Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Probably, but the starter dragon series from the Hello Poor Impulse Control REM are barely better than the regular starters (with exception of the green one, which makes for a decent sub) and I'd still place them behind regular 4/2/2 god leaders like Artemis/Freyja. I'd say that both TAMADRAPurin and Princess Valkitty are good starter rolls. In the case of Valkitty, you'd have enough offense to power through most early dungeons even off of unskilled goblins and carbuncles, and by the time you hit Castle of Satan you can start max-skilling orb changers off of survey dungeons and hopefully roll for better subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

They're maybe running a large-scale test to see if trickling out Tamadras gets them more money than treating them like magic stones and upending a bucket on their player's heads every godfest. No clue about the delayed ultimates.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

Well yes, IMO the main problem is that, after the Egyptians were released, high multiplier leaders became *the* leaders and the new dungeons are balanced around them. GungHo has found different ways to disguise the fact that all new gods and rare REM monsters are damage multipliers by having different activation requirements but, in the end, if you have a few of them there is not much point in getting the others besides collect-them-all.
This is a problem that was, in some sense, further exacerbated by AA Lucifer! For a while post-Egyptian there was the (vague, faint) promise that you either had the skill to run a 16x team or you could muddle through with a 4/2/2 on the back of orb-clearing ability and consistent orb changing. With the addition of AA Lucifer and the attempt to not have him trivialize all dungeons, most new dungeons open up with a huge gently caress-off room designed to be breezed through by high multiplier teams and impossible to complete on a 1/4/4 team. This, unfortunately, meant more standard mono-color teams struggle a lot with new descendeds. The increasing ease of getting a 9x team also means that more descended are built around breaking 12x or bust.

I mean, on one level this is good for GungHo as well, as an environment when people are running 16x teams that are very vulnerable to hiccups while stalling means magic stones going towards "I'll nail that combo the next turn, just you see!", but on the other why is Parvati getting 3x to green or 1.5x without any other buffs :argh:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, you're right. I may be being too reactionary. Row awakenings are very mono-color specific since they're heavily based on having the orb changers to toggle them and it's clear that they're trying to bring up the average power level of mono leaders (by giving them row awakenings, access to unrestricted 9x, etc, 3 turn 1.5x boosts) We'll see once the new ultimate evos roll through :v:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Looking at my own box I'd probably do something like Shiva/Belial/Dino Rider/FF Ifrit*/Echidna/Shiva.

Belial & Dino Rider are synergistic since Belial will convert off the greens that Dino Rider makes, Ifrit has a damage boost and great awakenings (and good stats with FF), Echidna is, you know, Echidna. The * is because if I had Freyr I'd run him there instead.

With that team you have nine row boosts, 4 from Shivas, 2 from Belial, 1 from Dino Rider, 2 from FF Ifrit or Freyr. Ares can also go in there.

e: Aww I don't have Dino Rider. He's the only one I'm missing! Okay then, I'd put Ares in Dino Rider's spot. Water, Hearts and Green to red is a nice variety of conversions and leaves Dark on the board for the 4 monsters with a dark sub-color.

Uriel isn't a bad sub either. I don't have Belial so I might drop in Titan or someone just for the HP buffer, making my team Shiva / Titan / Echidna / Freyr / ??? / Shiva. I could put Hera-Ur / Dino-Rider in there, just for three back to back orb enhances off of Freyr and Echidna's boosts. I guess I could also do the non-twinlit evo for my Parvati and go Shiva / Titan / Echidna / Freyr / Parvati / Shiva :v:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I wonder what the next god cycle leader skills will be.

Bonus attack if you clear X or more orbs? Standard RGB cycle (3x attack if you clear over 6 green orbs, +0.5 per additional gem up to 4x) as well as comedy L/D ones (Clear over 30 gems for 7x multiplier)

It would be interesting if there were active skills that were buffs that prevented orbs of a certain color from dropping, essentially turning the board four color for two or three turns as buffs to monocolor and combo teams -- though Kirin would probably want one that prevented Dark orbs from being created :v:

There's also the weird and less interesting type bonuses, though it might be interesting if they made it Egyptian style and had weird requirements trigger. Stuff like "4x attack if 3 attackers and 3 gods attack at once" or "3x attack if 4 balanced types attack, +0.5 for every other type also attacking"

They could also mess with more gimmick style leaders like Princess Valkitty. Imagine a leader skill that was "0.75x to all stats. Skills charge 1 turn per match" or something like "All skills deal 4x more damage"

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Twinlits is going to be my motivation to quit this goddamn game :negative:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Twinlits is just a level that requires practice to nail* since for the majority of teams you need to manage the first wave or else you die to 20k+ damage from lits or half your team bound, and then dying to 10k+ damage per turn from the mythlits that are clubbing your still-twitching hands with magic stones.

