Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, I've finally killed the Master! :toot:

Cornac Cursed. I did die a couple times in Dreadfell, though.

... to an rear end in a top hat rare spawn next to the stairs, the Master himself was no problem although I need need to run off to heal once. At mach 3. I'm not sure what the spider-thing rare was doing, aside from occasionally turning me into an ice cube when I hit it. I guess I shouldn't have gone back for it after hateporting out of the starting room and nothing in it followed me, but I'm not experienced enough to really tell "this is a thing I should just avoid entirely".

Easiest Weirdling Beast kill I've ever had, too. I just waited a couple of turns, used the gloves I found to drag it over to the stairs, rampaged, and hit it several times in the face. After turning off my sustains first, of course. :black101:

Off to the East to get myself horribly killed through inexperience, I guess!

EDIT: Oh, if the Vault says my Movement Speed is +102.31247451126%, does that means I'm running around at about double speed before Rampage of a movement infusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I wonder if it's still practical to get Cleave and cut my way through the place to unlock Oozemancer. Do you need to do that before Zigur offers you Fungus for shanking the lightning guy? (Who spawned three squares form the stairs and went down before doing anything to me. :black101:)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

okay cursed are terrible at clearing the Sludgenest. And I miscalculated and that was his last life, so RIP a bunch of random gear I had sitting in my inventory/on the floor of the fortress.

I guess I better figure out how to get an archmage past the Master. Sadly I forgot to put the Rune of Reflection in the vault.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Magres posted:

Cornac, Wildfire, play 'WILL IT BURN?' all game.

(the answer is yes)
Don't have wildfire unlocked. How can you check your progress on that anyway?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yeah, I was planning on going Temporal/Aether/Meta in that order. I do have storm, would that have more survivability in it than Aether?

Or ability to nuke the Master down before my shields run out, whichever.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ToxicFrog posted:

Open the achievement list in game and scroll down to Pyromancer. It'll tell you how much fire damage you've dealt total.
Ah, I'd tried that on steam but not in-game.

Turns out I'm at about 600k out of the million I need.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DancingMachine posted:

Gonna try a Cursed out. Time to go read some guides. Hopefully I can get him to the fortress because I got some good cursed-specific artifacts in the vault.
I have some advice for you for that.

Rampage rampage ramage rampage rampage rampage RAMPAGE RAMPAGE :unsmigghh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Magres posted:

It'd be great on some other classes, but Archmage doesn't really need movespeed - you have long range nukes and teleports, walking is for plebes.

I could see in on a more armored caster for the fatigue reduction though.
It doesn't seem like a whole lot of movespeed anyway. 5 points for what, 7 percent? wooo. :geno:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dodge Charms posted:

The percent goes up as you add points. 7% is what you'd get at one point. (It's not good documentation.)
But it... doesn't kick in until level 5, so why would :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

That reminds me, what would I do with skill and infusions/runes and such if I wanted to make a temporal warden with the express purpose of unlocking paradox mages? And didn't care if I made decisions which would literally kill the character immediately after that happened as long as it worked reliably until then?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Magres posted:

Yeah, you pretty much want to treat Rampage like a movement infusion, it's a great 'get the hell out of dodge' tool. Particularly once you have an actual movement infusion - if you pop Rampage then your Infusion (if you hit the Infusion first, popping Rampage counts as a non-movement action and kills the Infusion) you're moving at like 1200% speed and can easily be gone before anyone does anything.
Towards the end of my second (and most recent to date) Cursed to get to the East (this one NOT getting surrounded and murdered almost instantly when he stepped into he Vor Armory) I found a movement infusion which did like 1000% movespeed all on its own. Gotta go fast :flashfact:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

koolkal posted:

Man, I honestly don't even understand why the Temporal Warden class exists in its current form. I'm in the east and I'm basically an archer with less damage but more mobility. I feel like the class would benefit being remade to remove the focus off of bows and onto dual-wielding + TIME poo poo.
I get the feeling Temporal Warden backstory and the Paradox Mage are leeching all the cool time poo poo out of them. Their job is to FIX things, not gently caress poo poo up further, so the crazy poo poo is locked behind getting one to Daikara and then rolling something else.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mr. nobody posted:

edit: worst moment was when I started an elf archmage and within two mouseclicks I was in some platform world, killed the couple of NPCs that attacked me, could only move on the 8 tiles of the platform I was on, and had no way to reach anywhere else or leave so game over.
Did you unlearn Phase Door? That level makes it controllable even at rank 1.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yeah there's no actual effect stating so, but even uncontrolled phase door and a lot of patience would help.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's definitely viable, you just have to be very careful with your spells until you get spellcraft, because aether archmage is probably the most self-destructive build in the game if you mess up. Pretty much all of its AoEs can and will gib you with obscene arcane damage, especially Disruption Shield, its main gimmick. Aether is a very, very strong build if you can avoid being your own demise, though.
Until you max Spellcraft, I think, since it's a percent chance to not hit you. So if you're 4/5 and drop an AOE on yourself and that 20% chance comes up WHOOPS YOU'RE A RAPIDLY EXPANDING CLOUD OF ARCHMAGE PARTICLES

And yeah Time Shield is pretty essential to surviving long enough to get Aether Avatar and Disruption Shield rolling.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gildiss posted:

Those notes are found anywhere you find the random lore like letters to rolf. It is a pain in the dick finding all 4, made a bit easier with the library in the ruins. It will take many runs before you find them all.
I got Necromancer on a run where I finally remembered to check that to see what necromancer parts I was missing, which turned out to be "none of them".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I believe that happens because the lowest that type of rare troll can exist at is level 38, and the place is full of trolls, so, therefore, Bill's party pad needs an overhaul in its spawn code badly because what the poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So, I rolled an alchemist for giggles and to try and unlock Wildfire. And then I found the Storm-Lord's Gauntlets so maybe I should roll a lightning archmage. But anyway, question.

