Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

Ok I thought I knew where to get that item but I was thinking of a different one. Is it just a random drop or something?

It seems to be

I lucked out on my first playthrough by getting it from the guy at the end of the Kruk Tunnels :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Having a hell of a time, given that Writhing One seems to have a really rough start, along with the fact that the game keeps crashing on startup unless it loads with the Embers of Rage splash screen

why the game crashes if any other splash screen comes up on loading is one hell of a mystery, but hey, new DLC!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

okay, now that I have a worm that walks, it's time to see if I can teach it the Steam talent

what's more terrifying than a human-like being made entirely out of worms? a human-like being made out of worms with saws on its arms :unsmigghh:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wolpertinger posted:

the horror chunks single targets and targets in a line in almost no time and from very long distances, and his beam doesn't have friendly fire.

this is absolutely not true as I've discovered in a very unfortunate manner as my bloated horror made my head explode while in its line of fire :psyboom:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

after splatting a lv. 25 Higher Writhing One, my conclusions are that while the class has strong openers and damage reduction to enemies, the finicky nature of inflicting stuns and brainlock, alongside no clear way to knock off sustains, means you have to outright kill or debilitate damage coming in or drop dead

the worm that walks is a hell of a help and I can't think of any reason to pass on it, as it can stun things around you in an aura with its last talent. the passive universal damage reduction talent is absolutely boss as well

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I read a book where I was a cave-halfling who was really hungry

he got merc'd by a Sher'tul. poor guy just wanted something to eat :smith:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bleu posted:

How have people been speccing the WtW? If I take Carrier or Epidemic, is he going to start giving me booger plagues? Will his Carrion Worms burn me with acid? Reaver doesn't generally seem like a class that plays well with friends, and unfortunately I can't see the WtW specs of other people on the website.

I wasn't able to test out the most important thing: whether I can teach the worm that walks to use saw blades or not

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so I was doing pretty great, then ran into a pair of shoes called "Shoes That Move Slowly" that matched up to my "Shoes of Moving Quickly"

immediately teleported into a four way hallway, locked down, and died :v:

https://te4.org/characters/188308/tome/c27ed74b-88c6-4345-a114-a437bcf8e31d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Magitek posted:

Fun fact about Mindslayer: You know how becoming a follower of Zigur prevents you from ever touching arcane-powered equipment? Well, the extra weapon you wield via Beyond The Flesh floats around in the air -- you don't really touch it.

:stare:

now this is why I really enjoy this game

• Locked thread