Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just make the OP have "IF IT'S NOT ON THIS LIST REROLL DONT POST ASKING IF YOU SHOULD REROLL" in place of line breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pulled the KittyREM twice this morning and got two Bad Badtz-Marus, aka the guy I give the least poo poo about.

But a 3rd pull just now gave me Melody and I wanted her about as much as either gold egg drop because who can say no to a balanced 1 turn delay + orb enhancer for monogreen/choo choo teams? :toot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Three rolls of challenge stones:

Goddess Hello Kitty
My Melody+1
Kuromi

Should have stopped after the first roll.

Why? Your second roll is a pretty great monogreen/cu chu sub. Unless you have a handful of (light) 5 turn CD mons ready to go I'd say that Melody's going to be more useful to you than Valkitty.

Purin's probably one of the best farming leaders you could hope for. He can even still heal unlike Satan. Throw in Takeminakata and a Valkyrie and you're going to straight up murder dark enemies.

Purin/Takeminakata/Valkyrie/Verche/delay or heart maker/Purin

Constant 12.25x damage and you can just pop off valk/take/purin to drop a shitload of damage on some poor bastard.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Serisothikos posted:

I haven't been pushing challenge mode too much but about when can I expect Cu/Artemis x 5 to stop being an auto-win? :v:

I completely destroyed Ocean of Heaven with Freya, 3 Artemis, and 2 more Freya. 9 solid turns of 1.5x green damage and 2 double orb changers blew through everything. I died on the final boss on tomb of the saint because I was complacent due to aforementioned OoH destruction and used up 2 Artemis before the boss then matched like poo poo and died heartless.

One Artemis was DaveWoo, the other was also completely maxxed and the 3rd was max level, near max skill, and around +97 or so.

for the first few tiers having joker to just burn through everything while watching TV was nice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

endjinn posted:

I ground through Master level with Luci/Luci team. After that was done, I ran the numbers and did Legendary with mono-green. I wish every legend-level dungeon was that easy.

I think any 4/2/2 team with about 23k in health can finish out legendary.

I've been clearing it with an Isis team that has maybe 15k HP if I grab a beastly Isis buddy like Seeker. Only way I forsee dying is a supreme fuckup or I get 3 of the guys synced on 6 or 9 and can't kill any of them, then all 3 hit me instead of doing some harmless act. This also involves not doing ~200k damage with a 9x damage team in 2-3 rounds. 23k health is going to give a big buffer but this dungeon is insanely easy compared to pretty much anything else. Echidna and Vampire's dungeons on expert are harder than this is on legendary.

Fallorn posted:

I'm just getting back in the game will I ever have a use for 5 Freyr they will only give her 2 bustys at max right? Also Isis is getting 2 different bustys so I have a reason to make one of my Isis evole into each same with my two Horus one of each right?

Don't you think those Hanson sisters are just dreamy? :allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

gently caress you people that don't vote for Red Chaser. Suzaku supremacy. :argh:

Mirthless posted:

I think it is probably a pretty safe bet to say that most of us aren't on the Satan/Hercules/Zeus-Dios level yet, seriously. Every month we're pushing back a new goalpost in this thread. Does anyone remember when it was good to stone only if you had more than 50 stamina? And then 70? And then 100? Now we've got people saying 'don't stone for supers unless you have 150'. The way some of you guys talk ends up being very discouraging and it gives entirely the wrong idea to new players.

Purim will carry you through most of the game and by the time you get to the hardest descends you will probably have enough poo poo to put together a team capable of farming those, too. A Purim pull at a relatively low rank would be a godsend. You can clear all the normals in the game and most of the descends without ever having to put together a second team, and you can pick and choose the best subs since there's no color or type requirement. You have a free ride! Just hit godfests with your free stones and do the descends a x12 team can do (most of them!) and by the time you run out of descends to do nine months from now you'll probably have gotten an alternative solution to carry you through the rest of the endgame.

For the record, the same thing is true of Cu Chulainn teams, Siegfried teams, Valk teams and Isis teams. You can clear a lot of content with a x9-x12 multiplier!

Yep, anyone that pulls a Purin is set up to the descendeds easily. Get some good subs and you can get through Two Heroes/Hera without too much trouble as well I imagine. You might need a different team to not throw a bunch of stones at Zeus but that's debatable depending on your subs. A new player with Purin can focus on getting a bunch of dublits for subs and then waltz through a ton of content, especially if you are able to grab Purin friends to have a flat 12.25x damage.

Likewise, if you manage to roll something like Artemis or Freya and then can luck out with a My Melody from the HelloKittyREM you've got one of the best mono green subs out there. Farm a Green Golem and MSK when the opportunity arises and you're all but set.

BGrifter posted:

You're right that typically Satan teams run a second orb changer like Vampire but you're waaaaaaaaaay off on this one. Stalling 12 turns isn't that hard in most Decendeds, and Satan teams have an enormous HP buffer to work with.

