Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Magres posted:

If you hold shift and click and drag the screen, you'll drag your view around. It's really handy for classes with a lot of range 10 shenanigans.

:aaaaa:

Well, that'll help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Why isn't the expansion out yet. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tamba posted:

Darkgod said that the expansion will cost 40 Voratun coins, so it'll probably be 3.99€ (~$5?) on steam.

:toot:

I have almost exactly that many from donating.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not at all sure how I feel about Doom Elves. On the one hand, they get a free phase door and an okay anti-boss-talent talent. Not impressed with their other two talents though.

They certainly don't feel like they're up there with Shalore-Thalore-Yeek*-Dwarf for most classes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Prism posted:

When I try to connect, it fails and takes my Internet connection with it - I lose everything. Web pages, Mumble, Steam itself. I can't keep attempting without unplugging my router after every try. This is the problem more than just not being able to connect.

That's extremely weird. Wonder why.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I had an extremely awesome paradox mage run started / well into the T2 dungeons, then the Weirdling Beast respawned somehow when I went back to my fortress, and now I can't activate the orb. RIP farportals (and upgraded rod of recall). :negative:

Guess I medddled too much with that of which man was not meant to wot.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Already loving gunslingin'. I haven't the foggiest goddamn idea how to build my character (other than max out the gundamage talent), but it's hilarious.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A perfectly normal saw horror one-turned my very successful, if slightly misplanned, gunslinger with crit psionic pull -> melee crit. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Wow, people weren't kidding when they talked about Sawbutchers being amazingly op. For the final dungeon I was just sort of mashing my hand against the numpad and watching everything explode. I've never had a character feel nearly this strong before, and I've had some pretty strong characters. The +114 to all stats from that prodigy can't have hurt.

I used to have my games slow to a crawl after reaching level 30 or so and that's gone. It sometimes slows down if I play for like 3 hours at a time but reseting fixes this easily.

Ok I thought I knew where to get that item but I was thinking of a different one. Is it just a random drop or something?

Just random. I got my only one off my second or third kill of the boss of the first dungeon (which is the right time to get it because yeti caves are far and away the easier of the next tier).

Cav and gunslingers are a significant threat in the bazaar, and the boss is not entirely a joke, unlike the yeti boss.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Velius posted:

I'm not finding sawbuchers to be that OP. Maybe it's because I'm not getting high tier gear so the damage avoidance and steampower are pretty low, but it seems like their offense is pretty low. The absence of any ranged powers or aside from the steam engine throw, and lack of any debuff removal is making surviving to level 20 tricky.

Steambomb is pretty drat good, and I cannot talk about much past lv14 because my one run I accidentally pressed z on the world map and got plonked smack in the middle of three Sunway patrol soldiers.

Also, note that an alternative salve removes physical debuffs, and the orc thing busts off mental if you are already in deep poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

What dungeon do you need to complete in order to unlock the other classes in Rage?

Throw it in spoiler tags if you need to.

The one right across the bridge, I believe.

Edit: I am completely wrong and still haven't found it.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Enophos posted:

Anyone know where to get the item needed to unlock yetis? I've completed the expansion, but never saw it. Is it random?

Also I agree with the above post, there is no real slog like in the origional campaign.

100% random, as far as I can tell. Although I think it's a t1 item, so it presumably only really drops off the first bosses.

If you really want a yeti (and yeti sawbutchers are hilarious), run an orc through the tunnel and then the bazaar a bunch. i got it on my third playthrough from the tunnel without knowing it existed, and then noticed I got a quest for it / the item had an ability.

Bonus: you get a (...mediocre, but potentially life-saving) summon power from it in any game where you wear the hat and power it up!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:siren: Do not take antimagic skills from the ruins dudes if you haven't beaten the internment camp yet :siren:

Fighting Mindwall without being able to wear the hat is an... experience.

Actually, it's probably just straight up a bad idea to take the antimagic skills, no matter how tempting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:toot: My first win of a ToME campaign!

All it took was possibly the most ridiculous class-race combination in Maj'Eyal history. I really like the racial design of Whitehoofs (Whitehooves?), they play meaningfully differently from all other races and have an interesting strategic gimmick (that happens to synergize perfectly with rollerblading).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

turevidar posted:

Is there some trick to getting diamonds, or does the RNG just not want to let me craft any of the high level tinker items?

e: nevermind, one finally dropped.

hmm that's weird I thought the diamond was the last input I was missing to make these

oh sweet alright time for some rad gloves

gently caress this stupid game

e2: I just won, only one diamond dropped the entire game.

The tier things are a bit weird, but it goes:

- Herb of appropriate tier and/or
- Metal of appropriate tier and/or
- Tinker item of appropriate tier and/or
- Whatever gem or whatever it happens to have listed.

So for the hands, you need 10 t5 herb, 10 t5 voratun, 1 t5 shocking grasp (which may have been the sticking part), and the gems and core.