Well, that's me anyway. I added an Amaterasu to my team to make binds less of a hassle and then managed to one-shot the first wave three times due to big cascades combos twice, and on the final time not realizing that swapping in my amaterasu would cause me to fire out 3 light attacks instead of 2, wiping all three mythlits preferentially due to the targetting system.

*unless you have that zeus / fuma / ama / verche / l. meta / zeus team and can effortlessly clear 2 and 3 without delays

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Four runs and four devilits. Well, one devilit, the other three I sort of feebly lost hope after it became clear the angelit wasn't dropping. At least I'm at a point where I can make it to the last stage fairly regularly without spending stones.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Feels good to have (almost) maxed my starter god.
I just added you. I have Zeus up but only so I can run twinlits for my Parvati

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my team. Help me goons!

At the moment I have a pretty buff mono-green team. I got a bunch of subs, but don't have Freyja or Fafnir, meaning that I get about 4 row enhances if I do Parvati / Michael / Bastet / Mechdragon / Highlander, though Bastet would probably be swapped out for ADK or GrOdin, leaving me with 3 row enhances assuming another Parvati leader.

However, I also have a Lakshmi, which means I can run something like Lakshmi / Andromeda / Mechdragon / BlOdin / Leviathan for 2 orb changes and 7 row awakenings. I guess my question is mostly whether this team is worth the tamadara, since I can always start pumping their levels whenever Super Sapphire Dragons rolls around.

e: I guess the answer is "if you don't have anything better to do" -- I just could be getting marginal gains on the teams I use more often (mono green / bastet / isis) rather than a bunch of row awakenings for a team that's not quite there yet -- my Berserk isn't max skilled and I haven't max skilled my Fenrir Knight yet.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Anyone trying to run Heracles for Fafnerd drops? I can clear Legend at the cost of a stone each time, but I don't want to do that unless he drops semi-frequently.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

So, after 16 Heracles runs I got 11 titans, one dog, and zero dragons. I also got 4 skill ups for Heracles (all in a single feeding, the other two gave me crap). I also maxed my angel and started skilling a new one just because.

Oh well, that was a good use for four stones.

So, in short:

Useful for low-cost dungeons at least!

Looks like the potential drop on Fafnir is a whale trap. What a shame! I desperately need row awakenings for my green team. Heracles and Michael will probably do for now.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Puzzle & Dragons 6.4: You Can (Not) Stop Spending

Alternatively, one of my friends pointed this out to me and it blew my mind.

Puzzle & Dragons 6.4 : Puzzle Is Singular

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress yeah. That was close. Took every turn I has against the final floor. Mono-blue row team is only 16 Tamadra away from being relevant!

For the third wave do you just try to stall hard enough to have King Shynee up by then? The rest of the dungeon seems mostly self explanatory.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I thought there was a collab that dropped similar 4x to an element's attack when HP is full monsters? I remember it being seemingly bonkers overpowered, in the sense that someone blew through Zeus Descended making half-hearted 3 combos with the dark one.

fakeedit : Found it! Looks like the active also grants a minor 1 turn delay.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

God, I sure would hope so. It wouldn't make a difference for Super Dragons and stuff (oh boy, 12 stamina per hour instead of 6) where you'll still stone to run it more than 2-3 times in an hour, but it is painful when a 50 stamina dungeon is effectively 8 hours that you won't be playing PAD.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I think I need more levels on my team to do twinlits. D: I got it done, but it took me 4 stones and I didn't even get the type I needed. I think if I'd had a Ra that wasn't level 30 in evo 1 or both my and my partner's Zeus had been max level it would have been a lot easier but doing it with a team of level 60s was a disaster and I'm so dumb for spending all these stones oh god :gonk:
Twinlits is designed to get you angry. I'm at a point where I can clear it fairly consistently with a Zeus team but the first floor is still too finicky for my tastes. Running Zeus / Hera-Is / Neptune / Echidna, but I'm thinking of replacing Neptune with Bastet just so I get a little bit more leeway on the first floor and for additional burst on the last. This is a whale team :I

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I can do that team, the one with bastet anyway. How do you deal with floor 2 and 3 without Neptune or a second delay?