Even a completely unskilled Baddie at 17 turns is a totally doable stall. You're going to have a 25kish HP buffer and a rank of skill boost on Cerebus too.

If you want to see videos of Satan teams clearing everything but Zeus-Dios/Hera-Is/Beelzebub check this thread. http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=26115

Baddie is used on all but Twinlits in those videos.

Shame that getting Satan is such a loving nightmare unless you have a buff Ra or Kirin team. I don't think any of my leaders could reliably run that dungeon without using a lot of stones. :smith:

Kalas posted:

Always 500 per awakening.

I forsee beating Challenge Mode King of the Gods with Gr.Odin, and like 5 2xAutoheal awakening critters. Slowly. So slowly.

For the love of your sanity sneak a Zeus or two in there if you can.

My question is, how the hell is someone going to beat Zaerog or Fagan on challenge mode? I mean maybe Zaerog works if you bring 4-5 various fully awoken Odins and a tengu to swap in on Zaerog to resolve tank him, killing all but 1 dragon each wave and delaying to recharge gungnir uses, but that isn't going to work on Fagan.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

From the iOS games thread:

Downside is it's Paypal, but still 15% off an iTunes card means that pack of 85 stones is going to be a bit cheaper when you buy it instead of buying 12 half a dozen times, spending more money for less stones.

BGrifter posted:

It's actually pretty Healer team friendly if you have a high level one. Robin is also an option with the lack of healing orbs and a few good Light subs but may end up costing a few stones.

Ra/Kirin/U&Y or something similar are certainly idea though yeah.

No Valk and my Robin's in the 30s, unevolved, plus I'm not a savant (or using Puzzcombo) so Robin's not very reliable outside of tricolors, and even then I've been burned a couple times :sigh:

Maybe I could do it if/when I busty Zeus, running Zeus/Verche/Echidna and maybe a Siren/Takeminakata(max lvl but unevolved atm) with a busty Zeus buddy.

e: Have some more friend slots. Usually run an 85 Isis or 75 SoD lucifer but I have other stuff like joker, Suzaku, DW Bat...etc:
http://www.padherder.com/user/Evilfluffy/monsters/#tttttttttt
Add me: 321,461,241

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 29, 2014

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^^ Apple Drawn sucks.

Guerrilla Dungeon seems to be continuing a find Gungho tradition. Let's see who can figure out what it is:

All supers except gold :argh:

FrickenMoron posted:

Are they still going to run the dungeon with regular tamadra if it happens outside of the weekly schedule? Please also remember that we get new ways to earn tamadra in 6.4 with the scoring thing apparently.

Don't you basically have to Ra/Anubis like you were Paprika to get S ranks?

trucutru posted:

That baby tamadra change is annoying. The JP version gives free tamadras often and I don't have that many monsters in there so that won't be as bad but I better farm twinlits while I can on the US side.

Hasn't Japan gotten something like 16 or 17 free Tamadras while we've gotten 2? Maybe 3? I could be ok with the change if they give us a dozen Tamadras first.

BGrifter posted:

A Greek/Norse Godfest would be really nice right about now. I'd be ecstatic with a Persephone or a Loki.

Just whale during a godfest that also has dark carnival going on and you'll get both. :smuggo:

trucutru posted:

Baby Tamas are a good idea, replacing the regular tama drops with them is BS. They could add baby tamas to dragon dungeons or whatever, for a nice, unexpexted boost.

In addition to normal ones right? Because unless they're on every loving floor of color dragon levels baby tamas taking over in there would loving suck.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shroud posted:

Ok, thanks for the info!

Is there a guide for people new to PaD that's up to date? I don't want to crap up the thread with newbie questions.

You didn't actually read the OP at all, did you?

Be honest. :toughguy:

mphill posted:

Is this wishful thinking or a thing that might happen? I know we did for the Valks, but they're not even close to the level of the Sonias or Metas.

I would basically buy stones until I get a red one and I would feel terrible about it for days.

We just need a Godfest fest. 3x drop rate on Sonias, Odins, and Metatrons.

KnifeWrench posted:

REM:
Lemon Dragon (like I needed another place to put light XP)

HKREM:
Badtz Maru (dark attacker refresh might be handy someday?)

Badtz is their Catwoman. Common as hell and lovely. I got 2 of them on 3 rolls, 3rd was the one I wanted most (My Melody) so it was some small consolation.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

mphill posted:

Went 0/11 this morning on Twinlits. Never made it out of the first round. Tried twice more just now. Zero stoned both. I'm not sure if I got really hosed on the RNG or if I made 11 different mistakes and learned 11 different lessons and am now a Twinlit killing machine. Kind of leaning mostly #1.

Five stones for nothing was a pretty awful feeling. Somehow far worse than rolling the REM and getting nothing.

Six stones for two Angelits, a tamadra, a much needed dubmyth, and two much needed mythlits is much, much better.

