Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

EDIT: Disregard, Zeus is beaten.

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

All right, I'm tired of being so damned indecisive about who to focus on. I have chunks of dark, water and wood XP to distribute. Tell me what to prioritize and what not to care about, please. http://www.padherder.com/user/SAtzirean/monsters/

Horus is still my primary, typically with Siegfried/Bastet/Yomi/Echidna. I'm trying to get the light monsters going after my Godfest windfall, but obviously there's never enough light XP to go around. I don't know anything about mono-red or mono-dark, but I feel like I could get teams going with what I've picked up there if it's at all worthwhile. I don't know if there's a point to giving U&Y any XP after I evolve them. It's analysis paralysis on a grand scale, really.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

crazystray posted:

Holy poo poo, I got some analysis paralysis just looking at your box. I even wrote a long response with some suggestions, then deleted it because I really have no useful advice. You have all the cool poo poo, play with it. Maybe put all your good leaders on a dart board and let that help you decide?

Yeah, so you know how I feel. I have all the cool poo poo and no idea what to do with it or how to do it efficiently.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Honestly, at this point it's less about what you should be doing, and more about what you want to be doing. You have a Hera-Is, Hera-Ur, Hera, Cu Chu and Sieg, so you're able to clear the lower tier of descendeds (plus Take, Valk, and Athena, for that matter). So your Horus or whatever team is pretty dang effective (though I'm not sure why you run Bastet instead of Cu Chu. Move time awakenings?). What do you want to run? At this point, building a team for specific goals is going to be much easier. Do you want to clear SS? Zeus?

I only run Bastet to get light on the team without needing a light friend every run.

I cleared Zeus (though I had to use two stones due to a fuckup while stalling) today, so we can cross that one off. I'm on Queen of the Gods in SS; haven't had luck with my Horus team running her, but I haven't tried in a while.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I've resisted feeding unevolved pengdras, but I'm using 55 box spaces on max-level unevolved pengdras, 20 of which are gold. Is this a "this is normal, just bite the bullet, buy more boxes and store plants for dragons" thing?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Kuros posted:

If you can afford the box space, save the golds and feed away r/b/g pengs.

DaveWoo posted:

Nothing wrong with feeding away unevolved pengdras; I do it all the time.

All right, cool. I'll save the golds, check which dragon color we're getting tomorrow and hang onto those, and then feed away the rest.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Wasn't going to roll, don't really need anything. But it would be nice to have a Kirin...

Fine, I'm weak. Roll until not gold.

Great Valkyrie (already have a Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie, but duplicate Valks can't be bad)
Red Sonia (she's good, right? Why/how?)
Pandora (what the hell? Never heard of her)
Red Sonia (!)
Archangel Uriel (I suspect he's crap)
Shaitan, the Flame Elemental (I suspect he's also crap)
Shaitan (not gold)

No Chinese goddesses. No idea what the hell to do with these.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

This is where my box stands right now. Do I have a shot at Twinlits, and if so, how? I was thinking maybe a U&Y team; if it'd be worth it, I have a fair bit of blue XP to dump into them.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

Not gonna lie to you, it's going to be extremely hard to clear that dungeon with your current levels, but it can be done. Wouldn't recommended it.

No problem. I'll skip it this time around. I'm just at the point where I need twinlits to get (I think) my best teams going.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I just evolved Zeus; he joins Bane and Shynee at level 1. Busty Angelion is 26, Busty Valk is 33. Unevolved Light Meta and Athena are 15 and 35, respectively, and have evolve mats waiting.

If we get Super Golds, I am going to run out of stones running Super Golds.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Is leveling up King Shynee as important as some people say it is, or is it the waste of King Golds that it appears to me to be?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Do you primarily use a healer team?

No, but I have the option to start: I have Archangel Metatron, Angelion, King Shynee and Valkyrie. They just aren't high-level yet (LMeta isn't even evolved, though Angelion and Valk are busty).

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Sorry, I meant skilling up, not leveling up. My fault.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I wouldn't make it a huge priority and max skill will probably drive you crazy, but it's a good thing to pick away at when you can. L Meta teams seem to work best with that attitude anyway. They start out really lousy till you max evolve everything, put some serious levels on to the whole team, max awoken L Meta and have key subs like Valkyrie/Angelion/Echidna max skilled. Trying to do all that at once without another team as your primary is a quick path to burnout.

Fair enough. Horus remains my primary; I'll throw all my XP at LMeta and I'll work on skillups (Valk is maxed, Echidna is 4) but I'll save Shynee's skillups for when I can.

EDIT: Actually, I'll probably throw most of my light XP at Awoken Zeus until he's high enough level to use, then I'll switch light focus to the LMeta team.

