Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Nikolaos posted:

Speaking of combat training sucking up generics, if I know I'm going to pick up Legacy of the Naloren how heavy should I go into weapon mastery? Obviously I need to make sure I get that far to begin with but I don't want to just throw away points that could have gone in AM/fungus.

If that's your plan, you can probably be fine floating three points in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Why isn't that just in from the beginning. What a retarded system.

Because you're a skeleton.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Yeeks make great summoners; it doesn't matter that you're fragile when you've got ritches.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I haven't been too motivated to fix my desktop since it died on me, but oddly enough TOME might be the game that gets me to do it :allears: I really want to check out this 1.2 stuff.

Have you tried turning on safety mode from the launcher?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

(remind me why ghouls need to breathe?)

Ghouls are festering humanoids that feast on human flesh. They're not actually dead. They're generally classified as undead only because no one else will have them.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Glidergun posted:

In some, perhaps most, uses of the word ghoul, that is probably true. This game's ghouls are literally zombies, though. The ghoul start is you waking up from being resurrected by an idiot necromancer. DarkGod just didn't use the word "zombie" because of reasons.

That's fine but they still breathe. Look at those lungs go.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

Psst; If you look really closely at the character vault, you can get a hint about the orc campaign.

No, it's not "look for race=orc" either.

What in the world are we looking for amid the frothy spume of addon nonsense?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
I don't think we'll need to worry about digging.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

LupusAter posted:

and the acquatic unique demon

Balls, really? I've seen that nerd like twice.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Never change reddit. Someone asked on the Ashes announcement post if this was the game with the orc breeding ground and I said 'Yeah but they removed it because it was too creepy' and someone else piped up that there was a mod to restore it and the original guy seemed really pleased to hear it.

This is the ToME community.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
I'd have to say you're either incredibly lucky or doing something wrong. Doombringers are fragile but your early game should fly by without a hitch. Trollmire was the first thing mine did after escaping, Bill included.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Your t1 choices are the Trollmire, Kor'pul, Norgos's Lair, the psychedelic forest next door, then the Rhaloren Camp and the crystal pit down in Elfzone. Not counting racials. Of those, Norgos's Lair is usually the least offensive unless you run into a rare snake.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Incidentally, Shibari's account still has zero Nightmare/Insane wins.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
But it's full of bubbles. The only difference is that your route's zaggier and you rest less.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
My latest alchemist I dedicated just to doomelfing found no monoliths whatsoever anywhere, including plenty of farportal wandering. Also the first and only source of waterbreathing I found was on High Peak and then the nerdlords killed me, so. So much for that attempt.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
I figured I'd go for some thematically appropriate variety and take the Fearscape route of Tannen's makework quest, but Draebor's portal either vanished or never showed up to begin with, and now I'm stranded.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
There's still an arcane Doomed hat that increases spellpower.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Can't breathe with no lungs.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
On a similar note, is it ever worth wearing heavy armour instead of massive?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Are you using the Black Wall?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
The last time I met Burb was in Dreadfell, teamed up with Borfast and an entire hoedown of snow giants.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Alchemists really only have one build. You make the bombs big, you make the golem big, you stand back and nuke the screen repeatedly. Choose your favourite element.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Any sort of controlled mobility options as well. Rush is always reliable.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
That bonus ogre lore is a treasure.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Heaps. Doombringer's a magic berserker powered by explosions, Demonologist's the Ecaflip of ToME; hope you draw a good hand.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Prioritize all the talents pertaining to your demon seeds, because that is where your hopes lie.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Steampunk orcs are anything but a secret. Past that there's the tentative list of eventual hooks like the Naloren, the pirate trolls, the undead continent.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
I look at it as an excellent opportunity to test my current build's strengths and weaknesses.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
People die when they're killed.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
It's less the beam and more the puddle the beam leaves behind. Don't stand in that.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Why would you be yet another angry shouty man when you can be a powerful dragon mom whom vomit slime

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Hon, probably the one in Embers of Rage. He dies and you pick up whatever schmaltz he dropped and you leave.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
It would be nice if it was a birth unlock after you find it once, though

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
There are already heaps of talents that do that, it's fine

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Injectors inject. What you're interested in is the exciting selection of salves.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Scroll the mousewheel on it

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
And we all wish Block was still a passive but it's time to move on

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Or heap something up with poisons and then blast them with a two-hander

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Watch for psychoport torques and controlled teleport runes, also the more evasive artifacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Foreskin Problems posted:

Are there any classes to unlock that are just "cast spells, run away"?

Necromancers are fun casters

• Locked thread