I now have three Angelits. I guess now I just have to wait another 6 months to get the 370 day login bonus so I can actually evolve Zeus. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, we'll get super golds again.
on your 370th login bonus day :v:

ptp posted:

Good to know. I think one of the hardest parts about getting started with this game is getting my head around where I should be going and when I should be trying to get there. This kind of advice really helps!

Thanks! Is Isis ever going to be a factor again? I just evolved her - although I've been gravitating more towards Kushinada lately - and I guess for sentimental reasons I wonder if she'll ever have a niche to fill.

In addition to the aforementioned monoblue physical setup she can do, Isis/Isis is still a very solid and easy to trigger 9x damage team that you can use to just blow through everything up to and including Ocean of Heaven, which you'll likely do more than anything else when ranking. She'll never not be useful.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

mphill posted:

You joke, but I'm like 90% sure Artemis/Woodsie/Melody/Ceres/Parvati/Artemis would trivialize it. I know that's a 4/4/1, but still. :v:

I went 0/11 this morning, and while the first 3 were probably just getting my feet wet, I had a string of what I now think was just terrible RNG luck. I'm 4/5 in zero stoning since and certainly retract the "statistically implausible" remark, but I still fully believe the first floor has more creative ways to RNG-gently caress you than anywhere else in the game.

e: I actually really want to make this team. Someone tell me not to whale on the awful HK REM for a Melody.

I got My Melody after 3 pulls on the HK REM. The first two pulls were Badtz Maru though so it was basically 15 stones for 1 monster.

But it'll go nice on my Freya/Cu Chu/ADK/Melody/Toytop(or Odin) monogreen team. Or as a sub on a Cu Chu 9x Balance team. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yarrington posted:

Make that six runs of Izanami legend for around 12 stones.

Neither dropped. I guess I'm paying for good drop luck for most of the other descends :(

You shouldn't stone in legend runs unless you know it'll be a 0-1 stone run, imo.

trucutru posted:

Yeah, they are way too luck-based and some people are going to get screwed. And, since the game is based on the JP version, and that version has given away around 28 tamadras the developers feel like having monsters with 7 awakening or such are reasonable, which may be the case, but not in the case of the US version.

If it is any consolation, in 6.4 you get a free tamadra from acing a 50-stamina dungeon so feel free to PuzzCombo them, it's the least you could do.

Edit: I just checked my JP account to see how many free tamadras have been given, by counting my awakening numbers (I have gotten 2 extra tamas from the PAL machine and 2 from S-level clears). The grand total is *34*, and today we go another one. (four more to go I believe)

That's absurd. I don't even think I could find a meaningful use for 34 Tamadras. I'd certainly try though.

MonsterWalk posted:

Rolled four times with reckless abandon just to see what would happen:
Basilisk
RDK
Dragonette
Salamander.

Thinking I may take a break for a bit. :sigh:

Never roll when it isn't a godfest.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I'm hoping SoD Luci/Vampire Lord/RK/Echidna/Siren/SoD Luci can 1-2 stone Hero Descended tomorrow, even though neither Echidna or Siren are max skilled. Do I have a chance in hell?

I ran Heroes using SoD Lucifer/RK/RK/Echidna/Marine Goblin/SoD Lucifer. Nothing was max skilled and the only waves I'd die on was the first one.

Vidmaster posted:

TMNT collab dungeon incoming!

This would be the greatest thing.

Puzzle & Dragons: Donatello and Hello Kitty team up to fight the Joker

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Potsticker posted:

How levelled was the Lucifer, because I can field this team. (Siren instead of Goblin)

Maybe in the 50-60 range? I think I took it up around 70 for Hera.

mphill posted:

Clearly it will be a day-long repeatable version of the 10 stam tamadra dungeon, designed to bring us back in line with JP.

I'd stone and buy so many boxes for this. You have no loving idea. Then I'd awaken everything I have.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I think I'm going to start trying the wind dragon dungeon. I only have the start dragon for a 4/2/2 team though so I'm thinking I might be better off going with a Horus team. Maybe something like Horus/Echidna/SoD Lucifer/Top Droid/Gigas the Great/Horus? Lucifer/Droid cover non-red and then the rest just let me drop a shitload of fire damage on the boss. Or is that overkill for red? If I could get some loving mask drops I'd evo Odin and busty Cu Chu which would let me use those in place of Lucifer/Droid while just needing blue covered if I drop gigas, since echidna would be an insurance policy against lovely boards, especially if multiple demons are up because the 10% bind rate is more like 10% per red element on your team.

Getting hi means I have Freyja(6*), Cu Chu(5*), ADK(5*), Melody, Odin(5*), Toytops(3*), Robin(4*), Bastet(5*), Griffon, Yggsrasil, and Golem(4*) to choose from for green team layouts. I just need so much xp and evo mat stuff to make a solid monogreen team even if I don't get and skill up Canopus but I want him and don't know what kind of team I'd run. If Canopus was Balanced then it'd be a Cu Chu murder train.

heisenberg posted:

Jesus christ, Dave. Is this really much better than Athena for mono-green?