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 7, 2014

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Once again, could use some help deciding who to give this XP to. Box is here: http://www.padherder.com/user/SAtzirean/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0;default,0

I have 9 Super Golds, 10 Kings and a bunch of Highs, so I don't think I have enough to really get the LMeta healer team running. (I also don't know whether or not I should keep two Supers aside to ultimate Zeus; I have yet to attempt Twinlits.) I'm leaning toward getting Valk as high as possible and putting her and Cu Chulainn on my Horus team over Echidna and Bastet. But I don't know if that's a substantial upgrade (or even a good idea) given that I'd be losing Echidna as an oh-poo poo button and I feel like Zeus has to be important enough to get a good amount of the light XP. And then there's the voice saying "you're never going to have 'enough XP' to just get LMeta running all at once, start now and feed the team as best you can," countered by the voice saying "why are you so concerned with getting that team running right now, anyway?" So thoughts are appreciated.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

Valk is fine, she is a good leader and sub and will find a place in your Horus, U&Y, Bastet, and AA Meta teams. Don't remove Echidna from your Horus team, it sucks that she's red but what are you gonna do? Horus really needs those extra 3 turns to deal with bosses and DD batman doesn't cut it.

Horus/Hera-Is(or Drawn Joker)/Bastet(or Valk) already covers all colors so you can plug Echidna and somebody else (Yomi) into that base team anyways. If that teams feels a little squishy then consider using Sigfried or GrOdin in it. Teaming with Kirin to eliminate the light dependency is also great, as it will let you plug CuChu in there. Green/dark is a really rare combination.

Thanks. Valk is now 72, and I have quite a bit of light XP left over (2 Supers [+2 for Zeus], 5 Kings, a bunch of Highs). The Hera-Is version of the team did look a little squishy for not very much gain in most cases (hard to stall long enough to get Gravity up), so I have a version with Siegfried/Valk for most friend leaders and a version with Siegfried/Cu Chulainn for Kirin.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Twinlits are back already? Do I have any chance of running them this time around? http://www.padherder.com/user/SAtzirean/monsters/

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

Zeus/Echidna/Yomi/Bastet/DD Batman/LL Zeus

Just see if you can survive the preemptive on the third floor then switch Yomi with somebody else that is beefier.

Floor 1: Mass dark/red/green attack with one set of light orbs and two/three sets of something else. Then stall as long as possible.
Floor 2: If you have three rounds left to kill them then just Bastet the suckers. Otherwise batman then Bastet.
Floor 3: Echidna. Kill the Dubs, stall at the tamadra while collecting light/dark orbs. A lot of them.
Floor 4: Echidna, gravities, bastet, and as big an attack as you can do. Kill the angelit first, then the devilit, delay him with batman if for whatever reason you didn't manage to kill him in four turns.

This team can survive the preemptive attack as long as the LL Zeus is at least level 96 (assuming no +HP). I also have light XP I wasn't sure what to do with yet; I can throw it at my Zeus to lower that number if it would be worth it.

By beefier, do you mean HP-wise or ATK-wise, or something else? I can swap in Siegfried to boost both HP and ATK as well as gaining access to blue attacks, but I've grown accustomed to the extra time Yomi gives me.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

By beefier I mean more HP (that sentence should have been "if you cannot survive the preemptive with that team's hp then switch Yomi out for something beefier"). Don't worry that much about the ATK, as long as your opening salvo in round 4 is well setup then you should be able to destroy them. That's why I recommend a mostly light/dark team, as those colors will do the most damage.

Understood. I'll boost Zeus a bit (probably the leftover Kings I have) to give myself some leeway, but otherwise I should be OK, I think, assuming I'm smart about checking the level of each LL Zeus on my friends list. I did look at using Hera-Is or Satan over Yomi just to cover the colors, but I don't have the team cost for either one.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

60 PAL rolls:

7× King (4× blue, 1× dark, 2× gold)
3× +egg
1× Tamadra (very last roll)
0× Super

Not the worst.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Because I want a Ra or an Isis, until not gold:

Horus (3rd)
Thor
Red Sonia (3rd, +)
Red Sonia (4th! What the hell am I going to do with four Red Sonias?)
Persephone
GrOdin (2nd)
Hattori Hanzo
Grape Dragon

A good run, but not a good run, if you get my meaning. Are the grape dragons really any good?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Rafzakael posted:

You do 4 Red Sonias + Persephone with a friend Red Sonia Leader and you slaughter everything in the game with impunity. Red Sonia is probably the best sub for Red Sonia.

...all right, fair. So I guess the question is, until then and given that she's a 5M XP monster, what do I do with a level 10, a level 6 and two level 5 Red Sonias? (Run Super Rubies in half an hour, I suppose.)

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

AHahahaha, holy poo poo, I'm late with this reply but, seriously, you call that only a "good run" Jesus Christ. Four Red Sonias!

Clearly, I am totally Red Sonia-ignorant. I've seen the videos and such, but I don't get how good she must be for the attention she gets.

My Horus is 99 now, though, so all I have left with him is his ultimate evo. I can throw every bit of red XP I get into Sonias for the foreseeable future.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

2/4 on Twinlits so far (both devilits, of course, since I'm looking for angelits). Both failures came from my first-floor match being too strong and sweeping the lits.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I am hating twinlits, but I currently have two angelits, two devilits. The monsters I have that need twinlits are Horus (currently 99), Zeus (68), Yomi (currently 99 but D/D ultimated already) and Hera (87).

