Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So...we're agreed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was going to put in the effort into making a new thread and fixing everything up, but holy poo poo this season's cast isn't looking too hot. I don't even want to bother.

Rooting for the two older guys, honestly. At least they didn't get in for being pretty.

I don't understand why they lost a pair without replacing them. I always hear about backups in every season. Why wasn't there a backup here?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 28, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

GaussianCopula posted:

Also 3 firefighers in San Juan del Sur, will it be the firefighter alliance?

seriously 3 of them? that's just ridiculous.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mercaptopropyl posted:

seriously 3 of them? that's just ridiculous.

After the drama they got out of two cops, perhaps they are trying to get another Tony/Sara situation without really understanding why it was so amusing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man, disappointing casting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The whole thing is awful and should just be removed from the next thread. Just post the cast photos/bios/a little thing on the current season. It's not like we mind debating which seasons are the best 5-10 times a year.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Eh, gently caress it. I'll just do it.

Working on the thread now. Hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes who started typing things up for it without mentioning it.

Feel free to suggest thread titles or OP content. I'll be picking out what I can out of the last couple pages of suggestions.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I guess with 9 pairs it's gonna be 1 on each tribe again? I thought 5 pairs on each tribe would've been a cool thing to watch this year, definitely increases the chances of having a lot of pairs intact going into the merge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

rafington posted:

I guess with 9 pairs it's gonna be 1 on each tribe again? I thought 5 pairs on each tribe would've been a cool thing to watch this year, definitely increases the chances of having a lot of pairs intact going into the merge.

Yeah I was definitely into this idea but they went ahead and did the same thing they did in the first blood vs water.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Propaganda Machine posted:

So...we're agreed?

YES WE ARE :mad:

:)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Met posted:

Eh, gently caress it. I'll just do it.

Working on the thread now. Hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes who started typing things up for it without mentioning it.

Feel free to suggest thread titles or OP content. I'll be picking out what I can out of the last couple pages of suggestions.

Survivor San Juan Del Sur: Better than riding the New York Subway

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Fill the OP with iconic/funny/horrible gifs from Survivor past for us to look at to amuse ourselves when this season turns out to be as bad as we all think it's going to be.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Fill the OP with iconic/funny/horrible gifs from Survivor past for us to look at to amuse ourselves when this season turns out to be as bad as we all think it's going to be.

Sounds like a plan.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

John Rocker is a colossal step down from Jeff Kent. Can't they find another rear end in a top hat who's a really great athlete? Where is Rasheed Wallace?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Spencer was so cute :3:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

John Rocker is a colossal step down from Jeff Kent. Can't they find another rear end in a top hat who's a really great athlete? Where is Rasheed Wallace?

There aren't enough spots for them to cast the Dallas Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Made a new thread. I decided to really streamline it down for simplicity's sake. No one needs that huge wall of text and anything vital can be edited in. We have a month before the new season airs anyway.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 28, 2014

• Locked thread