Coming from a guy who runs mono-green, but is running a shameful lvl 80 max skill Fortoytops and a lvl 60 Athena. Honestly, I want to be sure that I don't squander an opportunity or something.

Considering it has non-REM skillups it's close to Melody's usefulness due to the higher stats, or more useful unless you need that 1 turn delay.

Or you run both as subs, pop Artemis and Melody, nuke with the board, pop ADKZ/Toytops and cu Chu then pop canopus, nuke again all while having a buff up from Freya and not letting the enemy attack you. :black101:

mphill posted:

Groove Coaster! Didn't realize it was such amazing xp. 501/stam for a collab is almost unheard of. It's like 15% more than even Hello Kitty.

Fingers crossed they tweak it to add Persephone skillups, too. :sweatdrop:

Look at this guy who didn't farm wicked ladies. :smuggo:

mphill posted:

Oh my god. This is by far the most insane one yet. HOW DOES HE DO THOSE THINGS?!

He runs them a ton and records the successful run, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtnvW9h1h0

Also, he's a robot sent back in time to make PAD players feel inferior.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

My Melody got a GREAT when feeding it a pengdra, 2 high emeralds and 2 king emeralds, putting it up in to the mid 40s from level 1 after evolving it. Current monogreen team is Freyja/Melody/Cu Chu/ADK/Odin. I have about 15 green pengdras and about 13 emerald dragons for evolving them off plants tomorrow though. :(

Still want to try and get Canopus but without absurd luck and/or stoning I just know he won't get max skilled. Not sure who I'd replace with him either.

FrickenMoron posted:

Canopus trip report: 3/15 Could be worse!

Also baby tamadra can now be evolved... with GOLD KINGS :smith:

They sneak changed it, now it's a normal gold dragon.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140205_baby.html

Holy poo poo a consistent use for those loving dragon flowers.

Zierham posted:

So did Goemon a few times this morning with Luci/Luci. First two attempts, I got destroyed on the first round (one because I just didnt do enough dmg and got kinda screwed on dark orbs, the other because I was stupid and entered mythical). Third attempt I managed to get 2 of the ninjas down on the first floor but got heart starved. Figured that was a good time to use a stone since the first floor had been rather difficult (my logic being even if I stoned for stamina I may still fail first floor if I botch comboing or just dont get enough dark orbs). All is going well and I get to Goemon but I manage to get heart starved again (DJ is at 9 turn CD). Stone again to finish him up and of course I get a chest. Ugh.

Obviously my own fault, but anyone got tips for a Luci clear of Goemon that is really only struggling on the first floor? I was thinking about maybe using a Loki or DD Bat lead with Luci friend and bringing Nebradisk for the switchable 75% resist on Goemon? I'd have to be topping off every single round against Goemon though, which dual luci's doesnt require and it'll also make healing up after Morning Star a fair bit harder since I have to top off completely and at half rcv.

Any advice is appreciated!

Lucifer/RK/Hera/Hera/DJ(max skilled/awoken)/Lucifer was my Goemon team. Still relied on like like a 5x1 and 3x1 dark match with others on round 1, but max skilled heart maker is simply massive. Storing orbs properly it's nearly impossible to heart starve. My setup in the end had me going in to Goemon with 1 hera and 1 lucifer up. Fire off the Hera and then just do a bunch of damage while recharging the Heras and Lucifer. By the time all 3 are up I usually have done enough damage to be able to 2x gravity, morning star, pop RK, Pop DJ, match 2-3 sets of hearts plus whatever else, survive the coin toss that's likely coming my way, and finish him with the 2nd morning star. The worst part was the 8 clears it took for him to drop, and now I don't even use him much. :v:

A nice Lucifer buddy helps. Mine's around level 75 but I usually used people like Biske whose are max level and have a nice pile of +rcv eggs as well.

Tsurupettan posted:

I went to go look up Hera-Ur's page to check the drop rates. I clicked on Awoken Hera-Ur instead.

Of course, neither of the pages for Hera-Ur Descended say what Ifrit's drop rate is. :( Is it any decent? I could use a third Salamander for awakenings.

It's almost as bad as the facebook group. Almost.

I saw some complaint about a person getting kicked for posting their Hera fanart stuff and complaining that they didn't even post the NSFW stuff. I haven't been back since.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Troll post, there's no way we're getting super golds. :colbert:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Not sure if I'll try to stone for super golds a lot but I'm looking forward to having a lot of L/L Zeus buddies for when twinlit comes around again though. :toot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

For what it's worth, GungHo's responded to some of the complaints on its Facebook page about NA players not getting enough free Tamadra, basically saying, "we'll be having an announcement for NA players soon, stay tuned."

Nothing definitive, but at least we know they're aware of the issue.

The announcement will be that we're getting the Baby Tama dungeon in several weeks and it'll be for an entire weekend.

