Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Alright guys. I've been playing for a while. Can't beat Hades in Tomb of the Saint - Deep.

I'd appreciate recommendations for a team.

If you want to throw any 'you should do X' next advice my way I'd appreciate it as well.

Have Odin up as a friend leader. As long as you're at full health Hades will do 11,111 damage every 6 turns, which should be long enough for you to heal back to full. Also Odin's active does a lot of damage to Hades. If you REALLY want to play it safe, Dark Neptune/Odin will make you take only 5k damage and you can put almost anything else you want in there - 5k is stupidly easy to heal up in 6 turns, especially if you have a siren. You don't need to do that much damage because eventually Neptune poison and Odin actives will kill him, just stall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Thank loving god no more 4/2/2 non-sense. Hallelujah

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I didn't really believe we were getting the Hello Kitty Colab, but here we are.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks psymonkey and THE AWESOME GHOST.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm already wasting stones, because why the gently caress not.

Keroppi and whatever the gently caress the Green Balanced dude was. Eh, Keroppi I could do without, but Green Balanced dude is actually useful for my CuChu team, so eh. I think I'm rolling until repeat/I'm out of free stones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well, time to spend the 20 stones I got from challenge mode. My Melody, Hello Kitty, Hello Kitty with a + and Bad Badtz-Maru. I'll have to try again later when I get more stones because I want valkitty

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Badtz maru, Kuromi, Kuromi +1, Badtz maru, Kuromi +1

FML

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

So, what's the consensus about rolling Hello Kitty REM if you're starting to play PAD right now? It's not my case, but I see it being a decent idea since it gives you a decent shot at an out-of-the-box (starter dragons take an ulti) 4-2-2 leader in three colors or a 12x almost non-conditional leader if you're really lucky. Might be a good option if you're not willing to reroll for an optimal monster.

Gonna repost this from the previous thread:

DaveWoo posted:

Common Drops (Estimated Chance: ~15%)

Kitty & Tyrra has the same leader skill as Grand Tyrannos and Freyr, but a far less useful active. (Red doesn't have very many good Balanced mons.) Its stats are slightly better than Tyrannos's, but slightly worse than Freyr's. It's decent if you really need a mono-Red leader, I suppose, but I wouldn't bother rolling for it when a farmable alternative of roughly equal power is readily available.

Keroppi & Plessie has the same leader skill as Icedragon Plesios and Idunn & Idunna, but, again, a far less useful active. (It reportedly does 2x ATK in damage and heals for half that, which is incredibly underwhelming.) Its stats are slightly better than Plesios's, but slightly worse than I&I's. Again, decent if you really need a mono-Blue leader, but I wouldn't bother rolling for it when a farmable alternative of roughly equal power is readily available.

Melody & Brachys has the same leader skill as Flowerdragon Brachys and Freyja, but unlike the previous two entries, actually has a useful active skill - a 1-turn delay combined with a Green orb enhance. That, combined with its Balanced subtype, makes it potentially useful for a few teams - you could run it as a Green sub on a Horus team, for instance, or run it as lead with an Artemis friend leader to create a 4/2/2 mono-Green-Balanced team. This one might actually be worth rolling for.

Pierdra Badtz-Maru - Seems pretty useless to me. Leader skill is weak compared to other combo leaders, and its board refresh active skill has limited usefulness at best. It's a Dark Attacker, though, so maybe it could work in a Dark Meta team? I dunno.

Lilith Kuromi - Another seemingly useless mon. Leader skill is, again, weak by combo leader standards, and its defense break active is, again, rather limited in its usefulness. I guess if you really, really want a Dark/Devil defense breaker, she's okay, but that's about it.

Angel Cinnamon - This one might be okay as a sub in Healer teams - its active skill (Red/Blue -> Heart) pairs well with Valkyrie's to turn most of the orbs on the board into Light orbs. Skill cooldown's a bit on the long side, though, and its leader skill is, once again, weak for a combo leader. Maybe worth rolling for, if you like Healers.

Rare Drops (Estimated Chance: ~5%)

TAMADRApurin - An excellent leader for a early/mid-game player; its leader skill provides a guaranteed 3.5x boost without any color/subtype restrictions. Its active skill makes it a great asset to mono-Light teams as well. A great pull... if you're lucky enough to get it.