How do I give my golem runes? I tried but gave myself a shielding rune instead. (which has saved my butt a few times, so I'm not very mad there.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Saigyouji posted:

Well, the game does start you off with an "Interact with Golem" button. Short of giving you a popup every time you play alchemist, there's not much else they can do.

It doesn't seem to have anything to handle its runes, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

fnordcircle posted:

It's my fault for being nosy after reading some comments a few pages back. Didn't want to ask in this thread because I think I'm too old for drama and goonrushes, especially over a single player game. I asked Shibari what AotD did that people here dislike him, Shibari tells AotD and here we are.

So because you didn't want to cause drama you took the choice more likely to cause drama? :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Beamed posted:

What about fighting the Weirdling with time shield, can't he just eat it?
Doesn't it just eat sustains, not temporary effects like damage shields or infusions?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dizz posted:

E: I just realized stone wardens have two Stone Skin skills.
Are you loving kidding me. This is worse than the Bone Shield vs Bone Shield thing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Keru posted:

Bone Armor is the Skeleton racial.
what

Huh. Apparently you're right. How in the gently caress did I think it was named bone shield :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dizz posted:

Does heavy armor reduce my movement speed? I'm at 50% movement speed and am using a Feathersteel amulet to bump it to 70% so I don't get buried in the sandworm tunnels.
A: What race are you, and B: how much stuff are you carrying compared to your encumbrance limit?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, I'm out of ideas th-

Wait, dwarf? Are you a Stone Warden using Stone Vines? I think that lowers your speed while on.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nikolaos posted:

Having high encumbrance makes you slower? I thought it was just fine until suddenly you went over the limit and your legs temporarily broke or something.
I haven't actually tested that before, so I was wondering if it might be the case!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mystery Prize posted:

I'd say Worms that Walk are up there as well.
The wildfire archmage I rolled last night has died once so far, to one of those in Nur. "I'll just phase door away and turn the hallway he'll have to go through to get to me into a raging inferno, that'll oh hello again :gibs:" This after managing to burn the poo poo out of an oozing horror earlier too.

When I came back I just loving teleported away and found the downstairs.

Time to loot all my +fire damage items form the alchemist I used to unlock wildfire now, though. :supaburn:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HenryEx posted:

Also: What's all the different DarkGod events you can happen across? I know of bunnyfication, the bearscape and POOSH.
I went to a place where I murdered snowmen and rescued santa elves from somethign or other around christmas.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HenryEx posted:

That sounds interesting! Do you have a save game in which this happened to upload somewhere? I'd like to take a look at it.
I think that character died in the east somewhere, actually. Also I murdered everything so it'd just be a snow and trees area.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HenryEx posted:

That doesn't matter! I think i figured out how to trigger these events, as long as i can take a look at a save game where they happened.
Then I'll check later and see if I still have it. I think I mighth ave overwritten it with more of the same Cursed, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiramisu posted:

I already killed all the orcs in the dream while search for the wife. Is there some other way to suicide?
Attack yourself?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fibby Boy posted:

So how would I got about getting myself out of the lost man dream? There's no wife and right clicking myself doesn't bring up an option to kill myself. Yes I have killed everything else in the area and picked up all the dream stones.
It doesn't show you the default Attack? or options to use other attacks on yourself?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Saigyouji posted:

Unless you stuck Thick Skin somewhere else, that would just screw over casters, though.
Given that it's a thing literally everybody wants to take ever maybe it should just be baseline? All characters get an amount of Resist All based on their level.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Magres posted:

-Physical Infusions
You mean Wild Infusions that cure Physical Effects? :raise:

You should probably refer to things by their actual in-game name in something for newbies.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ProfessorCirno posted:

Legit my playstyle for every character. Hello, autotravel.
Yeah if you are giving advice that requires somebody to not use the autoexplore something is wrong.

(or you're talking about Lake of Nur or something)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

It only matters if you want Hexes from the Grand Corruptor (protip: you probably don't)
Or to unlock Corrupter in the first place.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Benagain posted:

So I just got this game and have been messing around with it, is there a bug or something that would account for why I can't dig all the time?
Not all walls are dig-able (pointing your mouse at them should give you information about this), and you need a digging tool in your inventory to dig in the first place.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm just following the zone order guide. The wiki entry describes Slasul as a "Guardian." I have no idea what's plot-mandatory or not beyond the handful of locations it suggests skipping.
I think that just means "the zone boss".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Is triple-wielding animeblades still a good plan for mindslayers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Where do I get the 1.2 beta from on the site, exactly? I want to try this new awesome brawler before there's a chance to bring it back down again.

• Locked thread