It would be nice if they gave us 10 days of Tamas since getting anything close to Japan's count seems unlikely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

It'll happen during the special event, most likely on the weekend.

And judging by the pic on the Facebook page, looks like we'll be getting a new addition to the REM machine this time around.

If Rodin wasn't such an ultra rare thing I'd be tempted to vainly throw stones at the REM for him. :sigh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

OBi posted:

He's very good until he becomes merely decent. He's pretty boring throughout.

You could clear the current pirate dungeon with a lucifer team for example. It's slow as poo poo and when you fat finger a combo and die the next round because you're 500hp short it loving sucks though because you just wasted 15-20 minutes for nothing. :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

waddler posted:

80 PAL rolls, from leaving weekend bonuses untouched in the inbox:
8 kings + 3 supers (2 gold), 2 plusses, 2 Tamas!

One of the plusses was stuck on a Unicorn, and I can't bring myself to feed it away.

Both Tamas fed directly to Yomi, though now I'm out of meaningful awakenings so the Valentine's Tamas will have to rot. When did JP get their 4th awakening for the REM gods? Perhaps we'll see that within two months?

I'm kind of amazed leaving the mails untouched works. Thought it just didn't work for points/stones after a few days.

Cpaka posted:

Is there any reason to hang on to un-evolved Hello Kitty slimes? I have probably 20 various colored ones crowding my box, as well as at least 2 of each evolved type.

The level 10s can be fed to a pengdra of any color to max it for evolving. The kitty slimes have served me well for this due to all the pengdra villages recently.

AG3 posted:

I want to pull it, but considering I got 5 Tamadra from the PAL I wouldn't be surprised if pulling the REM would eat the stones and only produce a loud farting sound.

Golems are pretty common from the REM so this sounds likely.

Nuebot posted:

Problem solving in PAD: I was having trouble with the pirate dragon dungeon because I am still a scrub who can't do good and this guy's high HP and constant damage each turn was wrecking me. So I made a team of seraph lucifer, D/D Hades, Hera, Kurone, archangel lucifer with friend leader seraph lucifer. I can farm the pirate dragon now.

SoD Lucifer is the (slow going) answer to any dungeon that isn't specifically setup to wreck 1/4/4 teams, which most newer dungeons are (gently caress you RGG in athena :qq:).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Fortunately SoD Lucifer will get you Valkyrie. A Valkyrie Healer team will get you Satan. A Satan team will crush Athena. Between those three teams you're in a fantastic position for nearly anything. Easy enough to grab a Zeus for Twinlits too!

I have a DW Bats team I'm building up consisting of DW Bats/DL Bats/Persephone/Vampire/??? (DJ or CDK I guess) which I imagine will deal with athena well enough when the time comes.

The Hebug posted:

Norse + Egyptian godfest. Pretty sweet combination, especially for starters.

The best godfest for new players. Either you get a good mono leader or Isis/Horus/Bastet, or Ra for savants. I think I'll throw away 5 stones on a pull in the off chance I get one of the few gods I'd probably want (Freyr, maybe Ra, any Sonia, blue/red odin). I'd settle for a Valkyrie or even a loving MIK though. :sigh:

Wait you thought Goemon wouldn't be able to carpet bomb the boss into oblivion? :confused:

I might give a Goemon run a try after Canopus is gone. Goemon/GtG/Hera-Ur(or Horus)/Echidna/whatever(maybe Suzaku)/Goemon should mudstomp everything until I get a heart cascade and die.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The best one on my list is psymonk_SA - 326,883,246 and +150.

That said, if he can deal with taking the RCV hit to use W/L instead, there's like three 297s, a 293, a 280, and Zydoran's 99/99/3. (Plus me.)

All I need is an Angelit and I'll be W/L as well, but I'm only +78 so far.:(
Could feed it the 5 supers, 4 kings, and some of the dozen blue pengdras to put it to max level as well but I'm sure the XP's needed more on things that aren't in their mid 80s already. W/L just seems like the best choice unless you're running a painfully low RCV group of subs already.

Pierson posted:

What's a good source of gold outside of the weekend dungeon? I've got zero cash and a toooon of powering-up to do, and I don't want to sell a king or anything like that. :(

There isn't one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

Should be fine to blitz this with either a Satan team, Valk or Athena/Izanagi team I imagine. Could pop in BlOdin for the skill boosts too maybe, not to mention the HP buff.

Here's hoping I see a bunch of Satan buddies up again.

I don't even know if I'm going to use up the leftover stamina, I'd been doing challenge runs with the odd 20something I had left over after two Super King runs, but this dungeon seems like the kind I'd want to run non-stop and really pile on the EXP.

