Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
My first winner! :toot:

a higher shadowblade Not having immediate access to time magic was a bit of a pain leading to my early deaths, but once I could spam shadowstep/rush/time shield for free I was basically unstoppable. Finished the game leaving all portals open and took Atamathon down like a chump though I did need cauterise and a teleport away to recharge.

5/5 would play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Luceid posted:

every year i manage to forget how boring it is slogging through the orc prides and i think it's one of the big things keeping me from trying to ascend one of everything like i do in crawl

I find the prides to be much cooler than the bloody high peak climb. At least there's fewer bullshit mobs, and each pride has its own identity besides gray garbage cave tiles.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is my current paradox mage. I'm not going to claim to be any good at this, which makes the fact I'm just basically facerolling through the game extra hilarious to me.

I really wonder if I'll evern find a hat or staff good enough to make me want to break the set.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Osmosisch posted:

This is my current paradox mage. I'm not going to claim to be any good at this, which makes the fact I'm just basically facerolling through the game extra hilarious to me.

I really wonder if I'll evern find a hat or staff good enough to make me want to break the set.

Welp, this guy is all done now after killing atamathon and Linaniil. What a cakewalk.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Velius posted:

Now try the higher difficulties. The biggest issue with Tome is the discrepancy between trash normal and lethal rare/unique enemies, which tends to get me killed through boredom more than anything else. Insane is probably too hard for winning to be feasible for most classes but Nightmare plus a rare/unique rate increasing mod is probably my sweet spot for enjoying the game.

Oh, I have plenty difficulties with regular-powered classes, paradox mage is just nuts, I'm pretty sure. Tankiest mage I ever played.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm currently playing a very unfocused but mostly shadow-based yeek doomed and it's every bit as easy as rekenner is making it out to be. It feels like paradox mage in that you have so many per-hit reductions going on that nothing ends up hitting you for much. This is the tankiest I've ever felt playing a yeek.

http://te4.org/characters/14038/tome/ab9ac4ed-b985-46e5-b117-3e84e7f33582

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:siren: Do not take antimagic skills from the ruins dudes if you haven't beaten the internment camp yet :siren:

Fighting Mindwall without being able to wear the hat is an... experience.

Actually, it's probably just straight up a bad idea to take the antimagic skills, no matter how tempting.

I should have worn a hat? Guess I need to pay more attention. Didn't notice any trouble though, what's it supposed to do?

• Locked thread