Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

No Friend of Gravity posted:

New thread! Seriously, make a Padherder account; it's more efficient than spamming your friend ID in the thread. (Which, by the way, can we cut that out?)

Quoting to point out that padherder has some friend finding features now too. Also IRC works really well for getting specific leaders up etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTQAKLeMxo

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Vincent Valentine posted:

Well it's not entirely accurate. He's great for a lot of things, just nothing that the vast majority of people in this thread care about. I mean, the first thread got like 100 posts a day and that was over a year ago. We've done everything a simple 3.5x multiplier can handle, and now that kind of thing doesn't cut it with new descendeds.

Speaking of new descendeds: Apparently there's a new conditional descended dungeon coming where the condition is that every dudes main type has to be Dragon.

Good thing I spent so much time working on making Fagan into a good leader and making a Dragon team to compliment him! I wanted more of a challenge and he seemed fun, but I ultimately gave up on him, guess it's time for that to pay off!

Wait, gently caress :smithicide:

I guess that gives me another reason to try to make this green sonia I rolled work. Been trying to theory craft a team for a bit and haven't come up with much outside of ADK/CDK. The green and dark fruit dragons would be cool but :whalenoises:.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

This is a great critique on a Valk team and showing how it can be easy for mid-end game players to make a basic Red Sonia team but A) as others have pointed out red sonia still isn't good for starters, B) the reroll guide doesn't recommend Valk so attacking that through this comparison seems weird.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

It's just the best. That's the way things are.

EDIT: I kid, monogreen just has lots of really cool subs like Parvati and Susano.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Mirthless posted:

Verche unless he's an absolutely vital sub (Athena teams, and... Athena teams?) simply because what he does isn't very spectacular in the first place.

Zeus and Kirin would like to have a word with you.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

mephology posted:

Get the pitch forks! It is 422 and that is how it should be :argh:

You're wrong, sorry.

dwarf74 posted:

I really don't think it should be 4/2/2. Why add to confusion for sake of a dumb tradition?

This 1 million times.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

padijun posted:

When did NA get the ECO collab? Is skilling up yomi/venus a good idea the next time it comes around?

A few months back. And yes, yes it is. I have 1 max skill fully awoken Yomi and 2 others waiting. Going to max skill / awaken at least one of them.

EDIT: It's also not that hard. IIRC on the highest difficulty the Yomi/Venus skillup is a guaranteed drop.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Prowler posted:

I am down to 71/85 friends after removing a few people who had 30+ days of inactivity, as well as some pruning from before. I could definitely use more pal points. Especially I&I havers!

Adding you. I have both Artemis and I&I so that should work out pretty well.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

two_step posted:

A mistake there: You want over 80% HP before moving on from wave 3, or you will be pretty sad on the twinlits

Zierham posted:

Zeus leader skill.

Just to be clear so there's no misinformation - this is wrong anyway as Zeus' leader skill wasn't one of the ones that got bumped to 80%. It still requires full HP.

trucutru posted:

BTW, the guide needs to mention that you should set-up a large combo in floor 3 while stalling at the Tamadra. Without that it will be pretty difficult for many teams to do the required damage in floor 4.

With a delay and orb changers up floor 4 should not need any pre-planning with a Zeus team. Unless you're talking about the Bastet section which I have no idea on because I've never used mine.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

pixfix posted:

So I just rolled an Isis as my starting roll and backed up the data048.bin.

I hear mixed things about her, this will be a non IAP account. Should I just go with her or reroll during godfest?

Quick, someone light the DACK FAYDEN signal!!

EDIT: For content, Isis is one of the best monsters in the game and she's easy to use. Definitely keep this account.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Re: the shittalking of Green Sonia near the end of the Godfest, couldn't you run a perfectly solid monogreen team with her using just Canopus and ADKs?

I mean, you could, but you aren't going to tackle kog with a team like that like you could with a mostly farmable Red Sonia team. Green Sonia isn't awful, she's just not nearly as strong as her counterparts.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, Blue Sonia is much more whale-oriented, which is why I tend to compare Red and Green rather than including Blue in the mix too. Blue can be really powerful, but hell, even I can't build a solid Blonia team.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

She's not BAD! I just am salty that I hit the rare one when the common one is far superior.

Welcome to my world. :cawg:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Green and Dark fruit dragons are really strong too. Salty that DACK FAYDEN pulled melon :(

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Eddain posted:

I have 3 dark fruit dragons and no intention of using them. And one green fruit dragon.

