Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If I enter a dungeon with increased drop rates on something, and then I go do something else and the time on the increased rates runs out, do I still get the good drops or is it based on completion time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In general, which awakenings should I be prioritizing and which ones should I avoid? The added orb movement time ones look sweet, as do the bind resistance ones (do those apply only to the leader, or to the entire team?), but I can't really get a handle on most of the others. The horizontal match ones seem too situational to really care about, and the 6% increased damage on (insert color) orbs bonus seems more like a late game thing where 6% can mean tens of thousands more damage than for where I am right now. Please tell me how wrong I am, goons.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Okay, so, what exactly is the mechanic that dictates how long it is before you can use a friend's leader again? Sometimes it seems like it's up again after a single dungeon, other times it's forever and a half or not at all.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

natetimm posted:

47 rerolls and I finally got a god. Horus. Someone explain his god-kingness to me im excited.

If you match and attack with four or more colors in a single turn then everything disappears. Things will stay that way for a long time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So is tomorrow's event a good time to hit the Pal machine or should I be waiting until the add tamadra to the drop table?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Potsticker posted:

Finally replacing Siren with Drawn Joker on my Haku team was a bigger boon than I was expecting. Not cannibalizing my fire orbs when I need hearts is very nice indeed. Still need a vampire for orb changing, though. I'm starting to wonder if I should just level a purple slime to replace the dub-mythlet holding on to my final slot.

Also: I really wish the Hello Kitty dungeon would remain forever.

What're you using for your blue monster now? I'm still using a marine goblin and I'm reluctant to use its heart making skill because of the reason you stated.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

What's this? Tell us more!

The devs implemented big nerfs for Thor and Wolverine, the two best characters that were easiest for new/non-IAP players to get, and called it "funbalancing" them. Also there was a buff that you needed to have for nearly every non-trivial fight that used to cost ISO-8 (the free currency you get from battles) and they made it so that they cost hero points (the IAP currency) instead. The latter of these two changes was not included in the patch notes.

I guess in PAD terms it'd be like, nerfing Hera and Echidna, and requiring you to pay a stone for every dungeonwhere you wanted your friend's leader skill to activate.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 31, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

opaopa13 posted:

That isn't what I meant, obviously. I meant maybe calling them "Chinese Gods" was somehow offensive. Since we don't have "Incarnation of Thor, Lucas" and "Incarnation of Perseus, Peter", I assumed GungHo singled out that particular Pantheon for a reason, and "because Chinese players asked them not to" was the most obvious one I could come up with v:shobon:v

Well then, I guess you didn't play Castlevania didn't play Lost Kingdoms didn't watch that one episode of Cowboy Bebop aren't as culturally aware as me :smug:

I think the simpler answer would be because Byakko, Genbu etc. are all animals, so to make them cute girls and therefore sell better they made them avatars instead of the gods themselves.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anyone online right now have an autohealer I can friend real quick? I wanna get in one last shot at a dubamelit before I cut my wrists in despair.

friend ID is 326,091,254

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 1, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

What's a good team for mindlessly farming lava tubes or something with similar exp/stam? I'm currently running a Haku team and it's all well and good when I get a good combo match but if I fat-finger something I'm dead against a lot of waves unless I have an Odin friend. Here's my lovely padherder. I just wanna grind away until I hit 100 stam, preferably without having to worry too much about who my friend leader is.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If I'm fighting a dude whose lifebar is, say, first half fire and second half wood, and I hit him with a huge water attack that does more than 50% of his HP, will the part of the attack that goes over 50% do half damage instead of double, or does the second element get applied after the round of attacks that takes him below half?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Light Meta would be fantastic if that's on the list. Hera-Ur or Hera-Is would be great too.

All three are on the list, yes.

e: Light Metatron is 神輝の代行者・メタトロン and Dark is 神魔の執行者・メタトロン in case anyone is interested in voting, though I suppose anyone here with a JP account interested in voting would probably recognize the names easily enough.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 5, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Canopus trip report: 3/15 Could be worse!

Also baby tamadra can now be evolved... with GOLD KINGS :smith:

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140205_baby.html

It's not kings, unless you're getting the information from somewhere other than the page you linked. 1x gold dragon, 2x dragon flower, 1x dragon fruit, 1x dub-topalit stuffed into evo fusion.

vvv Hahaha, I'm sure it was a simple error on their part :v:

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 5, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's not worth it to stone below 100 stam, right? It's just so tempting to do it when I have tens of thousands of xp left on my next rank up because I've been dumb and used all my stamina on guerrilla dungeons. :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Something that might be helpful to folks in the general vicinity of rank 70 (and probably up to at least 90): The highest difficulty Hello Kitty dungeon isn't that hard and is giving me a full rank each time I run it. So it might be a good way to grind out some ranks without having to worry about stamina.

edit: I also find it funny that some of the enemies will help me out by doing a dark orb changer.

It's pretty painful to run as a tricolor team if you let the big ones get a turn and make all your blue orbs into red and then red into green... with a Byakko team. :negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Can anyone with an autohealer friend me @326,091,254? Everyone on my friends list has spontaneously combusted and I still need 2 more dubamelits. :smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ugh. Does Vampire even appear in Castle of Satan? Not even talking about getting him, just wanna know he exists and it's not some sort of cosmic joke.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Howdy!

So beautiful. :qq:

e: and so I don't feel left out on Satan or Skydragons...