I still have Echidna for the 3rd floor, but the plan was to stall for Bastet and pop her on the second floor. Ideally Spread Cats will let you clear the floor without taking damage, though doing 9-10 attacks per turn might still be really dicey when your team is 4 light / 2 dark / 2 water / 2 fire / 1 wood, so, maybe it's not such a great idea after all. A second echidna or poison should work for the team though as long as you're above the one-shot threshold on the 3rd floor.

e: from the bottom of the last page!

trucutru posted:

If the second floor dubs start with a 3 counter or more then you use Bastet to kill them and Echidna on the third floor. If one of them starts with a 2 count then you use Echidna and then time your bastet skill so that you arrive to the third floor with one turn (or two, but I find one to be enough and that reduces the pounding on the tama) of spreadcats left so that you can deal a healthy amount of damage to both dubs on your first turn.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

A 6x wood team with Parvati/Freyja doesn't seem too bad, especially if you lug along a fully-awoken Ceres. A few waves are easily stallable so you can get Ceres's skill up. Burst down Gabriel because he's blue / if your friend is Freyja you can use 2x RCV to heal 14k health over two turns, no dark so you can safely match down Raphael. Whittle Sandalaphon down to 50% hp, use Ceres to clear binds, wipe him with your actives. 2x healing also means stalling is easy, especially since Parvati / Freyja / Ceres already provides a boatload of RCV.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I have no idea why they made Anubis / Amon such a slog to skill up. 45k exp + at least 50 stamina's worth of materials to evolve? For 10 skill ups which will get you a 10 turn orb change and a damage reflection skill that will never be useful? Why? Why GungHo?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Kuros posted:

I need dragon flowers of all things. :negative:
Due to clearing Thursday dungeons for flowers to skill up my Isis I already have something like 20 plants. Back onto the Pengdra cycle I go!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

THREE loving Gold Keepers for the golem ultimates?

gently caress. That.

Hilariously, they gain only +100 attack and +100 RCV, while losing the orb enhance awakening. I have no idea how that's supposed to be an attractive bet for 3 gold keepers, especially as orb enhance is still useful as a sub.

I wonder if W/L Isis treats healing orbs as an element like Horus -- probably not, though getting 3x attack with 2 colors and healing that can only go up from there sounds so good :allears:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Eh, maybe. I suspect that once GungHo feels that there are too many Gold Keepers out there, they'll just move on to the super-ultimate Mask evo material. (I wonder what kind of ridiculous bullshit that dungeon will have...)

Boss has 15 hp, 1 turn timer on a OHKO attack, pre-emptive status shield. Floor before the boss has a 5 turn skill lock pre-emptive.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Or to spend stones maxing out your flame chaster / 4* piedra for a dungeon that comes around once in a blue moon (or rolling for a backup Asuka, for the box space to store your spares). It's pretty smart.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Convergence posted:

Can someone post the mystic knight schedule?

The Wikia has one here. I'm in the process of skilling up my mystic ice knight. I really should max out my Parvati's +'s but I keep getting distracted by skill ups. Before this it was my Freyr, and then my Bastet, and before that it was my Isis and GrOdin :negative:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

When I get my phone back I'm doing this. My success rate on Twinlits is abysmal due to constantly mis-managing the first floor.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

If anyone has a MAXIMUM FREYJA as a leader, hit me up at 367,130,296! I usually run a Parvati, very occasionally Shiva or W/L Isis. Friend me even if you don't have a Freyja too, I have free slots, just want to try Sandalphon with a Parvati/Ceres/Cu Chulainn/Michael/Mechdragon/Freyja team.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Rangpur posted:

Huh. I just pulled twice on the REM and got Bastet and a Melon Dragon, both of which are perfect for a mono-green team. I guess I can't complain about how long it took to spawn Artemis anymore. Anything stopping me from just running all 3 at the same time? (Strategically; I know about point cost already.)

Nope! Bastet isn't that great as a sub on mono teams (has one row awakening, but active isn't that great since you should be able to keep the orbs flowing with 5 turn orb changers easily and move time is slightly less valuable on a team that relies more on orb changing to deal damage), but she's a top-tier leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: It's not gambling if it's anime

• Locked thread