Princess Valkitty - A powerful leader, but only if you've got a right subs to take advantage of it. Basically, you'll need to have a bunch of mons with low cooldowns, with preferably some Skill Boosts thrown in as well. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a player just starting out, but with the right team, a double-Valkitty team could tear through a pretty good portion of the Descended dungeons.

Shorter answer: for a new player, there's a 30% chance of getting an "okay tier" leader (Kitty & Tyrra, Keroppi & Plessie), a 15% chance of getting a good leader (Melody & Brachys) and a 5% chance of getting a great leader (TAMApurin).

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Decided to roll with a few free stones I had and of course I get two Hello Kitties in a row. Probably done with this REM.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
rolled twice using challenge stones:

goddess hello kitty

pompompurin

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh wait there's a non gold kitty too? I got the princess one first roll.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 27, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Three rolls of challenge stones:

Goddess Hello Kitty
My Melody+1
Kuromi

Should have stopped after the first roll.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
14 rolls to get all the rem kitties. Half of them +s

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?
2 Purins in 15 rolls, guess I"ll keep one for low-cost dungeon.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Ugh. Two Cinnamorolls in a row. I guess it could be worse, it's a decent orb changer for a Bastet healer team.

E: holy poo poo, how many Valkitties have you guys rolled already?

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 27, 2014

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Spent all of my Challenge Mode stones on Hello Kitty:

Cinnamoroll
Pompompurin
Kuromi
Bad Badtz-Maru

So, two for my Light Healer team, and two for monodark. Not too bad.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

You guys are dicks :mad:

I got a Kuromi, a Keroppi, and a Cinnamaroll, which I suppose will at least be kind of useful with Valk.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In general, which awakenings should I be prioritizing and which ones should I avoid? The added orb movement time ones look sweet, as do the bind resistance ones (do those apply only to the leader, or to the entire team?), but I can't really get a handle on most of the others. The horizontal match ones seem too situational to really care about, and the 6% increased damage on (insert color) orbs bonus seems more like a late game thing where 6% can mean tens of thousands more damage than for where I am right now. Please tell me how wrong I am, goons.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I kinda want a Purin for the easy 12.25x team but I wonder how many people would actually have him and run him as a leader when I need him.

At least I got the Princess Hello Kitty.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Roll till not gold netted me Goddess Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll. I feel a little degenerate but oddly amused. Now I just need to max-skill more stuff so I can have an unconditional 16x team.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Is there any reason to keep Centaurs if you don't have a Michael?

Also, is there any reason to hang on to Hello Kitty? I know, I know, always hang on to REM stuff, but I don't seem them giving ultimate evos to collab mons and I don't see what possible use her evolved form could have.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
WOW, welp, I totally just zero-stoned Zeus on my very first attempt, using this Goemon team:

http://www.padherder.com/user/robodrew/teams/#16988

I was just doing it for shits and giggles before I went to bed, I mean, nothing was max'd aside from the helper leader, but, woo! I just killed green->red->blue on Floor 1, stalled as long as possible on floor 2 once there was only 1 mask left and tried to save as many red orbs as I could. I healed strategically so that once all my skills were up, I could let the mask hit me once to put me under 20%, then I killed it, did 3x3 red matches to decimate floor 3, Goemon to destroy floor 4, and then Echidna->Siren->Gigas for some starter damage and then Goemon #2->Horus to totally kill Zeus. I bet that alone would have one shot him. gently caress.

Thanks MolnSA for your FAT Max lvl/+297 Goemon, helped a lot I think.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

DaveWoo posted:

Gonna repost this from the previous thread:

Shorter answer: for a new player, there's a 30% chance of getting an "okay tier" leader (Kitty & Tyrra, Keroppi & Plessie), a 15% chance of getting a good leader (Melody & Brachys) and a 5% chance of getting a great leader (TAMApurin).

I'd also like to point out that Purin gets 100% bind resist, -1 to skill cooldowns and 1 light row clear awakening. ALso 4.3k hp god drat.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Badtz-Maru and a Pompompurin +1. If enough goons get Purin, I might have to replace Haku.
Actually, how does he compare to Haku anyway?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

everythingWasBees posted:

Badtz-Maru and a Pompompurin +1. If enough goons get Purin, I might have to replace Haku.
Actually, how does he compare to Haku anyway?

