

Ehh, this really isn't a terrible idea, all things considered, though if you're gonna do it, do it. Make Saturday your bump day, and then on Sunday, every qualified car gets a run to get into the pole shootout. I'm not sure that it is gonna change a whole lot, I don't think that the 33rd qualifier on Saturday is suddenly gonna run pole on Sunday, but maybe there are some moves, if that second pole run is a true pole run, and not a combination of pole/get into the race.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, which is entirely possible.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Apparently some of the debris from the accident at the start wound up hitting the honorary starter-also known as the Mayor of Indianapolis. No major injuries, just some bruising on his arms.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Cygni posted:

That was me at Sebring a few years ago, but it was a rented Nissan Rogue. Also many many yuenglings on the ground.

Indy 500 odds... IF GAMBLING WERE LEGAL AHEM I think that those Hildebrand and Newgarden lines look pretty tasty.

Kurt Busch 30-1

That line on Busch might be a steal.

• Locked thread