People need to leave up lucifers during supers damnit. Some of us are ok with a run taking ~3 minutes and doing 'only' 10-20 runs if we have the buddy leaders for it. :mad:

On the other hand, every time I've had to rely on a D/D Bat leader due to no other dark leads being up, I've gotten 2 supers from those runs, and a first floor invade which means I actually have to combo half-decently until droid is up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Today has been a nice day for PAD(so let's jinx it with a recap):
-Started a dub run before work and finished it after. Had Dub Myth drop.
-Evolved Odin, fed it 5 tamas to fully awaken it, and then fed it 5 sapphire super kings. Got a SUPER!! on the feed, jumping him from something like level 17 to 58 :getin:
-Before the Carnival I had 78 stam so I did another run, got an invade netting me 2 dubs in 2 runs.
-Ran carnival 9 times. Could've run it more but not a lot of Lucifer leaders up, and only one buff Amaterasu but a buff ammy healing 6k a round made stalling on first rounds easy enough even with a super present.
-8 supers showed up in total, only 2 dropped.
-only 1 emerald king dropped (on a wave of just 2 emerald kings), and every time a metal king was up, it dropped. :v:
-Fed Odin the emerald king and a handful of metal kings. Got a GREAT! which pushed him up to 64, fed a few small things to make him 65.
-Max leveled Isis with the sapphire super that dropped + 3 sapphire kings

Still have some various kings to feed once I figure out who to give them to. If the carnival comes around again in the future I'm going to get myself better prepared. Ideally I'll have a Satan team by then but running lucifer/rk/vamp/dj/droid/lucifer takes 3-4 minutes unless I have heart issues and a super invade on wave 1 requiring to put some effort in to keep alive while charging the droid. Running something like Horus would've likely worked fine as well but :effort:

Now all I need is an angelit and I can get my hands on W/L Isis. :toot:

pixfix posted:

So I just rolled an Isis as my starting roll and backed up the data048.bin.

I hear mixed things about her, this will be a non IAP account. Should I just go with her or reroll during godfest?

Anyone who says mixed things about her should be ignored. Isis is hands down the best starter for a new player and her W/L final form can run teams that will more than handle a lot of late game stuff.

Use Isis, and team up with Isis goons. When you match 3 colors (that're on your team, so make sure all 5 are covered) you will do 9x damage, which will blow holes in a lot of things.

If you can put together a resolve team(http://guide.padherder.com/Resolve_Team) and run the friday dungeon on expert then do so because the dublits from that dungeon have a team cost of 1 and better stats than anything else you could hope to pad out your team with early on.

Save all your stones for the godfest that'll run this weekend. If you can manage to get 10-15 stones that's 2-3 rolls and worst case scenario you get a mystic knight, healer girl, or heartbreaker ripper dragon instead of an egyptian/norse/godfest-only god. None of which will be better leaders for you than Isis.

AnonSpore posted:

When the Space Jam collab comes up how hard would you whale for Shadow Barkley or Barkley&Hoopz?

I would unironically whale the gently caress out of a Space Jam REM/Collab. 5% chance to pull Jordan or Bugs? Deal. :retrogames:

Karnegal posted:

I was trying to put a 3-4 gravity team together to Lucifer cheese some other descendeds. I already have a hades.

If you need 4 gravs then you run two heras, double grav at the start then double grav in 30 turns. Alternately, you single grav, spend 30 turns recharging and chipping away, then double grab and double star (this works well on Goemon and Hera-Ur legend runs, IDK about mythical). Doing this on Goemon means 30 rounds of chipping away while healing and not having to worry about gil toss.

Valatar posted:

For anyone in need of Amaterasu's benevolence to survive the kingfest, I've put mine up. She heals 6,180 per turn, so you're going to need to match some hearts every few turns to keep up with the incoming damage while you charge Ra or Droiddragon or whatever thing you're going to use to kill the supers.

http://www.padherder.com/user/Valatar-SA/monsters

I used yours several times, thanks :buddy:

raej posted:

Is a 1/4/4 Luci team going to be able to tank through Carnival of Kings?

Easily. I ran 1/4/4 and when I ran out of Lucifers I used Valatar, and then reset PAD when out of other options since usually his ammy or other lucifers were refreshed then.

Vamp and top droid work well together because not only can you store orbs but if you end up having to burn them quickly due to 2-3 supers showing up you can convert more with Vamp. Matching any non-dark color you can hit with will kill non-supers too, so on non-super waves you could likely match green/blue and droid will do the 150+ needed to kill the two kings.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

McGavin posted:

0 for 5 here. Now I have to wait at least another week to get my Ultimate Ra.

Get one from twinlits this weekend.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She's definitely not a bad God to start with. Pairs up nicely with Lokis and Lucifers of which there are plenty floating around. But yeah, back up that account and roll for an Egyptian because they own.

Going to second this. She can be a good backup plan but you absolutely want to roll in the hopes of getting Isis/Horus or maybe Bastet. If you get Freyr/I&I/Freya those would be a better leader to go with than Persephone as well IMO.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Potsticker posted:

Getting a god for a 4/2/2 team is my goal during this godfest. I guess I could use Brachys in a pinch, though he needs to be evolved. I've got Susano, Highlander, Green Sonia, Dragon Knight, Forest Guardian, and a couple other things that would make good subs. If I got a green 4/2/2 god I would be in 7th heaven.