Certainly has better awakenings. I guess it depends on how good you are at matching--Purin is going to play like a Satan team as lead but is a better sub I think.

Byakko does not have to deal with light XP at all though, which counts for something. She may get an ultimate someday as well. I like Byakko: plenty of gravity and stall, great active, not too hard to activate, easy to focus on one color to make misses count, good stats and I already have one. I learned my lessons about chasing a specific roll with D/L Batman.

Purin will make farming even hard dungeons mindless, though. Awesome luck for you.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 27, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My 2 rolls of Cinnamon and Valkitty seem like they'd be great around a healer team, too bad I don't have poo poo in terms of healer teams! My light subs are bad enough that I never bothered getting a Valkyrie. You could make Valkitty work with 5 turn Angelion, 5 turn Valk, King Shynee, I guess possibly a max skilled Ancient dragon? Skill is up every 4 turns. People say Genma, but Genma is terrible and a pain in the rear end to skillup, plus you have to take hits to activate.

Or maybe Valkitty/Valk healer team, 3x-12x depending on the turn? Doesn't seem that powerful in terms of multipliers, but at least you get another 5CD offensive skill to use.

I think Valkitty is less useful than 16x implies. She is 10 cost though, so now you have a new gimmick for Tengu and Draggie.

Edit: I wonder if I can make Valkitty/AA Meta team work for twinlits... you only need to activate stuff like Echidna or Kitty's delay on floor 4, on the other floors you'll be doing 1 damage anyway. Valkitty gets bind resist too.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 27, 2014

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I decided to roll on the Hello Kitty REM with the free stones I got from challenge mode.

Badtz-maru
Keroppi
Pompompurin

Not a fan of the first two but my last roll is great I suppose.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I have too many monsters and I haven't really focused on any single team.

Any suggestions on what I should do? http://www.padherder.com/user/eddain/monsters/

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Two Hello Kitty Rolls:

The frog thing that's completely useless. Twice. gently caress that thing I'm not ever rolling it again.

In other happy fun time news, two runs of Mystic Light Dragon and not a single Cyclops drop, evolved or otherwise. gently caress everything.

madmac fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 27, 2014

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Why can't any android emulators run this? Arghh

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

I feel like this is a stupid question since no one has brought it up but here goes anyway. And no its not a "should I reroll" question. The dual color Hello Kitty slimes from the collab dungeon, are they decent subs for any sort of teams, at least for us plebes under 100 rank? They're dual color with the same heart maker skill as the fruit dragons. Stats seem okay but I don't really know how to judge those. With how long the collab is going to be around it'd be trivial to awaken them and possibly max skill it. I was thinking of trying to max out each a RGB. The dark one in particular I probably won't since it changes light to heart and my other two orb changers for my dark team both hit light, Persephone and Dark Dragon Knight.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Ow those Chimeras on Zeus were expensive. Net of five stones, better than a 30% chance at a godfest right?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Yarrington posted:

Ow those Chimeras on Zeus were expensive. Net of five stones, better than a 30% chance at a godfest right?

Totally worth it, Zeus is a great all around god.

5 was less then it took for me. I kept that Chimera. It's sitting in the box, alone and unused. Forever.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I'm probably the only one mad enough to try and skill-up Apollo, (He's a key piece of my Athena team.) but here's my analysis of the Mystic Light Dungeon so far.

Pro: Very easy. Probably the easiest Mystic Dungeon after dark. Jammer spam is super-annoying but the Cyclops have such massive windup it's unlikely they'll ever land a killing blow. The Dragon only has about 1 million HP so one big combo with orb enhance should be enough to do him in.

Cons: You will get roughly no Cyclops on an average run. You get two waves with a 30% chance of dropping on Legend, and even the damned un-evolved Cyclops are a relatively rare spawn that always show up with a wave of random crap you don't want. The chance of getting the unevolved version is actually much lower overall then the evolved one.

Conclusion: gently caress this dungeon why am I doing this arrrrrg.