I obviously meant within the context of gsonia teams. (PLEASE DONATE THESE TO ME I'M SO JEALOUS FFFFFFFF)

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

aherdofpenguins posted:

Welp, so now that I have a team that can consistently do the normal Zeus (Red Sonia) I pretty much have no reason to ever do anything else. Even on normal, non 1.5x drop days that's the fastest way to get monster exp, rank up, and get + eggs. Almost sad in a way :(

I think 1.5x t5s have better +egg rates than non-1.5x kog. Like everything else it this game, it still depends what you're optimizing for.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Shark Tower posted:

Wasn't there talk about how it's better to just farm tamadras from metal dragons instead of evolving Satans for awakenings because of the work involved?

Yes but people tend to not understand how to correctly factor statistical variance and opportunity cost into the conversation (hint even with Satan it's probably better to farm multiples and awaken that way but it's still heavily contextual).

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Not really sure how that changes anything? It's still an enormous stamina investment in materials and evolution mats.

Using duplicate Satans means diverting stamina that could be used to farm the Tamadras needed into farming evolution mats. Even without taking into account nice event bonuses like 2x Tamadra rate or Tamadras in Pengdra Village it's still a better deal to just keep farming jewel dragons unless you're drowning in evolution materials with nothing to use them on.

Let me help you.

Evo mats and monster exp are both relatively low variance stam investments
Farming tamadra (even in twinlits) is a relatively high variance stam investment

You can also factor things like rank exp and +egg drops into this conversation if you want to, but I digress.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Zierham posted:

I'm loosely familiar with the statistical methods that (I think) would be used, but am utterly incapable of actually doing them... It'd be based on average stamina per awakening taking into account the evo materials needed (and maybe xp needed, using super metals?) and then coming up with a range for some given likelihood of getting the drops in that range (making up numbers, say 120-180 stamina to have a greater-than 80% chance of an awakening with each method) to account for drop rate variance? I mean, technically, averaging the expected stamina based on drop chance already accounts for this, but I could see that with Tamadra being pretty rare, a risk adverse person might want the relative "certainty" of spending (again, making up numbers) 250 stamina to get the awakening by evolving a Satan (given the drop chances for the xp and his mats are much higher, and there are multiple steps, making it extraordinarily unlikely you would spend, say, double the "average" stamina) versus there still being a (say) 20% chance of spending double the average stamina to get a tamadra.

Any chance you've got the statistics background (and time) to actually calculate the average stamina per tamadra based on PADForum drop rates and the average stamina per evolving a Satan (assuming super metals at average xp per stamina from PADForum data and the drop rates of the mats where available? Then do an expected stamina for 80%+ chance?

I could but :effort:

Like I said though, it's still contextual based on other monsters in your box too. Those variables include main teams, REM monsters with useful awakenings, how useful those are comparatively, and how often those teams are used. There's also the human aspect that factors into it. I have almost no patience for high-variance farming so that makes my view on it biased. I'd much rather farm up 3 Satans at 0 stones each and experience and mats at a roughly known rate than drop 400 stam into metal dragons and get unlucky and have gently caress-all to show for it. I mean, I ended the last event with 12 tamadra and they've all found great homes on non-farmable mons so even at that point if I had the choice to go back and not awaken my satan manuall I wouldn't do it.

There's also the tamadra nerf where tamadra in twinlits and (I think) trifruits are going to be babby tamadra so it further constrains the resource.

efb on that last point.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

On the whole "how to awaken Satan" question, my advice would be to just run Metal Dragons regardless. If you're lucky and get some Tamadras, great; if not, well, you'll still end up with a whole bunch of King Metals to feed to your spare Satans. That's what I did, and it worked out just fine for me.

I was going to post something along these lines at one point and then I realized it'd be bullshit because for me personally I still wouldn't give those tamadra to satan. :shrug:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Cryohazard posted:

I was under the impression that fruit dragons were added as an extra little boost for colour- and not type-based teams, and that's precisely the reason they're Dragon-type, because Dragon-type is 99% useless.

They really shine with gronia (jesus gently caress I want melon dragon and grape dragon so bad).

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

With noodles' setup, what are you matching when you finally need to kill the tamadra? Or is that exactly 1hp and you're going to grodin it?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Zombie Dragon is a little too early :( I don't think I can scrape together a Gronia team with 22k HP just yet. I'll have to math it to see if I can take him down with 2 Gronia actives.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

The amount of :tinfoil: in this thread right now is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Chiminey posted:

How doable is twinlits with a max level unevolved Zeus? I've got a maxed out Valk, Bane, and Echidna and would rather not use the experience on Zeus if I can avoid it.

You can do it just fine. Other people have used a baby Zeus with no exp given to it at all and got by with a buff l/l Zeus friend.

• Locked thread