Is Hera's ultimate worth going back in for the third devilit? If I get an angelit instead, is it more worthwhile to ultimate Zeus or to ultimate Horus and convert Yomi?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Before this weekend, I'd never gotten a Mask drop from Ocean of Heaven, despite it being my go-to rank XP run. Today I've gotten four, including:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

deadlinguo posted:

I'm sick of rerolling and I'm not going to go for a Horus or Isis. Should I just start playing now with Bastet?

Bastet is only the tiniest step behind Horus and Isis. Start playing.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Post-twinlit box sanity check, please.

What I have determined is that my priorities are a) 30 million red XP for Red Sonias and Shiva and b) getting Horus his ultimate in the meantime. What else should I be doing, is there something big I'm missing, and where should the Tamadras go?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Wasnt the last time we had her the 3 day event where I got hosed in the rear end with skillups?

No, we had her for a one-day deal on 12/27, but not since. The three-day event was 12/13-12/15, but before that she hadn't shown up since 10/25. So we're sort of overdue, in that this is the longest we've gone without SSP, but not absurdly so.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Here's my box again. Given that my current priorities are a) keep wrecking poo poo with Horus, b) get a preliminary Red Sonia team going, c) get an absurd Red Sonia team going, where should my XP be going for each color? I know Awoken Hera-Ur is very good for Sonia, but I need so much red XP for the rest of the team that I'm disinclined to give her any, and I don't know how much I should be focusing on Vamp or the Baddies since they won't be part of the absurd team.

Also, do I need more Satans tomorrow, and what do I do with him?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Furious Lobster posted:

Since your Sonia requires a crapload of xp, I'd strongly consider feeding off-color to get some of them evolved and leveled; however if you see a specific need for your Horus team, obviously level said monster. You should also consider making a Shiva team where the Sonias can also act as subs for that team.

Shiva is just behind the first Sonia in priority, for use both as a team leader and as a Sonia sub.

Furious Lobster posted:

You should get 3 more Satans to fully awaken yours.

Roger.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

SaucyLoggins posted:

I've got 21 Naga to feed to a skill level 2 Echidna. Let's hope my luck continues over to the skill ups...

After a day and a half, I have 10 waiting for my Echidna, who needs two more levels. I really hope that's enough, because gently caress that dungeon so hard.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

tzirean posted:

After a day and a half, I have 10 waiting for my Echidna, who needs two more levels. I really hope that's enough, because gently caress that dungeon so hard.

I went back last night and got four more. It was a good thing I did, because I needed 12 to get Echidna's last two points.

Then, of course, I fed the 13th to the 14th and got a skill up.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hi. Tell me how to get through Trifruits, please. Sonia will need skills, and no doubt I'll need the Tamadra chances.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Well, you've got all the pieces for a standard Satan/Duke Vamp/Red Sonia/Hera-Ur/King Baddie team, but you're going to have to level those guys up if you want to get through the dungeon. Satan & Sonia definitely need to be awakened, too.

Yeah, I'm already throwing all my XP at Sonia, I was hoping to get through Trifruits with a Horus or Bastet team. Guess I skip again?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Oh, didn't see those there. In that case, sure, go with a Horus team w/Bastet and Yomi as subs. Just make sure you get those Move Time awakenings first.

If it's worth spending five Tamadra across Horus and Bastet, sure, can do. Siegfried and Echidna to round out the team?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Absolutely. You're investing Tamadra so you can easily farm Tamadra.

Echidna isn't needed. You'll probably want to bring along GrOdin & Siegfried. Hera-Is only works if she's skilled otherwise the stalling takes too long/risky.

Actually yeah bring Echidna along so you have plenty of time against the green fruit which is the tough one to bring down in 1 hit.

I appear to literally be 2 team cost short of bringing GrOdin in Echidna's place, so it's good to know I can bring Echidna and accomplish something! Thank you both, I'll give it a try.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

My girlfriend started playing during the last Godfest and got a Loki. I've been trying to be helpful, but I really don't know much about mono-color teams, and the guides I've read and linked her to seem a bit out of date or assume you already know things we don't. She's through Castle of Satan and she got her first rainbow keepers today. With a team cost of 49, my main suggestion has been "learn to do the Friday Expert dungeon, get three dub-mythlits, run Loki/RK/dub/dub/dub + Persephone and wreck poo poo until Tier 6." Is there anything else I should be telling her about at this point in the game?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Thanks, everyone.

Furious Lobster posted:

Better to pair Loki with an ultimate evo'd Ares for the 4/2/2 goodness; otherwise your ideas sound good and maybe advise her to try to get a vamp or at least a big baddie.

She actually has more Ares friends than Persephones (and a good number of D/D Bats). Persephone was just on my mind because I was talking to her about her orb changing options.

Vamp is definitely on the list, but she hasn't had one drop yet and I think we're due for Lightless Devil's Nest soon anyway. (She did, however, get a naga from her one run of Flame Snake Woman.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I am 40% through rank 165 and have four Sonias and a Shiva that could use a lot of XP. My only priority until King Carnival hits is getting to 167 before then, right?

• Locked thread