Seriously if the drop rate wasn't so low I'd be tempted to just run expert for unevolved drops or something. It's that bad.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Seibikitei posted:

I feel like this is a stupid question since no one has brought it up but here goes anyway. And no its not a "should I reroll" question. The dual color Hello Kitty slimes from the collab dungeon, are they decent subs for any sort of teams, at least for us plebes under 100 rank? They're dual color with the same heart maker skill as the fruit dragons. Stats seem okay but I don't really know how to judge those. With how long the collab is going to be around it'd be trivial to awaken them and possibly max skill it. I was thinking of trying to max out each a RGB. The dark one in particular I probably won't since it changes light to heart and my other two orb changers for my dark team both hit light, Persephone and Dark Dragon Knight.

A level 70 fruit dragon actually has really similar stats to a level 70 kitty slime. The slimes max at 70 and the dragons max at 99 though. I dunno, I thought the gimmick of the fruit dragons was less in their active and more in the fact that they're not that great on paper but they have a crazy NINE awakenings each. It depends on the color but for Light > Heart and Red > Heart, Siren and Drawn Joker are way easier to obtain and skillup and have a shorter cooldown.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Well, one roll, one Goddess Hello Kitty (I saw UPC's 61 rolls on the PAD Forums spreadsheet without one... Sorry dude). I'm not even sure I like her leader skill that much, to be honest.

Is it awful of me to have wanted a Purin and/or a Melody & Brachy's instead? Maybe I will clear a few challenge levels and do one more roll though I really don't need any more mons.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

madmac posted:

I'm probably the only one mad enough to try and skill-up Apollo, (He's a key piece of my Athena team.) but here's my analysis of the Mystic Light Dungeon so far.

Pro: Very easy. Probably the easiest Mystic Dungeon after dark. Jammer spam is super-annoying but the Cyclops have such massive windup it's unlikely they'll ever land a killing blow. The Dragon only has about 1 million HP so one big combo with orb enhance should be enough to do him in.

Cons: You will get roughly no Cyclops on an average run. You get two waves with a 30% chance of dropping on Legend, and even the damned un-evolved Cyclops are a relatively rare spawn that always show up with a wave of random crap you don't want. The chance of getting the unevolved version is actually much lower overall then the evolved one.

Conclusion: gently caress this dungeon why am I doing this arrrrrg.

Seriously if the drop rate wasn't so low I'd be tempted to just run expert for unevolved drops or something. It's that bad.

I just tried Legend with a Kirin team, and it went just fine, even with a useless Verche on board. Waves 2 and 5 were as easy as clear blockers->target Cyclops, while the dragon went down to 2 gravities and a single attack. With a decent Mastering, there would be pretty much no threats. Too bad I don't have an Apollo!

But before you rely on unevolved drop, bear in mind they take Light Keepers to evolve. 50 stamina for a 66% chance of an evolved drop beats 30 stamina for a 50% chance at an evolution material.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

berserker posted:

WOW, welp, I totally just zero-stoned Zeus on my very first attempt, using this Goemon team:

http://www.padherder.com/user/robodrew/teams/#16988

I was just doing it for shits and giggles before I went to bed, I mean, nothing was max'd aside from the helper leader, but, woo! I just killed green->red->blue on Floor 1, stalled as long as possible on floor 2 once there was only 1 mask left and tried to save as many red orbs as I could. I healed strategically so that once all my skills were up, I could let the mask hit me once to put me under 20%, then I killed it, did 3x3 red matches to decimate floor 3, Goemon to destroy floor 4, and then Echidna->Siren->Gigas for some starter damage and then Goemon #2->Horus to totally kill Zeus. I bet that alone would have one shot him. gently caress.

Thanks MolnSA for your FAT Max lvl/+297 Goemon, helped a lot I think.

Moln if you're reading this can I get in on that hot beefy Goemon action? :v:

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

I just tried Legend with a Kirin team, and it went just fine, even with a useless Verche on board. Waves 2 and 5 were as easy as clear blockers->target Cyclops, while the dragon went down to 2 gravities and a single attack. With a decent Mastering, there would be pretty much no threats. Too bad I don't have an Apollo!

But before you rely on unevolved drop, bear in mind they take Light Keepers to evolve. 50 stamina for a 66% chance of an evolved drop beats 30 stamina for a 50% chance at an evolution material.

Eh. I have ~20 light keepers in my box and 30 lits for evolving. I spent my off-week prepping for this dungeon, which is why it annoys me that the unevolved drops are so hard to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: At all you grown men rolling on Hello Kitty poo poo :lol:

(I need to clear more challenge stuff before rolling)

• Locked thread