My current monogreen team is Freyja, Melody, Cu Chu, ADK, and GrOdin (fully awoken). I also have Canopus, green golem, and a few others, but I can tell you from experience that if you get a freya or artemis you have a monogreen team that will carry you up to/through Ocean of Heaven (the red dungeons will be tedious though).

Paper Lion posted:

i had a bunch of stones laying around because I just started playing with a U&Y and could afford 4 pulls, figured gently caress it yolo and bought a couple stones for a fifth and got some gryps rider thing w/e

who the hell should I use for my leader out of U&Y, Bastet or Anubis?

U&Y if you're good at matching with him. Bastet (for easier stuff) if you're pulling off 6+ chains regularly.

SumYungGui posted:

I am presented with a choice now. I've had Sea Enchantress Siren up as my friend character since I started. Should I replace that with the Horus I just got? Not sure what's helpful to other people around the level I am, namely, just starting technical dungeons.

Siren sucks as a friend leader and to be honest I doubt anyone ever really used it. Use Horus and never look back.

onepiecekenny posted:

Also I just rerolled Isis in my ult device. Man not sure which to pick.

The answer is always Isis. I started with Freyja and rolled Isis a few months in. Freyja only sees the occasional use even now (and I have the subs for a beastly monogreen). Isis all the way and without question.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ran twinlit 3 times in a row and died. 4th run cleared with 0 stones, barely. 5th run cleared but used 3 stones because I over estimated my board's damage for the final wave and both survived, with the devilit dying right before I did.

But when he died he didn't drop, and I needed a 2nd angelit. 3 stones later I had it and now I have Shining Sea Deity Isis. A net cost of 6 stones (4 for stam refills, 3 on the last run, +1 for clear).

So my REM pull was W/L Isis. Truly the best REM pull of the fest. :smuggo:

e: My team for the twinlit runs: http://www.padherder.com/user/Evilfluffy/teams/#18049

Kept using Adar and rivals' busty Zeus leaders. Rivals' Zeus is a goddamn beast.

e2: Did a victory REM pull. Got the blue Berry Dragon :confuoot:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 16, 2014

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

gently caress it, one last pull since I'm a chump and may as well polish off my stones.

- +Ra , my 3rd.

Why couldn't you have been Anubis. (or another Sonia at least)

I had this same though when I saw I had 10 stones:

AA Meta :confuoot:
CDK :suicide:

At least I got my W/L Isis so I don't even care, and the victory pull after it gave me a Berry Dragon incase I'd ever want a 9 awakening sub for a blue team. Going to spend this next week catching up on challenge stone farming and collect a handful of RKs Tuesday so I can evolve a few things with the 4 dubmyths I have now.

tzirean posted:

Before this weekend, I'd never gotten a Mask drop from Ocean of Heaven, despite it being my go-to rank XP run. Today I've gotten four, including:

I'm 0/3 on masks in OoH today. 2 of them didn't have anything drop from their waves at all. :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Munkaboo posted:

High five! So far it's just me and you who got Rodin.

Although I didn't whale :smug:. Didnt get poo poo in 3 other rolls though :(

Let me introduce you to the list people who wouldn't be happy to get Rodin if it meant 3 other rolls were poo poo:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yudo posted:

That box :stare:

Go for the comedy Sonia, Sonia, Sonia, Sonia, Shiva luxury team. Sonia's fire row awakening is her first, so it would only cost 4 tamas for 4 fire rows and whatever for Shiva for a total of six. Ultimately you would have 4 dark and 6 fire. Go destroy poo poo.

It'd really shine with the skill boosts though. 2 per sonia and 1 from Shiva. So a Sonia/Sonia/Sonia/Sonia/Shiva/Sonia team ends up with a 9 turn headstart on their skills. :stonk:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eddain posted:

Yeah I need a visual aid or something, I got the left side of the board but then realized everything would just become rows after I moved.

Something basic is like:
XXLXLL
LXXLXX
LXXXLL
LXXLXX
XLLGLL

An ideal one would be more like:
GGLGLL
LXXLGG
LXXGLL
LGGLGG
XLLGLL

But maybe it's just me. If you can get 4x light off, with one being a 5orb so you hit both twinlits, you should get a pretty solid shot in. If you have Bastet then you can go much more extreme for the matches. Matching on the outsides might work better too. I never did one-round the twinlits with my boar setups though. :sigh:

If you're using a row enhancement-heavy team (like Satan) then you're going to want to setup so that you drag your finger up then down and end up with rows of 6 instead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I have the blue fruit dragon and doubt I'll use it either. I&I/Sieg/Aldebran(?)/Siren/Isis with a Hermes buddy hits nice and hard right now though I wouldn't mind a loving MIK but no, gungho are assholes. :mad:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Evolved an echidna to use as awakening fodder and it gave my main echidna her final skillup. :woop:

PaulC posted:

Am I misunderstanding something here? They're paying hundreds of dollars for ships in a game that doesn't even exist yet?