Wow is it just me or does Ra's active skill suck hard. I've only been playing for a month and I assumed all the good gods I didn't have had kicking rad actives to go along with their monstrous leader skills.

vvv and that's why I'm still bad! :v: Still, seems kinda lackluster except in certain situations.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 10, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I feel like I've leveled up, I can reliably clear T5 dungeons without dying unless I get extremely unlucky. This is incredibly satisfying.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How long did it take you guys to reach 100 stam? I've been playing about a month and just reached rank 100, which felt really cool until I realized in terms of total experience I was barely a fourth of the way there if that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Unknown_PC posted:

A new Orb Simulator made by Rugia from Baha
http://rugiabaku.com/

- Active skills support
- Tri-color & no RCV dungeon
- Fullboard tri-color or dual-color

There was a Gurren Lagann collab?!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

No Friend of Gravity posted:

I'm sorry, was this too subtle?

Needs about a dozen :snoop:s

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Eej posted:

Guys my dad just bought me a BMW but I heard that Ferraris are better??? Should I ask for a different car?

The best part of this analogy being where you ask your dad for a new car and get some shitheap jalopy that sounds like a dying walrus and rides like a rollercoaster, and you spend the rest of your days watching other people have fun riding their bimmers while you wait for the tow truck to come and pick up your car because the battery died again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Who handles the PadHerder guide? On the front page there's this:

There better be an actual article about this. :colbert:

When the Space Jam collab comes up how hard would you whale for Shadow Barkley or Barkley&Hoopz?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is there a good AA Meta team that isn't monolight? I have a valk, but she's the dark/red one and not the light/green one.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rolled until not gold,

Ra
Red Sonia
Anubis
Isis
Idun&Idunna
Highlander

:stare: I don't even have teams ready for these dudes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

So am I an incredibly lucky person for getting a Bastet on my first try at this because she seems pretty swell!

She is indeed super swell.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Wow, I didn't even know the golem in Lava Tubes could drop an egg.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So, assuming infinite money, is it still better to feed mons to the carbuncles before feeding five level ~20 carbuncles to a dude, or is it solely to save on money and it's the same/better to feed individually?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

berserker posted:

My 10 year old nephew got this game for his new ipad the other day (gonna have to have a talk with his parents about it so they make sure he doesn't suddenly just spend $1000 on it... hopefully zero in his case...) and so today he was all excited to show me his teams which are basically all carbuncles and goblins, and I asked "but what did you get from your first REM pull after the tutorial?" "Oh yeah, this one."

He got Isis. From his first and only roll, outside of a Godfest. And he can barely make a single 3-orb match!

Make him the Paprika of the West, he's still young and malleable.

e: Is the shortening of the friend usage window based on total experience or on rank numbers? I'm assuming the former but it wouldn't help to make sure.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 19, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

There's something really strange about stamina. When it's full I want it all to go away, when it's empty I want it all to come back.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

So it's totally normal to get pissed at a Dragon Fruit invade during Thursday Dungeon when you're Pengdra Cycling because that's just one less chance for a plant, right?

No, you're just a weirdo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Alright, can someone give me a direction to aim for? The recent godfest+finally unlocking challenge mode left me with a lot of cool toys but no experience, so I've just been dumping what I have into things willy-nilly and probably evo-ing way too much poo poo. My strongest team right now is my Haku team (Haku/DJ/RK/Black Blaze Valkyrie/Echidna), but I've been trying to build up a healer team (holy poo poo they really really need more HP). Should I give up on the healer team for now and just try and pump my Haku team's levels while grinding rank (I'm finally halfway there in terms of total EXP! :v:)? Here's my padherder.

Tsurupettan posted:

People use these as leaders?

No wait, let me correct that.

People use these?

I use her because all my other subs suck and I need something red/black/blue with good atk and rcv. :smith:

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 21, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=894

He even comes with almost 600 more hp, and almost 100 more attack!

He also doesn't exist :v:

At least, I've never seen him.

Eej posted:

You have a lot of options:

You can make an Isis team that will roll over everything that isn't a Descend, then you can learn how to maximize her damage to clear Descends.

You can make a Haku team which will have an easier time clearing Descends but be crappier at farming.

You can make a Red Sonia team that can do everything but you'll need a Vampire first.

Pick one and stick with it until you are at least level 70 in all the monsters of that team, otherwise you'll just keep flailing around not being able to do anything.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll stick with Haku for now since I'm already used to her.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Why is OOH good? it seems to be worse exp/stam than Lava Tubes. Is it just because of the chance at mystic masks?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

MonkeyBot posted:

Which btw anyone have an idea of when the next might be? I know nobody will know exactly but anyone got a prediction? Because seriously, gently caress this tutorial.

A week from now.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

So any word on anything good in the pal machine?

Just evo mats for this event, I think.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Is there anywhere that lists the new mobs for the Eva collab? 'Cus I just got an invade from this guy

on floor one of the second highest difficulty and he kicked my rear end. Also, my team isn't particularly strong and I probably had no business being there. But I'd like to know what he's for.

Active skill is enhanced dark orbs at 15(5), leader skill is 1.5 ATK and HP for attackers. 15 cost, 5 stars, 2053/1378/-200 at max level. Evolution mats are 2x dark keeper, 2x dub-amelit, and 1x dub-mythlit. No sub-color, god/attacker type. 3 million exp curve.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Wait so all these ultimates do is change their subcolor and WEAKEN their overall stats?

Different leader skills, according to the article. 3.5x ATK for physical(Siegfried)/balanced(Cu) above 80% health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

1/15 on Echidna skillups. :suicide:

• Locked thread