(Although once you have a pile of t5 stuff you never want to make anything below that if you can avoid it anyway.)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 27, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Other than Aeryn I didn't find it too tough with Wyrmic or Brawler. Aeryn is a beast though.

Aeryn is one of the only two bosses that are Actively Motherfuckers, imo.

The other is the final boss, who managed to put my ridiculous Whitehoof Sawbutcher into low hundreds (with his hp-cushion sustain still up, admittedly) through means that I sadly didn't go back to check but may have been connected to a phase change.

Well okay, the hobbit psychic is also an rear end in a top hat, but less in the "might kill you" sense and more in the "holy poo poo this fight is taking literally forever" sense.

(Honorable mention: goddamn loving nightmare horror assholes. :siren: Do not go into final dungeon vaults unless you can handle nightmare horrors :siren: )

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Velius posted:

Nightmare Horrors are my absolute priority to kill or flee from immediately enemy in the game. I don't think anything else comes close in terms of the threat they pose. Dread Masters are another annoying one but they're not nearly as lethal if you don't rely on sustains for survival. No, I would rather not face half a dozen clones of my synergistic build, thank you. Especially not with stacking mental debuffs and confusion and blindness.

I literally wore the "ignore sleep status :smug:" cloak into the final dungeon on my winning run for them, specifically.

Edit: :negative: RIP damage dealing from Saw Wheels.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 5, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

:krakentoot: Just won with an ogre sawbutcher. by the end of things I was an invincible wall of sawblades who simply absorbed all attacks against me, atamathon and lillanill were nothing but bugs.

So it's still hilarious after the considerable nerf to bullet time? :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

rodney mullenkamp posted:

(banging knife and fork on table) Spi! Der! Cam! Paign! Spi! Der! Cam! Paign!

Anyone who's played Exile/Avernum knows what happens when you allow spiders to be friendly. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:toot: continuing the fine tradition of playing as previous campaigns' villains

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

man, the first dungeon seems bizarrely tough for a Writhing One

three tries as a shalore, got to the boss once, got mulched without any particular recourse

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The new update is neat, but it reset my controls. What's the key to pick stuff up?

Also the new dungeon is pretty unforgiving. I managed to beat it once as a writhing drem because it starts with runes instead of infusions, but then I got mercilessly killed by the arena quest in that one starting town. And that's usually a freebie. :negative:

Is it possible to leave, do a different starter dungeon, then come back later? What are the rules for that?

you have one thousand turns after leaving the starting town to return and enter the maggot

the timer stops ticking when you're in (but presumably resumes if you beam out to town)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

Paradox Mage got a rework a while back which made it a lot more time-screwery fun.

Yeah, I realized I didn't have ogre unlocked so I rolled a shalore paradox mage after splatting yet another Writhing One (this time on a dumb rare after the maggot :toot:).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

splitting the timeline blew up the application :saddowns:

it generated an infinitely cascading series of error windows

i finally just mashed report on a couple of them as they popped up and task managered it closed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Scourged Pits are both mildly infuriating and a temptation to engage in unfun grinding.

If you stay in one place to long, part of the wall turns into an elite grapple creature. There does not appear to be an obvious limit on how many times this can happen (other than the number of wall tiles).

edit: maybe this is only on the first floor?

double edit: also they appear to give neither xp nor gold, so at least the temptation is eliminated

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 19, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also i'm getting a weird bug where occasionally maps will re-generate

they won't have all the critters in them, but they'll have some

and sadly bosses don't reset

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Meldonox posted:

Finally back from my business trip, which I foolishly spent working twelve hour days instead of playing video games in the hotel every evening. I see folks have been putting in some serious time, so what's the verdict, good expansion or really good expansion?

better than urh rokh imo

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kanos posted:

IMO worse than Embers, better than Ashes.

It's not an Embers-style expansion, though.

(Embers is AMAZING.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Two fun facts I just learned in Reknor with my shalore time wizard:

1) Fanged Collar resurrect works on roguelike.
2) Tentacle tree clicky-spawns can, on rare occasions, be bosses and wield weapons.

edit: 3) dagnabbit it ate my fez, i was going to put it in the vault :argh:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 19, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

huh, i just got a second spawn of the sassy-cash event with the cultists and monoliths

i like to think these bugs are entirely the fault of playing paradox mage (also if they weren't one assumes they'd have been caught, unless he overhauled the event code for the cults expansion)

edit: aaaaand got gibbed by 11 hp by the meteors :negative:

well, at least i got ogres unlocked

also got the Wyrmic (?) scourge drake tree

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 19, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

How long has possessor been in? :stare:

poo poo's weird and cool. It's like MidBoss, but somewhat less great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

when you use the Writhing One's digest talent on a humanoid, the dude you eat starts screaming from inside your belly :stare:

• Locked thread