No that's starcitizen.txt in a nutshell.

FrickenMoron posted:

If you want to see predatory f2p games look at anything mobage took under their wing. Or dungeon keeper!

Dungeon Keeper is blatant about it's IAP. The real predatory stuff is games like Candy Crush Saga that push it on people very subtly, and then go around making more IAP games that copy existing ones while throwing legal muscle at people they're ripping off or are unrelated to them. Aka the Zynga Method.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eddain posted:

2 year anniversary of PAD, with Max Murai running through a gauntlet of descended dungeons using his tricolor Isis or Cu balanced teams. Every dungeon he clears gives JP players 1 stone, and this Zeus dungeon will give 3 stones if he clears it.

drat, he cleared Zeus with his Cu balanced team.

Oh cool, after the recent Tama giveaways I was worried that Gungho might treat non-Japanese players almost equally. Good to know we just get whatever falls of the table still.

madstrike posted:

Ults for AA Lucifer, LTron!! & Kirin...meh.

EDIT: new monster Hadal : combination of all Mech Dragons!
- Ultimate Zaerog!
- some girl riding a dragon (puran?)
- ultimate siren!
- ultimate lilith! x 2!
- some twin dragons (seem to be dungeon monsters)
- ramen monster? wat?

- New god series: Indians 2.0? Druga, Cao Cao (looks awesome!)

If Cao Cao is a new hero PAD might be getting a Three Kingdoms pantheon/collab? :dance:

Or maybe there's a Cao Cao in Indian lore but he's a fairly major Three Kingdoms figure. That image of him up on PDX is definitely a Three Kingdoms Cao Cao either way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

The people whining about Good Luci being poo poo are players who have been around long enough to do everything Lucifer can 0-1 stone.

Pretty much. With SoD Lucifer you can petty consistently 0-stone Hera with RK/RK/poison/heartmaker(more skilled the better) subs and if your buddy SoD Lucifer is heavy on RCV you're going to be able to match hera's damage with 3x1 hearts on a 4 chain which is easy to pull off though more is better so you can keep storing extra orbs for heartmaking as well.

Sure getting Horus or Isis and being able to consistently fire them off can be better once you've farmed and leveled the subs, but if you can get a ghostring then your AA Lucifer team will have 3 out of its 5 members require 0 investment, with only lucifer and the heartmaker needing help.

And Having a maxskill, fully awoken busty DJ for a heartmaker on a Lucifer team makes a lot of things more of a joke because he's contributing to that 60k+ hp and 8k+ RCV. :c00lbert:

ReidRansom posted:

Speaking of Satan, what's the drop rate on Cerberus like? I've only run it once and didn't get him, but I'd sure like one for my Sonia team, especially now he's getting a busty.

e: until I can manage a Hera-Ur, at least.

How can you clear Satan but not be able to manage Hera-Ur? Run it on legend, it's going to be much easier than Satan.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: ^^^^ You mean using Ghostring as a leader? That works too but it sounds slow as hell to rely on one lucifer, and Hades could be an issue without dual morningstars.

Getting that RO Ace collab would be so drat fantastic. Shitloads of skillup mons and Hrungnir, a W/G physical sub for W/L Isis teams that can orb enhance blue(and green). :getin:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 21, 2014

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The GrOdin skill-up in the Evangelion dungeon requires a Dark Keeper.

What. The. gently caress.

I'm sure I'll get enough of them while farming red keepers for my Isis skillups!
:smithicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The closest thing I have to a leader that's 4 star or lower is Vampire, or a Rowdy Red Goblin. I had 2 flame chasers but fed them to Suzaku for 0 skillups awhile back because I didn't think to look at their cost/leader skills.

My only other leader option at 4 stars or lower is robin. I currently have no feasible team for the RO Ace collab. :cry:

DaveWoo posted:

Well, if you don't get enough Dark Keepers there, you could always run the Purple Mythic Stone Dragon dungeon on a Monday! :v:

I've actually done this

Which can combo with ultimate Asuka (2.5x ATK/2x HP to Attackers) to form a 6.25/2/2 Attacker team. (Don't know what you'd use as subs for that team, though - Freyr, Ares, and...?)

I haven't even finished clearing technicals that far yet because I keep getting distracted by event dungeons and farming rank xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

According to the PAD Forum, yes, the update contained info for the 3 Indian god ultimate evos, along with Dragon Zombie and ultimate Ifrit/Divinegon/Tiamat.

Oh, and also, apparently the Red Pirate Dragon dungeon is getting a 3x Chaser invade rate tomorrow.

Welp guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow so that I can maybe get a team for RO Ace setup. :v:

Alternately, if GC collab comes back, a UFO team might work since the boss cuts off 99% of your HP, ensuring you're in the boost zone no matter what.

• Locked thread